What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys robbed clear as day

natheel

Coach
its sad that our win has been tainted by such a ridiculous decision as the one that led to the final try. but as far as im concerned, that was karma for the deliberate strip that led to the cows first try in the second half. taufua's try i'm happy with BOTD, and i call bullshit on anyone who wouldn't agree if it were their team.

so both teams copped a diabolical decision - cows worse though because it was a video ref decision.

full disclosure - i haven't watched the coverage yet, i say this having only seen the action live and the big screen replays at the ground.

yeh Taufua was a try BUT the problem is 9 times out of ten it wouldn't have been the consistency of the refs is shocking. its a lottery when it comes to tries being awarded, not clear cut

beave

Coach
Either team will be cannon fodder for Melbourne next week anyway..

I agree, winning tonight would have been just delaying the inevitable for us really. Our slow start was criminal and a team like Melbourne would have put us to the sword if we did that again.

Hopefully once the dust settles, the NQ boys take a good hard look at themselves and remember everytime they run up Castle Hill in the middle of summer or are hurting in the gym they, remember this feeling tonight and how gutted they are because they should have come out the box far more up tempo'd and ready to play. They looked f**king shithouse in that first 20mins.

natheel

Coach
It was a terrible call but it didn't decide the game. Manly still win if the try is not given. Maybe the cowboys even it up at 16-12 but they werent exactly storming home. It ruined the contest but didnt cost NQ the game.

The strip followed by massive forward pass for the cows first try at the very least evens out any doubt in the Tafua try.

that last try killed the cows they had no answer nor would any team.

cows were still hanging in there before that

Geohood

Bench
We see shockers from video refs practically every week. Nothing new really. Especially my Roosters get horrible calls from the refs all the time... We had 3 or 4 video refs 'stood down' this year alone.

I saw the knock on from about 20 metres away at a pub but the refs see funny things.

natheel

Coach
I agree, winning tonight would have been just delaying the inevitable for us really. Our slow start was criminal and a team like Melbourne would have put us to the sword if we did that again.

Hopefully once the dust settles, the NQ boys take a good hard look at themselves and remember everytime they run up Castle Hill in the middle of summer or are hurting in the gym they, remember this feeling tonight and how gutted they are because they should have come out the box far more up tempo'd and ready to play. They looked f**king shithouse in that first 20mins.

If you weren't robbed tonight it would have been next week

CrazyTiger

Juniors
its sad that our win has been tainted by such a ridiculous decision as the one that led to the final try. but as far as im concerned, that was karma for the deliberate strip that led to the cows first try in the second half. taufua's try i'm happy with BOTD, and i call bullshit on anyone who wouldn't agree if it were their team.

so both teams copped a diabolical decision - cows worse though because it was a video ref decision.

full disclosure - i haven't watched the coverage yet, i say this having only seen the action live and the big screen replays at the ground.

Taufua promoted the ball a second time whilst he still had momentum, it doesn't matter
that his elbow had hit the ground. Is that against the rules or not?

Geohood

Bench
From the same screen I saw the Foran knock on, I thought I saw the ball justttt brush the try line as the corner post got in the way of the camera shot and Taufua had the ball on the ground rolling it forward slightly, before the 2nd effort which was OK as well as he was rolled over.

bennoonthehill

Juniors
the problem is you can't be certain that the ball hasn't already crossed the line before he 'promotes' it. clear case for BOTD, where benefit has to go to the attacking team.

bartman

Immortal
Those decisions were worse than the ones that went Storm's way in the 1999 semis... maybe the NRL is trying to make sure Manly gets there for Grand Final Day, just like the Storm were gifted their finals run in 1999?

Disgraceful. Commission needs to set up a post-season review of the entire refereeing set-up, which can then recommend a clean start and return to one ref system from next season, at the same time sacking Harrigan and whoever is involved in this with him (Raper?, McGuirk?, whoever), along with sacking half of the current refs and video refs. And when they set a new system up again, this time they can get the bloody thing right!

CrazyTiger

Juniors
the problem is you can't be certain that the ball hasn't already crossed the line before he 'promotes' it. clear case for BOTD, where benefit has to go to the attacking team.

If the ball has crossed the line before he promotes it, it was a try (I thought he scored
first go). If he has pulled up short, he is still entitled to a second go whilst he has
momentum. Or is this wrong? Isn't it a try either way, no benefit of the doubt at all?

bennoonthehill

Juniors
give me one good reason why its its in anyone's interest to ensure manly are there on grand final day!!

there are a lot of normally reasonable posters making fools of themselves tonight. bad decisions happen, week in and week out. no team clearly benefit from them more than any other, its just pure incompetence.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
give me one good reason why its its in anyone's interest to ensure manly are there on grand final day!!

there are a lot of normally reasonable posters making fools of themselves tonight. bad decisions happen, week in and week out. no team clearly benefit from them more than any other, its just pure incompetence.

.....Uhhh, they're a NSW side?

*Paul*

Juniors
Yep the butthurt is strong, first the whinging about the crowd and now 8 pages of complaining about the refs when this has been happening all year.

Go the Eagles!!!!

Heh, the more impotent crying, the sweeter the win.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Robbed of the chance perhaps, but not the game. Manly has been on the arse end of a few of these calls this year.

I was pissed about the strip and the Thurston massive forward pass that lead to a try. Not a passing word on that pass was uttered. There were a number of forward passes the Cows got away with tonight IMO.

The momentum try is BOTD, no doubt. At no stage did he stop, and at no stage did we see the body out. That's why the BOTD was brought in. I can't argue though that no matter what they decided on it, over the season it has been called both ways inconsistently.

The last try, I think he touched it. I was pretty sure he did. If the Video ref wasn't sure, he should have gone back to 'refs call' as he was unable to make a clear decision. If I was pushing the button it would have been No Try. Scrum, Knock on.

I can understand Cows fans are gutted.

fourplay

Juniors
It wasn't conclusive that Foran touched the ball. It looked like he did on one of the replays but there was doubt whether there was a gap between his hand and the ball.. the other camera angles were inconclusive so the video ref had no choice but to apply benefit of the doubt. Did he touch it? probably. Was there enough video to prove he did? no.. so benefit of the doubt has to be applied.

Latest posts