What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys robbed clear as day

RABK

Referee
Build an ark people, the tears are going to cause another great flood.

NQ scored directly off a forward pass that came after the most blatant strip you'd ever see but that can be forgiven because it does not adversely affect the "neutral" fan. Taufua's try was a try, momentum took him over the line.
The Oldfield try granted was pretty dubious. An argument could be made either way but even as a Manly fan I'd feel pretty bad condoning that decision.

As a complete neutral, eg not on the cowboys darkhorse bandwagon, this is how i saw it.

CanadianEagle

Juniors
Some shocking calls by the refs tonight. Taufua BOTD try, we couldnt see angle of foot one the line, it hits the cornerpost, mome[FONT=&quot]n[/FONT]tum carries him over. The Cowboys second try coming from pe[FONT=&quot]n[/FONT]alty caused by blatant strip by a cowboy. The Oldfield try looks like Thurstons fingers touch it, but ball movement comes off mome[FONT=&quot]n[/FONT]tum of Forans touch. Forward pass from Thurston not pinged.

Same poor standard of referring throughout the year.

Unfortunately I can see the Raiders getting all the dud calls tomorrow as well. Dogs/Raiders would likely draw 50k and Dogs/Rabbitohs would be close to a sell out. (75k+).

In terms of ticket sales, the NRL will lose 25,000 x $50 a ticket (on average) = $1,250,000..let's say a likely 1.5 million dollars at least. (and that is not even considering the TV ratings)

bottle

Coach
Lol at those trying to compare an onfield decision at speed to two horrendous decisions under repeated stop frame scrutiny.
It seems a few don't understand the rules re double movements and momentum, including unfortunately the blokes in the video ref box tonight.
I'm with those opting to cull the video refs. I was a fan once, not any more.
If those errors are made at speed by the onfield refs, well I'm not happy, but I can at least understand and forgive human error. But after multiple slow mo looks? Sickening.
Destroying our game, regadless of who is playing who.

Danny-Boy

Juniors
LOL at the whingfest and butthurt.

Just watching the fox replay, tafua was a fair try, and the fox commentators agree. They were blowing up at the cowboys try though, clear strip.

Waiting for the so called foran knock on.

Brutus

Referee
Is f**king Arko still running the game???

Disgraceful decisions tonight and that Foran one was one of the worst I've seen by a video ref

I was at the game and the Manly fans were excited when Oldfield dived on the loose ball for 'that' try.

But when they saw the first proper replay they all sat down resigned to the fact the try wouldn't be awarded.

Then of course we all know what followed.

Heads my PERMANENTLY roll.

firechild

First Grade
Lol at those trying to compare an onfield decision at speed to two horrendous decisions under repeated stop frame scrutiny.
It seems a few don't understand the rules re double movements and momentum, including unfortunately the blokes in the video ref box tonight.
If those errors are made at speed by the onfield refs, well I'm not happy, but I can at least understand and forgive human error. But after multiple slow mo looks? Sickening.

Agree with most of that but if 2 refs and 2 touchies can't pick up a strip as blatant as the one that led to the 2nd Cowboys' try then surely we must be questioning their ability to adjudicate on any aspect of the game competently? How about a touchie picking up a forward pass that is thrown just a few meters from him?

Clifferd

Coach
haha, love how he says the refs aren't biased, they are just incompetent.
Eat a dick Harrigan

unintentional grounding? Erm

Manly were probably the better team but fmd...

Cryptic

Juniors
Just wanted to add that the on field refs were just as bad... That knock on was f**king obvious in real time so I was (at first) happy they got the try so they could get another look at it and rule it the knock on it should have been ruled originally... And then that happens... Shocking call...

Overall:
The first try I was OK with benefit of the doubt.
The second try was NEVER a try... 100% knock on...
Manly grounded the ball in-goal... Since f**king when to the refs decide "it wasn't intentional"... I wish police and the legal system had that special mind reading power that NRL refs apparantly do...
I need to check it and it's not on the reply but the last video ref call which was correctly a no try, did he make them kick the penalty from basically on their touch line? Which would mean he wasn't offside (when he 100% was) but tackling Tate was a penalty (which is 100% wasn't!).....

I think the Cowboys were looking better up until that point and I believe that decision DID change the way they played the rest of the game so saying "Manly were the better team" is pointless when the Cowboys would have played it COMPLETELY differently if that had rightfully been a change over and not a six pointer...

firechild

First Grade

Agree with most of that but surely if 2 refs and 2 touchies can't pick up a strip as blatant as the one that led to te Cowboys' 2nd try then their competence must be brought into question? What about the ability of a touchie to call a forward pass that is thrown just a few meters away? It's not like he was looking 25m infield with players obstructing his view.

some11

Referee
Manly fans shouldn't even be in this thread, they cannot possibly view tonight objectively due to confirmation bias.

Big Pete

Referee
The difference between the Taufua 'knock on' & the final 'try' is that the refs. didn't get 10 replays to come up with the wrong decision.

They had one look, with Jorge going in with a loose carry and on the ground. It wasn't clear what happened until we all received the benefit of a replay.

Those 50/50s happen, the final try was dead-set one of the worst decisions all year.

Taufua's 'try' was dubious. I can live with it being a try under the current rules but even Jorge got up knowing he didn't score there.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Manly fans shouldn't even be in this thread, they cannot possibly view tonight objectively due to confirmation bias.

lol

The anti-Manly bias from non-Manly fans is even worse. That's combined with a pro-Cowboys hysteria which starts up whenever the plucky underdogs get close to beating a loathed Sydney big gun. Same thing happened in 2004 when everyone decided the Cowboys were robbed against the Roosters.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Agree with most of that but surely if 2 refs and 2 touchies can't pick up a strip as blatant as the one that led to te Cowboys' 2nd try then their competence must be brought into question? What about the ability of a touchie to call a forward pass that is thrown just a few meters away? It's not like he was looking 25m infield with players obstructing his view.

Strip, absolutely, forward pass, I thought it was one of those line balls, I was ok with it.

firechild

First Grade

Bullshit. I (and other Manly fans) have already said that the Oldfield try was highly dubious. Yet we share the same opinion of the Taufua try as many neutral (I'll use the term loosely because most fans of neither team have a passionate bias against Manly) fans.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Just watched the highlight video.

What an absolute disgrace. Townsville will have trouble sleeping tonight. Harrigans career needs to be hung, drawn and quartered.