What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

• I want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • I don't want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 113 32.4%
  • I couldn't care less if he returns or not.

Votes: 176 50.4%

• Total voters

wibble

Bench
Personally I would like to see him come out against adulterers, fornicators, and anyone who eats shellfish.

..and those horrible people who wear multiple fabrics, or purple. And unruly children (should be ripped apart by bears!). And people who work on sundays.

Rude 15 year olds who wear multiple purple fabrics to their Sunday jobs should definitely go through several layers of hell.

f**k I'm in some strife

I always took you for a shellfish.

mxlegend99

Referee
I would care if Folau returned... hes going to be a waste of cap space for some stupid team and I hope its not mine.

Bellamy might grt him playing well. I doubt he does under any other coach. He would be like Will Hopoate after returning from his mormon mission.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
It’s a good thing that most people see hell as a silly abstract. It means religion is losing its power.

Gay people don’t have to ignore it, but I’d also warn against martyring Folau by seeking some type of punishment.

How else does the message get out to not be such a dumb f**k and put a comment like that in the public domain? I'd love to see a sponsor come out and completely shred it, someone like Qantas to say nah f**k that, we don't back that sort of behaviour.

Then we get imbeciles like Curtis Rona piling in behind with #istandwithisrael. Honestly, if a brain dropped into these guys' heads it'd be lonely.

How else does the message get out to not be such a dumb f**k and put a comment like that in the public domain? I'd love to see a sponsor come out and completely shred it, someone like Qantas to say nah f**k that, we don't back that sort of behaviour.

Then we get imbeciles like Curtis Rona piling in behind with #istandwithisrael. Honestly, if a brain dropped into these guys' heads it'd be lonely.

The same Qantas that is business partners with Emirates airlines? Homosexuals are jailed in Dubai, in fact it’s punishable by death.

Having corporations as our moral arbiters wont end well.

typicalfan

Coach

Let’s uproar at someone brave enough to speak what is true to them even if it might be controversial or disagree with our own moral code and have mindless puppets instead. Because they certainly are great advertisements!!!

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Let’s uproar at someone brave enough to speak what is true to them even if it might be controversial or disagree with our own moral code and have mindless puppets instead. Because they certainly are great advertisements!!!

'Controversial'. It's hate speech under the guise of 'what my imaginary friend Heysus said'.

But I'd hate to preclude anyone from spouting outlandish shit with the fail-proof excuse of 'God told me it's true'. As I said earlier, if a non-religious player said the same thing they'd throw the book at him. $20k fine for mindlessly using the term twig for someone else but a 'oooh would you mind if you didn't? No? OK then'. for Israel.

Anyway, free speech and all that. So a neo-Nazi is free to comment on the ethnic make-up of rugby and league, it's good to know where we stand. Or is that not OK because they don't specifically have made-up deities? And seeing Hitler is a real person not someone a book tells us exists, that doesn't count?

Anyway, free speech and all that. So a neo-Nazi is free to comment on the ethnic make-up of rugby and league, it's good to know where we stand. Or is that not OK because they don't specifically have made-up deities? And seeing Hitler is a real person not someone a book tells us exists, that doesn't count?

Yes, a neo nazi should be free to comment on what he/she likes.

I would rather know who the neo nazis are than drive them underground, that way we can ridicule the hell out of them.

adamkungl

Immortal
Sorry, I don't buy into that. So gay people should just brush it off if they don't believe in hell? Completely ignore that it's yet another message in society that constructs them with less rights and standing?

If you don't give it credence it still fights against the right for gay people to be treated as the same as anyone else.

Haha how is a fictional afterlife a right?
And in this case, they are treated the same as everyone else, since all of us non-Hillsong cult devotees are going to hell too

Knightmare

Coach
'Controversial'. It's hate speech under the guise of 'what my imaginary friend Heysus said'.

But I'd hate to preclude anyone from spouting outlandish shit with the fail-proof excuse of 'God told me it's true'. As I said earlier, if a non-religious player said the same thing they'd throw the book at him. $20k fine for mindlessly using the term twig for someone else but a 'oooh would you mind if you didn't? No? OK then'. for Israel.

Care to show us where Jesus was quoted as saying what Izzy did?

*Edit* And I agree with herbert- screaming 'Hate speech' and demanding people have their opinions censured isn't how a "progressive" society should operate. Healthy discussion of competing ideas is the only way forward...

adamkungl

Immortal
' As I said earlier, if a non-religious player said the same thing they'd throw the book at him.

Religion is legitimised in countless ways by our government, schools, everywhere in society.
How can you fine someone for spouting views that our politicians believe, our government funds through religious schools and charities, etc

TheFrog

Coach
The same Qantas that is business partners with Emirates airlines? Homosexuals are jailed in Dubai, in fact it’s punishable by death.
Not only that, this is the airline that grounded all its services over an enterprise bargaining agreement, stranding tens of thousands of travellers worldwide.

Care to show us where Jesus was quoted as saying what Izzy did?

It's all from the old testament. Jesus was completely silent on the issue.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
..and those horrible people who wear multiple fabrics, or purple. And unruly children (should be ripped apart by bears!). And people who work on sundays.

Rude 15 year olds who wear multiple purple fabrics to their Sunday jobs should definitely go through several layers of hell.

I always took you for a shellfish.

Nicely played

ATOWN2

Juniors
Who gets offended by a person who believes in fairytales

It's like some kid telling you Santa's not coming because you've been naughty

It doesn't help teenagers/young adults struggling with their sexuality for people with national platforms to come out and condemn homosexuality as a sin. For all the progress we've made with inclusiveness over the years there's still a lot of players that obviously feel uncomfortable being open with their sexuality. Ian Roberts in the only professional league/union/AFL player that has come out as being gay and that was 20 years ago!!! If you were a team mate of his and you happened to be gay comments like that are just another encouragement for you to keep your double life to yourself.

He's entitled to his opinion and I think he's an idiot for it and people (religious or not) can rightfully be offended by his comments.

Latest posts