What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons after Hodkinson

Mr Red

First Grade
See this is a fantasy question. People think being a "realist" is about stating these supposedly hard truths. The really hard truth is viewing a situation holistically, in full context, with all the facts. Based on the factors I mentioned, keeping them was the correct choice

dude its a forum, and i was interested in your point of view.. thats all.
i dont need you to go all Dr.Phil on me....
For the record Dr.Phil, the question was never fantasy i actually did ask it, therefore its reality.... the topic of the question however may be fantasy...

Mr Red

First Grade
Hornby got a little self-focussed toward the end from what I can gather was still our best option

Young remained inspirational and the club's best "clubman" 'til the end.
He was seen as the glue that held the team together off the park

its a shame how Young's career worked out... he was one of the more passionate players in the team.. loved the club.
i wish some of our other forwards had half the heart Deano did..

The really hard truth is viewing a situation holistically, in full context, with all the facts.

This philosophy can also be applied to the appointment of Price as coach.
He was the logical choice, in that place at that time, all things considered.

Selective memory and glossing over of facts is a common affliction on these forums.

Mr Red

First Grade
This philosophy can also be applied to the appointment of Price as coach.
He was the logical choice, in that place at that time, all things considered.

Selective memory and glossing over of facts is a common affliction on these forums.

interesting point of view, would you think as part of "considering all things" the previous success with appointing a rookie coach (Brown) should have been considered as well?

interesting point of view, would you think as part of "considering all things" the previous success with appointing a rookie coach (Brown) should have been considered as well?

Brown wasn't appointed after spending 3 seasons as assistant under arguably the best coach in Rugby League history. Brown hadn't been assistant coach of a premiership winning side. And he hadn't coached a Dragons Flegg side to a premiership a few seasons before becoming an NRL coach.

So I don't really see the comparison.

Godz Illa

Coach
There's also the often-mentioned pattern of rookie coaches following experienced coaches and vice versa. And no-one wants to be in Bennett's shadow, to quote another thread.

TALENted

Juniors
Not really accurate at all. Doust is big on junior retention, organic growth ring a bell. We lost a lot between 2008 and 2010, they were Bennett's decisions. It got the result, but we are paying in some areas now.

Other sides don't pay for it cause they have a team that recruit!
Irvine/Flanagan ring a bell Albert ?
No names

We are after Corey Norman ive been told or at least had talks with hes manager.. Sorry no sauces just a mate who plays golf with an ex broncos player.. So take it as a grain a salt cause i did..

BrissyRedV

Bench
We are after Corey Norman ive been told or at least had talks with hes manager.. Sorry no sauces just a mate who plays golf with an ex broncos player.. So take it as a grain a salt cause i did..

I never believe any rumour until he is actually running on to play his first game.;-)
I would not mind him coming to play for us at all. He has a certain x factor about him. Him and DW in the halves next year would not be a bad combo.

Mr Red

First Grade
I never believe any rumour until he is actually running on to play his first game.;-)
I would not mind him coming to play for us at all. He has a certain x factor about him. Him and DW in the halves next year would not be a bad combo.

Norman will be hard pressed to hold his place in first grade at the broncos this season... i think Wallace and Prince will get first shot in the halves..

perhaps that is why he is looking to move because he doesnt want to play park footy..

Godz Illa

Coach
Norman was brilliant in the first half of 2012. He did fade badly but it was his first full season in the starting side, it happens. Looks to be struggling with confidence from what I saw in their NZ trial, but is a classy player and worth targeting

Mr Red

First Grade
Norman was brilliant in the first half of 2012. He did fade badly but it was his first full season in the starting side, it happens. Looks to be struggling with confidence from what I saw in their NZ trial, but is a classy player and worth targeting

yep agree.
young, fast, good on his feet.. and like you said i think down in confidence which is hurting his form..
and its the perfect time to enquire about his services, with Prince and Wallace getting first shot in the halves...

Minh

First Grade
We should swoop on him now. He wouldn't like being demoted like that.

Elias1983

Coach
yep agree.
young, fast, good on his feet.. and like you said i think down in confidence which is hurting his form..
and its the perfect time to enquire about his services, with Prince and Wallace getting first shot in the halves...

Would be a good pairing with Drinwater in years to come....

Norman does have that little bit of flash/x-factor in him that we need.

Drinkwater I feel would be a bit more conservative, thy would compliment each other well.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Drinkwater as the organizing/brains half, and Norman as the running half.... I could live with that. Showed great talent early on in 2012 but as Godz said, died off. To be expected though from a young fulla following in Lokyer's footsteps. Throw the farkin Taj at im! lol

Minh

First Grade
We already have potentially a top 3 5/8 in Soward let's not forget how good this guy can be. If Drinkwater fires problem solved, then we still have Kyle back next year. Problem is if Soward doesn't stay on we must search and search hard for a replacement.

Latest posts