What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you support your local team?

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Central Coast..

Had almost zip to do with the NE, if anything it drove me away from Manly.

Growing up in the mid nineties, what kid didn't like the Sea Eagles..

Continued supporting them even when the bandwagon collapsed and would rather support Gay-FL than any other side.

Jono Russell

Bench
i was born in bankstown, lived in QLD for 10 years of my life, moved back to sydney, i was about 11 when i really noticed my first game of footy, and i noticed a man by the name of ET, after that day i was a sharks supporter and have been ever since.

Scorpio30

Bench
In NZ I believe we started getting the Winfield cup on Telly in 1988?
I just loved watching it and sorta followed Norths and Manly but I have 1990 Newcastle and 1991 Wests tops :?...... Anyway obviously when the Warriors came along I got behind them. I dont know what Id do if The Southern Orcas started up (I live 50km north of Wellington). That doesnt matter though as Im moving to Oz in March via Townsville. I guess Ill follow the Cowboys and the Warriors. Assuming thats where I stay!

mightybears

Bench
roosterbooster1 said:
always lived on the lower north shore
used to support the bears, then when they moved, started supporting the roosters

come back!
have an nrl and pl team

Nugby

Juniors
Both my parents go for the Dragons and my mum's dad was a Kogarah boy. My mum's always been pretty rabid about it. I was in town so I went to the Dragons Penrith semi last year with her and some guy gave it to her about wearing a dragons jersey at a petrol station on the way home and she was ready to fight the guy. At some point as a kid, Wendell Sailor was my favourite player and my parents have never let me forget it.

choc_soldier

Coach
eelandia said:
I don't understand how people can switch teams. How can you change 'passion'..?? Are you also onto your 5th marriage..??

I don't know - I guess I was a fickle kid. :lol:

raider_ktj

Juniors
I was born in Canberra and into a Raiders/Roosters household. Dad always went for the Raiders but had a soft spot for the Roosters, but you will never see me cheerin the Roosters on.
I will be a Raiders girl forever. Although... I do have a spot for the Storm. But you can never pass off the Canberra boys!!!

attamarrap

Juniors
I've always lived on the coast there was no team here then I've gone for parra ever since i was about 4 yrs old (so my dad tells me) I have never switched teams

drake

First Grade
I do now.

I was born RNS, grew up in Daceyville (right next to Kingsford). Old man was a very mild Balmain supporter, most of the family were Bears supprters. Have lived in so many suburbs I lost count, but followed the Dragons since I was six. Why?

The Dragon looked like a Dinosaur. And that was good enough for a kid that was obsessed with dinosaurs.

And boy did I cop it for following Saints when I lived 5 minutes walk from Souths Juniors. The old argument of most premierships vs most in a row. I could say I have a soft spot for the Bunnies, but I just flushed it.

DonMak

Juniors
Grew up late 80's and early 90's bout 5minutes from Campbelltown stadium so had always gone for Magpies. Now living 25mins away from C'town but its still my closest ground (well almost equal to WIN Stadium). Still following the West Tigers

I grew up in Camden (past Campbelltown), but i have always gone for the Knights,
I loved that Heney Penny jumper they had.
But in saying that I will always have a soft spot for the Magpies,
Because of where I come from.
In what ever form they are in, Wests Tigers or plan old Maggies.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Born and Bred at Maroubra.

Supported the Sharks all my life mainly due to the fact ET was who i idolised.

DonMak

Juniors
Most my friends in my area support other teams (though most of us have moved from other ares), but all have a soft spot for the tigers. They will happily attend games with me even when there team isnt playing.

Esoj

Juniors
born in auckland and been here my whole life so naturally go for the warriors but before they were in the comp I went for the broncos manily because they had players like langer walters that played for queensland in state of origin. the tigers are starting to get a fair few kiwi players in their team so they would proabbly be my second team i go for.