What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Curtis Sironen

Bob Fulton said he would be Australian five eight.

Talk about losing all credibility as a judge of talent.

Lucky to be NSW Cup five eight.

TYGA

Juniors
I will reserve judgement until a decent coach is appointed. I would be offering Griffin a contract immediately. The NRL have to get a move on or we are screwed.

Honestly, I think he has shown glimpses over the past 2-3 weeks. He is starting to beat a couple of tackles and run some better lines. Give him an off-season with Brooks to sure up a combination on that left flank and he'll really look the goods.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I would take him.

But would rather see him mature with Brooks, Moses, Teddy, Simona.........

I look forward to seeing him in blue then green and gold.

Starting to think 13.

I think he has more skill than Dad.

I would take him.

But would rather see him mature with Brooks, Moses, Teddy, Simona.........

I look forward to seeing him in blue then green and gold.

Starting to think 13.

I think he has more skill than Dad.

I think he is a long way off rep footy but I agree. He's basically running block plays for a NSW Cup standard fullback, and a backline outside him with no real pace.

If he has Tedesco running the sweeping line behind his decoys all of a sudden the fringe defenders have something to think about. Replace Lawrence/Paterson with Simona and Richards with Nofoaluma on the left edge and all of a sudden it becomes incredibly potent (and stacked with young talent).

I don't think he's a 13, although he has some good ball skills I think the lock these days is almost like a third prop, I don't think Sirro can play through the middle.

What do we do with him ? when you consider he still has some time to run with his contract.He is too slow to be in the backs and seems lost in the forwards,if the WT were winning his transition into the forwards could be tolerated,but our pack isn't that good ATM that it can cover Sirros flaws while he is learning about forward play.Maybe a new coach can sort him out and turn him into a Glen Stewart type of forward.With his ball skills,size and if Sirro can learn to run it probably is his only hope.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
You blokes are kidding.

The kid will be a great player.

Still growing ffs.

I think the issue Angryman is the surname.

If he was Curtis Jones, he'd have no hatred.

But because he's Sirro's boy, everyone expects a test backrower from the get go.

TiggaPlease

I think the issue isn't his surname, it's that he's learning a new position in 1st grade.

What is the point of having a reserve grade team if you're not going to use it?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think the issue isn't his surname, it's that he's learning a new position in 1st grade.

What is the point of having a reserve grade team if you're not going to use it?

The issue fans have with him is his surname.

The issue with Sironen is that he is an old school lock, who doubles up as a ball player. That role doesn't exist anymore in the forwards. The closest position to it is at centre.

He has the mentality of a ball player in the frame of a back rower.

It's not as simple as just shoving him in the forwards and thinking it'll just work.

He needs to be retrained about how he plays the game, from scratch. He is physically capable of the role of backrower, mentally, he's still a five-eighth.

Fixing that is going to take time, doesn't matter what grade he is in.

I said it heaps of times, he should have played in the centres all year this year, it would have allowed him to still use his ball playing skills, while also learning the basics of back row play, such as defensive positioning, cover defending, running lines, running decoys, timing runs etc. Simple little things that he would have sweet f**k all experience with in his career prior to this season.

Tiger05

First Grade
He was really good today. I think he is a future star. He needs to work on his explosiveness but I think he is one of the players to build our pack around.

TYGA

Juniors
He should dominate thats the issue with Siro he is a machine physically and very young. A big offseason and he should fire with a new coach.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Realistically, this was Sironen's first year playing and training as a back rower. He played one or two games at 5/8 but that was it.

It struggled a bit at the start but he's really starting to look more comfortable. He is running hard and starting to dominate tackles. I still have high hopes.

Latest posts