What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys robbed clear as day

KiamaSaint

Coach
They just need something to cling too. They dont understand that the outrage is against the refs, and the video refs - and not them.

Last nights controversy in ALL over the news and the net. Which is a good thing, maybe something will get done.

Exactly.

innsaneink

Referee
Its got me stuffed how any fan can enjoy their team winning NOT on their merits, but on assistance from officials
They might grow up one day

How about the simple facts before and after..Thurston pushed in the back and lyons passes off the ground!....watch the wingers feet cause when the ball is over the line hes out...both no tries

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
253564_10151231162961477_1101272744_n.jpg

Garts

Bench
How about the simple facts before and after..Thurston pushed in the back and lyons passes off the ground!....watch the wingers feet cause when the ball is over the line hes out...both no tries

His feet only go out after the ball is well and truly over the line, that is clearcut. That try is a perfect example of BOTD. Oldfields, well the mind boggles at that one.

natheel

Coach
.....Uhhh, they're a NSW side?

i think its more like this

Reigning premiers

and games like this

Dogs v Souths
Manly v Melbourne

will draw more crowds to the games and more tv ratings than games like this

Melbourne v Cowboys
Dogs v Raiders

and a GF combo of

Manly v Dogs/Souths will draw a better rating than anything else that could possibly be thought up

Refs will have a hard time choosing who wins in the Manly/Melbourne match next week

Anon

Bench
I don't recall Thurston being this upset when SOO 1 was decided in QLD's favour on decisions just as bad as the Taufua and Oldfield tries. :)
progress.gif

BDR

First Grade
You need to have BOTH feet in the in-goal for it to be a 20m tap. Stewart only had one. Should have been a line drop out, but nope keep inventing fiction to square that bad decision ledger.

the Lock8

Juniors
Forward passes and strips happen to every side every week and get missed by the on field refs and we don't like it but we accept it. The better team on the night appeared to be Manly, but we were robbed of the opportunity to confirm that at the end of the game by those two monumental clangers by the video refs. Both of those decisions were game changers and completely ruined the match. The result should have been decided by the players, and it wasn't.

Nightward

Juniors
not saying theyre biased saying theyre incompetant.jpg

Just loved the look on Thurston's face there. Like "Wait, he said what? Oh, he did say that. Uhh... back up the coach, even though I know it's a bad idea..."

EDIT: I agree with what they're saying, but it seemed like the exact moment he realised that saying it would lead to trouble.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Jesus christ, i've just watch the highlights of the game last night. There are two options here that i see. 1, the video ref or refs have cheated. 2, the video ref or refs are absolutely incompetent. Either way they should not be allowed to have any further part in the finals series.

gronkathon

First Grade
Taking the emotion of last night out of it there are massive questions that need to be asked about the two people in charge of the reffs program.

I think you can look back at who they have promoted through the ranks, the standard of on field officiating, the utter lack of respect for the captains, the men in the video box making wrong decision after wrong decision at the big end of the season and the silence, meek defence or calls to move on to next week from the guys in charge.

It is a disgrace, the standards have slipped every season since they took over.

When you are in a situation where Robert Finch looks like a consumate pro in retrospect you have a massive issue

beads6

First Grade
BOTD rule is pathetic. Manly got the rub of the green again. It has been happening a lot lately. Oh well another game decided by the refs incompetence.

Ianc

Juniors
Manly fans holding onto something?!?!?!?!
MANLY FANS HOLDING ONTO SOMETHING?!?!??!?!?
f**kING MANLY FANS HOLDING ONTO f**kING SOMETHING?!?!??!?!
Have you read the 400 threads of all you merkins holding on to anything you can.
Better team won.

Sorry it appears that I have made the mistake of thinking that you would have some sort of standard. If you are happy to win like that, then carry on!

Latest posts