What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys robbed clear as day

bottle

Coach
Fox commentators thought it looked in forans favour on one angle, and against on another. They didn't mind the benefit of the doubt. What's all the butthurt about?

Try watching with your own eyes and forget the commentary. Try watching it from an unbiased viewpoint if possible. Try watching it as though it were happening against Manly.

If you can manage all of that it will become clear to you. Given your post history, I'm sure you'll fail though.

Danny-Boy

Juniors
Well I didn't hear the channel 9 call, but the fox call has nothing to say about controversy. Loz was slightly pissed off about the tafua strip, but that's it. They were happy with the manly benefit of the doubt calls, and so to were the refs.

Were rabs and gould going off?

Anyway well played cowboys, always had a soft spot for you guys.

bottle

Coach
Rabs and Co initially called the first one a no try, but then weren't sure.
They were stunned about the second one.

I've never felt so down after a rugby match. IMO K.Foran knocked on, however on the J.Taufua try, I thought it should have been try, and Steven Clarke agreed with me, shame he didn't some time later. I'd say I'm almost distraught.

Pretty sad that a game was decided like that. If it was the other way round i'd be fuming.

Oh well Tooves warned everyone this would happen! Playoffs decided by incompetent reffing

bennoonthehill

Juniors
its sad that our win has been tainted by such a ridiculous decision as the one that led to the final try. but as far as im concerned, that was karma for the deliberate strip that led to the cows first try in the second half. taufua's try i'm happy with BOTD, and i call bullshit on anyone who wouldn't agree if it were their team.

so both teams copped a diabolical decision - cows worse though because it was a video ref decision.

full disclosure - i haven't watched the coverage yet, i say this having only seen the action live and the big screen replays at the ground.

Cryptic

Juniors
Sack them all and put their combined saleries into research and development of a computer and camera + gps + motion sensors system that can do the reffing for us...

There are so many simple things that could be done to improve the game's refing standard... I don't really think we should go to the above as it would make it far too clinical but we need a bit of a mix of technology and the current refs system... Maybe get the ref who runs back the ten with the rest of the defence line to hold out a line marker which puts an obvious line down on the ground and the touchies have to watch it for if it's crossed early... Have a sensor in the ball so it knows when it's been propelled forward with-out anyone touching it and beeps in the touchies ears once (so obviously if it was a kick they wouldn't care, etc). Also knowing the rules would be good... I'm not keen on their reading abilities (he didn't mean to ground the ball, I guess Foran didn't mean to knock on so it was good to call that a try) though...

And best of all, get the video refs a HD TV and a Foxtel IQ.... That's all they need to f**king do it themselves... Oh and maybe people who aren't so blind they had their drivers licences taken off them...

Ianc

Juniors
I find it hard to believe that anyone could not consider that we weren't robbed. Those decisions were some of the worst I have seen in many years of watching league. The two teams didn't play under the same conditions tonight.

I'm absolutely gutted! We didn't play well in the first half & we had any chance of playing well in the second taken of us by refs.

I want to say things about Manly but they are just recipients of some lucky reffing. Some of their fans are saying more about themselves in this thread than I ever could.

natheel

Coach
history will repeat tomorrow night...watch souths play dogs to make the gf to get the nrl the most revenue and ratings

mongoose

Coach
It was a terrible call but it didn't decide the game. Manly still win if the try is not given. Maybe the cowboys even it up at 16-12 but they werent exactly storming home. It ruined the contest but didnt cost NQ the game.

The strip followed by massive forward pass for the cows first try at the very least evens out any doubt in the Tafua try.