What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Craig Young and personal reference for Finch

TruSaint

Referee
The Board of the St George Illawarra Dragons advise that Chairman Craig Young has decided to step down from his position on the club board.
"I have this afternoon advised my colleagues of the Board of the St George Illawarra Dragons of my decision to stand down as a director of the club immediately," Young said.

"I believe it is in the best interests of the club – the interests I have always proudly sought to work for and positively represent.
"I believe this is the appropriate action, given my individual decision to provide a personal reference on official letterhead, for which I have already apologised.
"I regret my error in judgement to provide the reference on letterhead, at the request of legal representatives.
"I do not regret my decision to provide a character reference for a long-time family friend as to his character and behaviour, prior to a damaging addiction."
WIN CEO Andrew Lancaster will step into the role of Chairman, a position he was scheduled to take up in November as part of the joint venture agreement.

SEAT 1A

Bench
"I regret my error in judgement to provide the reference on letterhead, at the request of legal representatives.
"I do not regret my decision to provide a character reference for a long-time family friend as to his character and behaviour, prior to a damaging addiction."

It reads that Albert doesn't regret the actions he took that lead to being sacked.

For me, that's very odd for a chairman.

More than a few self-serving and exculpatory remarks on his way out.

3 or 4.

I think he feels quite betrayed and he’s hitting back.

I thought he would be pressured to step down as soon as the club issued the press release distancing itself from his conduct.

But very savage treatment from the anti-Albert forces.

Last edited:

RedVee_8

Juniors
Now I’m wondering if Mr Trip a deal will get a guernsey. He is a businessman and sold the company to Qantas so he may have the time to do it.

That’s just me reaching a bit.
Anyway it will be interesting.

SEAT 1A

Bench

3 or 4.

I thought he would be pressured to step down as soon as the club issued the press release distancing itself from his conduct.

Let's face it, Albert isn't going to be on anyone's short list in the future. So why not have a go however, I would have left it out.

I reckon most x coppers wouldn't have done it in the first place.
Quite true, certainly not the ones I know.

They’d give this one a big miss…on the police cultural grounds. Against their beliefs.

I checked it out. Bobs son can’t get the intensive corrections order, he either goes to gaol or community service. All or nothing.

Last edited:
Let's face it, Albert isn't going to be on anyone's short list in the future. So why not have a go however, I would have left it out.
Every single sentence in that quote from him is playing the victim or involved another self righteous mutterence.

Albert is going out with a big f-you to all.

The rest of the board will get the message and perhaps he becomes an uncomfortable bedfellow for club critics.

Last edited:

possm

Coach

3 or 4.

I sure hope that Doust follows Craig Young's lead and that the former Chairperson advises his son not to seek the head coach job.

This may open the way for Hasler to be appointed head coach.

Latest posts