What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do You Want Tim Back At Parramatta

Do you want Tim at Parra again

• Yes

Votes: 68 58.1%
  • No

Votes: 49 41.9%

• Total voters

Bazal

Post Whore
LOL.

Why quote me?
Why don't you just reply to Lingard, without resorting to a name calling generalisation to those that don't agree with you? :?

Suity

LOL

And why point out that I "hadn't answered the question" if you didn't want me to respond? :lol:

Bazal

Post Whore
Probably the same as those who you have labelled redneck :lol:

Awwww...are you upset because you feel that I was encompassing you with that general assessment of the level of backwardness on here, or because I originally brought it out in response to is the bloke whose name is on your cute little pom poms there?

fish eel

Immortal
ummm, whose upset?

I'm laughing. You're mocking someone for name calling after you've been name calling all through this.

But hey, if it makes you feel better, yeah, I'm upset Baz.

Bazal

Post Whore
ummm, whose upset?

I'm laughing. You're mocking someone for name calling after you've been name calling all through this.

But hey, if it makes you feel better, yeah, I'm upset Baz.

I'm not mocking the name calling at all. He can call me whatever makes him sleep better at night. I'm simply mocking the idea that I'd give a sh*t what people call me after the stuff I've been calling others. And the fact is the attitude on here towards bi-polar and similar conditions is almost at the level of burning sufferers at the stake (sh*t, poor Timmy nearly has been by some of the spastics hanging around). To borrow your own phrase, it puts a horrible taste in my mouth. If I want to call the people harbouring those views backward or rednecks or whatever, I will...I'll express that however I wish, and thanks for your feedback :roll:

fish eel

Immortal
I'm not mocking the name calling at all. He can call me whatever makes him sleep better at night. I'm simply mocking the idea that I'd give a sh*t what people call me after the stuff I've been calling others. And the fact is the attitude on here towards bi-polar and similar conditions is almost at the level of burning sufferers at the stake (sh*t, poor Timmy nearly has been by some of the spastics hanging around). To borrow your own phrase, it puts a horrible taste in my mouth. If I want to call the people harbouring those views backward or rednecks or whatever, I will...I'll express that however I wish,

and you can do that, I'll just suggest that you probably know full well mental illness is misunderstood throughout the wider community. We're still learning about it and there are barriers to break down. People just dont get it and struggle to understand because they cant see it like they can other illnesses, while some others are cynical because it is often used as a crutch by celebrities to absolve responsibility.

TBH, you'd be better served by trying to engage people rather than calling them rednecks.

Oh, and I think Tim Smith is a dickhead too. I also think Jarryd Hayne is as well. So there ya go.

and thanks for your feedback :roll:

More than welcome.

Happy to be of assistance anytime

Suitman

Post Whore
TBH, you'd be better served by trying to engage people rather than calling them rednecks.

A point I tried to make but which went un-noticed.

I'm sorry, but I have, for a long time quite enjoyed reading Bazals insightful and thoughtful posts. Quite often I agree with him. Sometimes I don't.
Sure, he is opinionated, but there aren't many here who ain't.
Keep it coming Baz.
I don't know whether you're up for an argument, or are just pig headed or stubborn.
Either way, no hard feelings. Just don't understand why you feel the need to abuse others within your arguments, when they may not neccessarily agree with what you think. :?

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
Piss off Suity

:lol:

Sorry mate. I'm serious.

Rednecks???? I mean wtf? This is a discussion, and those sorts of comments come from out of the blue.
I'd like Baz to explain why he thinks people who do not agree with his opinion are Rednecks?? :?
It's quite bizarre tbh.

Suity

lingard

Coach
I'm not mocking the name calling at all. He can call me whatever makes him sleep better at night. I'm simply mocking the idea that I'd give a sh*t what people call me after the stuff I've been calling others. And the fact is the attitude on here towards bi-polar and similar conditions is almost at the level of burning sufferers at the stake (sh*t, poor Timmy nearly has been by some of the spastics hanging around). To borrow your own phrase, it puts a horrible taste in my mouth. If I want to call the people harbouring those views backward or rednecks or whatever, I will...I'll express that however I wish, and thanks for your feedback :roll:

Bazal, you`re way off the mark, mate. I`m not knocking people with bi-polar disorder at all. My mother has bi-polar disorder, and my brother had bi-polar disorder for a number of years before he drowned at Palm Beach. Also, I`ve worked in Mental Health for the past 30 years. So, I don`t have anything but admiration for people who have to navigate life while suffering with bi-polar disorder (or any other mental illness).
The thing is, I get very pissed off at people who masquerade as sufferers of mental illness, so that their piss-poor behaviour and lack of responsibility can be excused. It actually gives real sufferers of mental illness a bad name. I know and have known a lot of people with schizophrenia and bi-polar disorder who are great people and pretty much model citizens.
The point about Tim Smith is that there has never been any proof that he has bi-polar. And that`s okay, because we wouldn`t expect his psychiatrist reports to be published in the paper or anything; but it just irks me that you and swiftsyles can just say that poor Tim Smith has bi-polar without a shread of evidence. That`s all. Not knocking you or anyone else.

lingard

Coach
I don't think it can be "put to bed" on the back of Bazal's yay or nay or your personal knowledge. Truth is I find it very unlikely anyone on the forum know either way what demons Tim Smith was or is dealing with unless they know Tim personally or have access to his medical records.

Indeed you are right, Colonel. I meant 'put it to bed' within the context of this forum - or at least this discussion. And don`t forget, it`s equally possible that he might not have any demons; he might just have the noble diagnosis of Dick-head. He could also be a plain simple alcoholic, which means he`s got a whole lot of stuff to go through, and let`s hope he`s tough enough to do it.

Swiftstylez

Bench
There have been numerous reports that have stated that Tim Smith suffers from Bipolar Disorder. The club itself, various media outlets etc have all seemed to have stated this. As it has been said, the club itself would not have just released him from a contract without a medical certificate that outlines the conditions that he has. This is the same procedure that is in place if you want special consideration at university or in the workplace. They require all the medical information.

Now put yourself in the shoes of Tim Smith. People with mental disorders do not want to go public with this information unless they drastically need to. A few night outs whilst drinking with people that are a bad influence would not necessitate letting the world know that you have a mental condition. If you are that person, you want to keep that information to yourself and maybe a few close personal others. Letting the world know is not something anyone suffering a mental condition would hope to achieve.
It is not something you would be proud about because uneducated "Rednecks" like pointing the finger and saying that this person is just 'Putting it on', 'is weak', 'should just snap out of it', 'is vermon', 'has problems', 'is mental' etc.

The redneck comments are actually justified in this case. Calling someone a "vermen" or assuming that someone playing the sport they love for a big money sum should counteract the effects of bipolar is simply ludicrous. Has anyone considered that he went to the UK straight after to get away from the media scrutinizing his condition and maybe because his bipolar may/may not have caused another rash decision? (Ie. wanting to quit playing the sport you love for big money sums).

No one here is Tim Smith's personal psychologist, but he did get checked into a clinic and that's enough for me. You don't just get booked in there without a referral. Sorry guys, but if Tim Smith and his employer says he has bipolar disorder, chances are he does. You would not wish that stigma to be placed upon yourself. If he wanted to quit without reason he just would have, plain and simple. Andrew Johns didn't go public until he had to for the very same reason. You don't want people knowing this.

The thing is, I get very pissed off at people who masquerade as sufferers of mental illness, so that their piss-poor behaviour and lack of responsibility can be excused. It actually gives real sufferers of mental illness a bad name.

Who are you to say who does or does not anyway? You can't say Tim Smith is one of these people, and since he has been diagnosed with it and is getting treated for it, probably with medications and therapy, I doubt that is something you'd just put on. For someone who has family members with mental illnesses you are fairly inconsiderate.

It's like me saying that your family members are putting on their bipolar disorder. It's not a judgment I am qualified to make, and you are not qualified to make that judgment on Tim Smith either, even if you knew him personally. A psychologist has and that my friend is as good as you are going to get.

What you should focus on is people with pseudo mental conditions that don't ever get evaluated and give themselves an internet diagnosis. Tim Smith didn't do this, he went through the real processes. That is as much of confirmation as you can get that a person suffers from the ailment.

Last edited:

bartman

Immortal
My contribution to this debate is simply that I found it a bit astounding that someone diagnosed with bi-polar (and who used that to gain a fully paid release form the club and professional football and move closer to family for support) would then only a mere twelve weeks later have signed up to an English club and be preparing for a significant cross hemisphere move (away from that very support that was the reason for the release)...

Swiftstylez

Bench
^^^^^^^^^\

My contribution to this debate is simply that I found it a bit astounding that someone diagnosed with bi-polar (and who used that to gain a fully paid release form the club and professional football and move closer to family for support) would then only a mere twelve weeks later have signed up to an English club and be preparing for a significant cross hemisphere move (away from that very support that was the reason for the release)...

Has anyone considered that he went to the UK straight after to get away from the media scrutinizing his condition and maybe because his bipolar may/may not have caused another rash decision?

He is after all his own person, and if he wanted to choose to go overseas, his psychologist/family would have to support him in doing so. Not a wise decision, but he is an adult.

Lingard,

while I can't "prove" Tim is bi-polar or manic depressive as I don
't have the doctor records as such, I have it on very good authority fro. 3 sources inside the club thatTim was diagnosed as such in 2005 - 2006 of season and. Was treated for such with medication and counsoling from that time forward. After his issues late November 2007 the condition was made "public" by Denis Fitzgerald to the football club members at the December 2007 AGM a full 4 months before it hit the papers. Now you don't have to believe me on that on but Stagger Eel and Hellsy are 2 people I know who were at that agm and they would be able to confirm that

Bigfella

Coach
A point I tried to make but which went un-noticed.

I'm sorry, but I have, for a long time quite enjoyed reading Bazals insightful and thoughtful posts. Quite often I agree with him. Sometimes I don't.
Sure, he is opinionated, but there aren't many here who ain't.
Keep it coming Baz.
I don't know whether you're up for an argument, or are just pig headed or stubborn.
Either way, no hard feelings. Just don't understand why you feel the need to abuse others within your arguments, when they may not neccessarily agree with what you think. :?

Suity

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Latest posts