What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIOGENES

Juniors
I have always thought that Penrith's major problem was managerial. I don't know who controls the club at the moment but for much of their history they were owned by the registered club whose management had little interest in football but a lot of interest in maximising their revenue from the pokies.
I lived in the area pre during and post SL, which was a very stormy time for the registered club and strongly supported the move for its management to be taken over by the "footy group".
Penrith obviously needs a team in the NRL but the current version is so tarnished that it will never fill that need.

Moffo

Referee
Everyone was out at the beach or in a park....hard to blame them

#sydneybestcitiintheworld

DIOGENES

Juniors
You are really into Goldilocks weather. It can't be too cold or too hot but has to be just right for Easts fans to go to the football.

DC_fan

Coach
Obviously the Roosters didn't expect a big crowd. They placed some rather large sponsor banners at both ends of the ground.

Evenflow

Bench
Everyone was out at the beach or in a park....hard to blame them

#sydneybestcitiintheworld

So when it's too cold or wet in Sydney that's a fair reason/excuse for people not going to the footy and when it's a nice day in Sydney that's also a fair reason/excuse for people not going to the footy in Sydney? What's the sweet spot temperature wise for people to actually turn up there? :lol:

#sydneythemostficklesportsfansintheworld

That wasn't meant for the Manly crowd because i actually think that was an acceptable number given it was against the Raiders.

adamkungl

Immortal
Obviously the Roosters didn't expect a big crowd. They placed some rather large sponsor banners at both ends of the ground.

They do that unless they expect 20k+ basically. Who the f**k would sit at the ends when GA = almost everywhere at the SFS.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Thats disappointing turnout by our fans today at Allianz. We seem to be the only club who doesn't see the benefits in bigger numbers for sunday footy. Perfect stadium, perfect day no excuses i'm afraid.

Would have thought more Newcastle fans would make the effort to follow their team to sydney though. Hardly difficult to jump on the train at Newy and get off at central straight into the moore park events bus. In the UK you get get a few thousand away fans jumping on the train to go on the piss half way across the country for a few hours. Get organised Newy fans!

DIOGENES

Juniors
There would have been 30K there if it was 18C with a 5kph breeze from the SW and no precipitation. But with weather like today what do you expect?

Didgi

Would've been a packed house at Dairy Farmers on a Saturday night, big concert on today with everyone arriving yesterday.

DIOGENES

Juniors
Two teams in East Sydney with poor crowds and two teams in West Sydney with poor crowds. If this is eventually going to be a national competition rather than a modified Sydney competition amalgamations should be revisited.
I can hear the cries of "we have been here since 1908" and "what about the tradition?" already - but the tradition doesn't extend to more that 10K going to a game on a perfect day.
On another thread there are comments about the low number of juniors and participation in East and South Sydney territories - once again tradition can only go so far.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Reality is the game isn't that big at the moment that one team cities are doing much better. When Auckland, melbourne, brisbane2 and eventually Perth and Wellington are drawing regular 30,000 crowds you may have a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts