What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman

Bigfella

Coach
In the players' defence:

1. they were sitting around a big table;
2. Others present included an an ex bikie, a bloke on bail for fraud, several with criminal records and others who have been charged with serious offences but weren't convicted when witnesses didn't turn up at court; and
3. There was Chinese food being served.

They obviously thought it was a board meeting!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I understand it isn't a good look, but hanging around ex bikies / convicted criminals isn't a crime.

Do we have any issue with Norman having coffees with Wicks ? Or having dinner with Manu ?

As long as Norman isn't committing a crime ( which he may have) there was nothing wrong with that dinner party.

All Norman is doing by hanging around that group, is affecting his sponsorship potential.

Noise

Coach
I understand it isn't a good look, but hanging around ex bikies / convicted criminals isn't a crime.

Do we have any issue with Norman having coffees with Wicks ? Or having dinner with Manu ?

As long as Norman isn't committing a crime ( which he may have) there was nothing wrong with that dinner party.

All Norman is doing by hanging around that group, is affecting his sponsorship potential.

I don't think anyone really cares who he hangs around but when he is caught up in a drugs scandal - with some reports suggesting it was Norman who had the pills confiscated- the whole night will be under the microscope

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gee its hard to believe that it's been nearly three weeks and still no interim measure have been put in place.

Wasn't the board meeting early last week to discuss interim measures ? Not looking good.
Everything is just great mate, nothing should change at all this is how a multi million dollar business should be run.........

ash411

Bench

Someone on twitter summed it up really well.

They said "if a group of 10 people go out for dinner, and 1 of them has syphilis, that means all of them have it, right?"

Gee its hard to believe that it's been nearly three weeks and still no interim measure have been put in place.

Wasn't the board meeting early last week to discuss interim measures ? Not looking good.
Well they tried to put Paul Bevan in as interim, but that didn't work out.
So really what needs to happen is this shit with the NRL needs to be sorted with should be end of next week then we can get someone more board members or have a EGM and a election and move forward. At present we are just treading water.
Ian Schubert a chance at football CEO or Football Manager?

I also think our season is going to come to a halt tonight after the Storm give us a lesson.
Then when the players know they are basically playing the rest of the season for nothing there maybe more of these sorts of things happen.
Players are people and when the drive to reach a goal is stopped, interest is lost and so is care. Young fella's with plenty of money and time on their hands with a don't care attitude could be very dangerous.
I hope the club is giving the players the support they need and maybe might need to suggest to go out together as a group and send a minder.
This season can and will get uglier.
Because we know the media won't stop until something or someone breaks/snaps.

Incorrect

Coach
Remember at the start of the season when the only thing we had to worry about was whether Foran's hammy's would get through the season.... I long for those days!!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Geez talk about dramas. It never ends. I hope the players are just focused on tonight's game which I'm confident they will be.

drago brelli

Bench
In the players' defence:

1. they were sitting around a big table;
2. Others present included an an ex bikie, a bloke on bail for fraud, several with criminal records and others who have been charged with serious offences but weren't convicted when witnesses didn't turn up at court; and
3. There was Chinese food being served.

They obviously thought it was a board meeting!

Very good........if you are going to be like other clubs supporters aren't you supposed to blame the media. It's the media's fault. You always shoot the messenger. It sort of absolves your club and players of any wrong doing. A media beat up.

Redback71

First Grade
how does the media even find out about this stuff? Like do they have the police and gambling agencies in there pocket feeding them information?

Incorrect

Coach
how does the media even find out about this stuff? Like do they have the police and gambling agencies in there pocket feeding them information?

Not the entire organisations, but these hyenas would have contacts everywhere, particularly in the police, who feed them info.... Any juicy names that might appear in a charge sheet would be spread like wildfire and only a matter of time before the likes DUI and Beetroot cheeks get fed the info...

T-Boon

Coach
This Corey Norman thing is nothing. Parra is just under the microscope at the moment as people are clicking on story's. Every small thing that happens like this "highlights how dysfunctional the club is". The only thing I take from this is how despicable the rugby league media is.

Redback71

First Grade
if I was parra id go on a complete media ban like forever. The only ones id talk to are the guys at talkin sport (make sure to drop the 'G') full-stop. LoL

ash411

Bench
Honestly, if the cops were going to arrest Corey, they would have by now.

The cops aren't really known for dragging their feet where drugs are concerned. And it's not like he's white or anything, so he doesn't get that white privilege now does he?

... still waiting for my white privilege card btw...

Honestly, if the cops were going to arrest Corey, they would have by now.

The cops aren't really known for dragging their feet where drugs are concerned. And it's not like he's white or anything, so he doesn't get that white privilege now does he?

... still waiting for my white privilege card btw...

Depends on what, if anything, is in the little pills (and obviously who had them). Lab tests don't seem to be available yet.