What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do Souths fans feel the same way JT does?

Sood

Juniors
The 'pride of the league' quote that you guys throw around is a joke. tbh whenever i hear it i cringe.
Seriously im embarrassed for you guys... everyone is laughing at you.

Brycey

Juniors
FMD 30 years, 30 premierships gone by. You guys are 1 / 30 and we are 0 / 30. Wow we've been owned. It has to have been by far the most succesful period in your clubs history! Lets face it, the Roosters are a second rate club and always have been. There is not one important stat from the last 100 years that you guys own and the jealousy shines like a beacon. No matter what period of Rugby League history we are talking, you have never been a dominant team and it burns you poor c0ck lovers big time. Come and see me when you guys have at least one dynasty!
1935-1945 (Premierships 1935, 1936, 1937, 1940, 1945), Runners up (1934, 1938, 1941).

First team to win 3 consecutive premierships.

Player of the year named after our player.

Most consecutive wins; 19

Biggest Grand Final win; 38-0 v Saints

Most games won

Most internationals produced

Highest try scorer in season

Just a few off the top of my head

1935-1945 (Premierships 1935, 1936, 1937, 1940, 1945), Runners up (1934, 1938, 1941).

First team to win 3 consecutive premierships.

Player of the year named after our player.

Most consecutive wins; 19

Biggest Grand Final win; 38-0 v Saints

Most games won

Most internationals produced

Highest try scorer in season

Just a few off the top of my head

and the most important one ... the ONLY team to play in EVER season of rugby league

Sood

Juniors
Souths fans have to go back to what? at least 30 years ago? to have something to boast about. lol

Shorty

Staff member
FMD 30 years, 30 premierships gone by. You guys are 1 / 30 and we are 0 / 30. Wow we've been owned. It has to have been by far the most succesful period in your clubs history! Lets face it, the Roosters are a second rate club and always have been. There is not one important stat from the last 100 years that you guys own and the jealousy shines like a beacon. No matter what period of Rugby League history we are talking, you have never been a dominant team and it burns you poor c0ck lovers big time. Come and see me when you guys have at least one dynasty!
What makes you so arrogant?
Souths scraped into the 8 barely last year and you think you have the audacity to think you're better then everyone else.

You were better than everybody else.
You aren't anymore and it remains to be seen if you ever will be again.

ngap

Juniors
I was worried when on the ABC yesterday that the team hadn't gone into the match thinking they would win, rather they were going in to improve on the weak before.

Sorry, for a first grade team, surely the first goal should be to win each match.

rabbs

Juniors
Brycey,you had better check your history again mate.Souths premiers,1925,26,27,28,29.How does that make Easts the first to win 3 in a row.

Chook Norris

First Grade

making 4 grand finals in the last 10 years is pretty damn successful.....

being in the finals for 10 consecutive years is what you call 'successful'

Souffs? 1 finals game, which you guys happened to be on the end of a hammering

Pride of the League? :roll:

Tom Ace

Bench

Sounds like someone has finally given up and thrown his toys out of his cot.

The Brain

Juniors
Souffs ,should be sacked by the NRL again
Even Papua New Guinea could win a game...bring them into the comp!.
I'll will leave a little symapathy for our toothlees friends we shall allow them to relocate to PN ,they will come to Oz for games in canoes with PHAC-WIt and Crowesfeet rowing.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
I'm surprised that it took more than one page for the Sydney fans to join in.

For the record, I don't share JT's opinion of the position that we are in. I'm gutted, but I understand what he is saying.

Galeforce

Bench
Yes it does not look great , however souths are only 3 wins away from top spot. Big deal , the season is early. Souths can only get better.whereas some of the teams may have peaked already.

Brycey,you had better check your history again mate.Souths premiers,1925,26,27,28,29.How does that make Easts the first to win 3 in a row.

Easts were the first team to win three premierships (1911, 1912, 1913) in a row.
"Easts were again awarded the premiership and in doing so garnered the prize that had eluded Souths on countback in 1910. Easts became permanent holders of the league's premiership trophy - the "90 guinea RAS shield".

Source: GRand finals of the NSW rugby league by Alan whiticker

Canard

Immortal
Souths prob sign lewis to play n the halves :crazy:

Griffo, a little bit of the subject here, but last Friday when we were outside the pub here in London, Danielle Lloyd drove past in a Bentley convertible.

She is hot dont get me wrong, but needs to lay of the fake tan, she was flouro orange.

Oh yeh, as for JT second year syndrome big time, expectations are higher, pressure is higher, media are more negative and critical after the "fairy tale" season, teams adapting and knowing their gameplan.

The real mark of the second year syndrome coach/player is how they respond and adapt to it. I think Taylor is a smart enough coach to deal with it

Penance

Juniors
2009 will represent the first time we have shed ALL the rubbish our roster has. Losing all that experience from 2007, and to have the injuries we currently have in 2008 arent helping. We signed a good player, Luke Lewis, who i might add played outstanding tonight for the Panthers. So that means we have around 800k+ to spend. We buy a TOP LINE halfback for 350-400k, then buy some backs and we are set.

Hanscholo

Bench
Taking a side that was allready noted for not scoring points and removing the key attacking players and you get what souths have at the moment. They cant even fall back on kicks like other poor attacking teams do because the kicking is no better.

Its going to be a long year.

SoftSydney

Juniors
All this time and you still haven't learnt a thing about South Sydney supporters! We don't have a second team because all others are beneath us.

We are South Sydney, The pride of the League

Look a compliment or being renowned for something is when your peers make the claim but when you make the claim your self its called delusional, you just dont realise how stupid Soft Sydney and its fans come across when they say that LOL