What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Souths home crowd average for 2011: 17332. http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/souths.html

For a club that's been around for 100 years and in vastly populated Sydney that isn't just embarrassing its disgraceful. How about looking after your own backyard before you spout your mouth off.
Are you trying to be stupid? 17.3k is 4k higher than yours. It's our 2nd biggest in the last 40 years (2nd only to last year). It's higher than everyone of your years except for 1. Would I like our crowds to be higher? Of course, and when on field success comes they will be well over 20k. But even now, at our absolute floor, we're miles ahead of you.

Keeping in mind unlike you we've missed the finals every year but 1 for the last 20 years, including the last 3, and we're currently not in the top 8. Considering our on field context, our crowds are bloody awesome.

And you have the luxury of a 1 team town, we're in a crowded marketplace.

And in the end it's all about relativism, compared to most teams your crowds are shit.

I think it's dissapointing for Canberra, or any team, or the NRL in general to be satisfied with 13k crowds. 13k crowds are not good.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Are you trying to be stupid? 17.3k is 4k higher than yours. It's our 2nd biggest in the last 40 years (2nd only to last year). It's higher than everyone of your years except for 1. Would I like our crowds to be higher? Of course, and when on field success comes they will be well over 20k. But even now, at our absolute floor, we're miles ahead of you..
You've been around for 4 times as long dingleberry. And its 4000 above, not 40000, you're making out like you're streeting us. Get your own shop in order before having a go at other crowd numbers.

Keeping in mind unlike you we've missed the finals every year but 1 for the last 20 years, including the last 3, and we're currently not in the top 8. Considering our on field context, our crowds are bloody awesome..
Everyone is well aware of souths ineptitude.

And in the end it's all about relativism, compared to most teams your crowds are shit.
I think it's dissapointing for Canberra, or any team, or the NRL in general to be satisfied with 13k crowds. 13k crowds are not good.
Souths, Brisbane, Canterbury, Goldcoast, Warriors, Parramatta, STGI, Wests, Roosters, souths - yes.
Cronulla, Melbourne, Nth Queensland, Manly, Penrith, no.
Factor in our position on the table and 13000 is not embarrassing. And who said that anyone is satisfied with 13K crowds?

bobmar28

Bench
Are you trying to be stupid? 17.3k is 4k higher than yours. It's our 2nd biggest in the last 40 years (2nd only to last year). It's higher than everyone of your years except for 1. Would I like our crowds to be higher? Of course, and when on field success comes they will be well over 20k. But even now, at our absolute floor, we're miles ahead of you.

Keeping in mind unlike you we've missed the finals every year but 1 for the last 20 years, including the last 3, and we're currently not in the top 8. Considering our on field context, our crowds are bloody awesome.

Not bad in a city of 345k. In a city like Sydney - 4.6 million, 13k is worse than crap.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Not bad in a city of 345k. In a city like Sydney - 4.6 million, 13k is worse than crap.
That's a poor excuse, Newcastle is roughly that and 13k is considered poor there. Townsville isn't even that big and the Cowboys do better than that most weeks.

And if a population base can only support 13k average crowds, then we shouldn't have a team in that population base.

Goddo

Bench
That's a poor excuse, Newcastle is roughly that and 13k is considered poor there. Townsville isn't even that big and the Cowboys do better than that most weeks.

And if a population base can only support 13k average crowds, then we shouldn't have a team in that population base.

Yet if we listen to you on expansion, its Central Coast come on down!

Goddo

Bench
Averages thus far:

31,923 - Brisbane - 5
--<30,000--------------------------
26,784 - Canberbury - 4
21,166 - St George - 3
20,758 - Sydney - 5
--<20,000--------------------------
18,697 - New Zealand - 4
18,218 - Parramatta - 5
17,356 - Wests - 4
17,332 - South Sydney - 5
17,330 - Gold Coast - 6
17,313 - Newcastle - 3
--<15,000--------------------------
13,413 - Canberra - 5
13,174 - Melbourne - 7
12,752 - Cronulla - 5
12,675 - North Queensland - 6
10,882 - Penrith - 5
10,634 - Manly - 4

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Yet if we listen to you on expansion, its Central Coast come on down!
The Bears crowd will be much more like Newcastle than like Canberra.
Averages thus far:

31,923 - Brisbane - 5
--<30,000--------------------------
26,784 - Canberbury - 4
21,166 - St George - 3
20,758 - Sydney - 5
--<20,000--------------------------
18,697 - New Zealand - 4
18,218 - Parramatta - 5
17,356 - Wests - 4
17,332 - South Sydney - 5
17,330 - Gold Coast - 6
17,313 - Newcastle - 3
--<15,000--------------------------
13,413 - Canberra - 5
13,174 - Melbourne - 7
12,752 - Cronulla - 5
12,675 - North Queensland - 6
10,882 - Penrith - 5
10,634 - Manly - 4
Huge gulf between the bottom 6 and the rest.

Of the dissapointments, Cronulla, Penrith and Canberra are understandable given their position on the ladder. And given what happened in 2010, Melbourne's are forgivable.

The real concerns are NQ and Manly. Those two numbers are awful for a good top 8 team, especially Manly.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Manly's crowds will pick up, they've played 3 out of town teams + penrith, with 2 of their home games being slaughtered by torrential rain (massive crowd killer at brookie).

All their big games still to come -their crowds will improve.

beave

Coach
I don't think our averages have been officially corrected due to that turnstile malfunction, I can't be bothered going back through the numbers and doing it myself accurately, but I think it ours should be up near 14-15k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts