What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dean Collis

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The kid had a great game last night. Defended superbly, was great in attack. Didn't put a foot wrong.

Another promising junior. I was very impressed with the way he handled Tonga.

tiger_nick

Bench
Future superstar, will over take Gasnier as the number 1 three quarter in the game with in 3 years IMO. I know for a FACT Brian Smith chased him very, very hard when he was off contrat last year.

Balmain_Boy

Another one off the production line that includes Gibbs, Fulton, Harrison, Farah, Marshall and Halatau. It's a shame there is no way we will be able to keep them all.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Balmain_Boy said:
Another one off the production line that includes Gibbs, Fulton, Harrison, Farah, Marshall and Halatau. It's a shame there is no way we will be able to keep them all.
I wouldnt put Marshall on that list. Not only is he a Kiwi but he developed his skills playing for a schoolboy side on the GC, didnt he?

Not trying to be argumentative. Just curious as to when he became contracted to the Tigers.

ghoti

Bench
I don't think you can really claim Marshall as a member of the production line. The others are a different story and are a credit to both Balmain and Western Suburbs.

However, the junior Magpies are run by a group of inept individuals who have been responsible for countless losses at the junior level. Improvements at the ground level will see prosperity for the merger in the long run.

Balmain_Boy

ghoti said:
I don't think you can really claim Marshall as a member of the production line. The others are a different story and are a credit to both Balmain and Western Suburbs.

However, the junior Magpies are run by a group of inept individuals who have been responsible for countless losses at the junior level. Improvements at the ground level will see prosperity for the merger in the long run.

He is part of the production line though; we are affiliated with Keebra, so we'll keep getting young talent like Marshall. The next batch from Keebra Park in Chase, Moa, Retzklaff and Te'o are already with the club.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Collis has looked very sharp in the first two games. I like the look of crockett too. I hope that if they continue their form they'll keep their place in the team

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Pierced Soul said:
Collis has looked very sharp in the first two games. I like the look of crockett too. I hope that if they continue their form they'll keep their place in the team

Collis has real class stamped all over him. Crockett looks good too. There is no way Daniel Fitzhenry will last the season in the Tigers backline.. He can only be carried for so long.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Collis has had some very high expectations made of him by many who have seen him run around for the Magpies over the years

He is another who will be a rep player in years to come and another who doesn't want to leave the place either which is great for the Wests Tigers

On Marshall, he played 1yr at KP but in that same year played for the CUBS development squad, before that he hadn't played a Tackle Rugby League game in his life - thats right this is only his 4th season of Tackle Rugby League in any grade and as far as I'm concerened because of that he has been taught nearly everything by the Wests Tigers and as such I think we can claim him as our own to some degree. He might not be a junior but we have developed alot of his skills, knowledge and ability to play the tackle form of the game as well as he has been doing over the last few years

Balmain_Boy

Plus Keebra Park is part of our 'junior' system. That's why I regard him as on the production line, even if we didn't strictly produce him.

Magpie Nick

Juniors
playdaball said:
Just to confirm .... is he a Kiwi?

I think I remember reading that he can play for the Kiwi's if he wants to. I believe there was an article about the number of players in the '04 Australian Schoolboys team that could play for NZ. I doubt he will though, he has enough talent to play for Australia.

>zuzu<

Juniors
Yeah i was impressed with him. I thought Tonga and Utai were going to have a field day down taht side but i think they got the better of us. They played relaly well

playdaball

Bench
Magpie Nick said:
I think I remember reading that he can play for the Kiwi's if he wants to. I believe there was an article about the number of players in the '04 Australian Schoolboys team that could play for NZ. I doubt he will though, he has enough talent to play for Australia.

What does that mean?

Are you saying that for players who qualify for both Countries, the onlty reason they choose the Kiws is because they are not good enough to play for the 'Roos?

Think Marshall, Puletua, Cayless Bros etc.

Latest posts