What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DCE Has asked for a release

DragonBuck

Juniors
Just watching NRL on Fox and Paul Kent has just said that DCE's manager has confirmed that DCE has asked Manly for a release from the final year of his contract.
We should definately make a play for him.

smi962

First Grade
Just watching NRL on Fox and Paul Kent has just said that DCE's manager has confirmed that DCE has asked Manly for a release from the final year of his contract.
We should definately make a play for him.

They also mentioned the strong rumors about Brett stewart already signing and Gasnier smiled like he had inside knowledge lol. I am reading into all sorts of indicators now.

I wish it was about DCE instead.

Bring back choc

Juniors
They also mentioned the strong rumors about Brett stewart already signing and Gasnier smiled like he had inside knowledge lol. I am reading into all sorts of indicators now.

I wish it was about DCE instead.

Guys as good as DCE is, I think he'll be heading to brisbane or the dogs.
We sign a fullback and then we have Kyle, soward, hornby for the halves.

Callahan

Juniors
Hi to all this is my first post but a long time follower of this forum and I have supported the dragons since 75 and since that time I can't think of any other player that I would love my beloved dragons to sign than DCE on long term contract ANY PRICE!!!

Godz Illa

Coach
Hi to all this is my first post but a long time follower of this forum and I have supported the dragons since 75 and since that time I can't think of any other player that I would love my beloved dragons to sign than DCE on long term contract ANY PRICE!!!
Wow. Not much hyperbole. Since 75? There have been 3 immortals anointed since then, plus a handful other all-time greats.

Mr Red

First Grade
dogs would be favourite for his signature.... lets see Price and Dousty woo him to the red V...
the first test of if other players can see a premiership chance with a team coached by an untried coach..

Stagger Lee

Bench
I would love to see him at the dragons and we have room in the salary cap for sure but .... Doust does not have the inclination to spend large on anything

hardbaby

Coach
It sounds like he is happy at the club, he just isn't happy with the money. I'd be surprised if Manly let him go. Surely the two players they would want to keep at all costs would be DCE and Foran.

TheRev

Coach
Hes being paid 100,000 and Manly cant afford a significant upgrade, and it makes sense, nobody should be able to afford 2 superstar halves.. but DCE id much rather over Foran, a genuinely cheeky halfback, creates opportunity, hes one of those players you build a club around.. but a lot of clubs will be courting him, if they have the money that is... he will be 500k+ probably.

Minh

First Grade
500K would be money well spent to get a player the calibre of DCE when you consider Sandow went for 450K.

RedVee

First Grade
There is a difference between asking for a release and having one granted.... I think.

hardbaby

Coach
$500K for a second year player? Man it's a lot of coin to spend eh? He's probably worth it but you feel sorry for all those big boppers out there. As a wise man once said...the forwards win the game; the backs just decide by how much.

Minh

First Grade
$500K for a second year player? Man it's a lot of coin to spend eh? He's probably worth it but you feel sorry for all those big boppers out there. As a wise man once said...the forwards win the game; the backs just decide by how much.

This kid can really play, it's a big call 500K but he can really play.:)

TheRev

Coach
I reckon Manly might find a way to offer him a pay increase of some type (maybe by dumping someone else), but seriously 100k to 600k, thats half a million bucks a year.. you cant turn that down.

Dont know if he has some affiliation with Hasler though.

Latest posts