What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sharks didn't have any fans at ANZ, not sure what's doing there. They at least had SOME at Gosford last April :?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Sharks didn't have any fans at ANZ, not sure what's doing there. They at least had SOME at Gosford last April :?

Monday night, it is ANZ....and the Sharks were dreadful Round 1 with all their 'Stars' out. The crowd was basically as I expected. Poor timeslot, two teams who played pretty bad round 1...

mattyg

Bench
Tigers coming off a win will surely want to show their support and should bring 10k themselves. Tbh I think it should be getting closer to 30k if not over but reducing my expectations a bit. I think panthers and dogs on sat should definately crack 15k. 4.30pm time slot is very convenient (after kids sports) and panthers are going well plus dogs usually always fill up one of the hills there. Should be a very good crowd I think.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Tigers coming off a win will surely want to show their support and should bring 10k themselves. Tbh I think it should be getting closer to 30k if not over but reducing my expectations a bit. I think panthers and dogs on sat should definately crack 15k. 4.30pm time slot is very convenient (after kids sports) and panthers are going well plus dogs usually always fill up one of the hills there. Should be a very good crowd I think.

Friday night is not that user friendly for a better word, it is a long way to ANZ. I expect it in the high teens, maybe 21k at most. Normally I agree on Saturday, the baseball will make a fair few stay away unfortunately!

guyver78

Juniors
So who actually gets access. Is it only souths reserved seat members or is it any member with a full season ticket reserved or GA?

Souths have a deal with the Tigers, Dragons and Bulldogs this season as these teams either permanently play at ANZ stadium or they take their home game against either the Rabbitohs or Bulldogs to ANZ as the Tigers have done with the Rabbitohs this season.

So in this instance Souths supporters get free access in "Away Supporters' Aisles, so it's only for Souths supporters.

GA members still sit in the GA area and Reserved season ticket holders are usually thrown up to Level 4, sometimes right to the side in the anticipation that somehow from somewhere 40,000 supporters will turn up.:roll:

guyver78

Juniors
Who does the NRL think they are ? They are not promoting the superbowl here.... Just let them sit wherever the hell they want why shove them all to the end bays of an empty tier...

There is gonna be 40000 empty seats on the lower bowl... FMD why is it so hard

This is why I have very little sympathy for them when you see empty bays and Aisles. No offense to the Tigers but 40,000 people are NOT going to turn up to watch Braith Anasta play, it's just not going to happen.

When will the NRL and clubs learn their lesson.

georgesnmith

Juniors
You sure about that??? So ANZ stadium sets up all the categories for clubs who play their home games there?

ANZ pays clubs to pay there so i assume they would control ticketing. they are the ones who collect all ticket revenue up to crowds of 20k

and id much rather sit anywhere in the 400s than say past the try line.

they are doing members a favour giving them those good seats.

georgesnmith

Juniors
Just found out that ANZ Stadium members can buy an nrl season pass for their friends which covers all games bar origins, semis, GF.

the cost is $105 for member seats in section 400s

2 costs $185

Bargain.

RUG13Y

Juniors
Just found out that ANZ Stadium members can buy an nrl season pass for their friends which covers all games bar origins, semis, GF.

the cost is $105 for member seats in section 400s

2 costs $185

Bargain.

I wish I had that opportunity, what a deal.

Franklin

Would it be possible for Penrith to match there 03/04 attendence within the next 2-3 years. The potential is there in my opinion, a combination of a strong Eels, Bulldogs, Panthers, Cowboys, Broncos, Souths and Newcastle would do wonders crowd wise.

In 03, Penrith getting 4 20k crowds is phenomenal considering it's one of the smaller NRL clubs in the competition but has alot of untapped potential.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts