What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Army Yesterday

Southernsaint

Staff member
Having people on the periphery throwing projectiles tarnishes the Dragon Army brand going forward.

I've always found the Dragons army to be a pretty good bunch. Can't imagine them to be condoning behavior like this. It would be a group of randoms who'd tacked on for sure. Every team in the comp has a rogue element of fans. Can't blame the DA for the actions of two or three dickheads.

big pat

Coach
how do you know that?

i've seen plenty of poor behaviour come from that group, i'm sure most are cool, but there are some blokes in there who make the DA look pretty bad

you know jack shit, throwing your 2 cents with no knowledge, i've stood with these guys many times, and they don't carry on like that, maybe get your facts right before posting next time, disgruntled steela.

I posted something similar in another thread about 1 certain dickhead during the Raiders game who thought it was funny to pour his beer on the head of a Raiders supporter and his wife after the Soward field goal, a truly low act!

QUOTE]

I know that bloke (he's also related to one of our players) and i had a go at him for doing that because not only did the beer go all over the Raiders bloke and the chick he was with, but also over a few of us (myself included) who were sitting in the rows behind.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
So in conclusion, this could be best described as one or two ratbags at the footy. Correct?

slammin, you were fortunate not to be at Lang Park for the Saints v Brisbane semi-final in 2009. That night the garbage was literally raining down from the upper terrace onto the supporters below. Drunken Broncos supporters, must have been dozens of them involved. I use the word 'supporters' loosely as I wonder how many went there for the football.

No excuses for throwing anything in a public place and the dills should be ejected by security. But of course some events are more major than others.

In my experience, the Dragon Army are top notch supporters who are there for their team and for the game.

big pat

Coach
still uninformed idiots, make comments about the army, because they are large in numbers, and its a easy cop out.

The Major

Bench
Well said Pat. Lucky it wasnt a flare. Got the burn holes in the back of my first heritage jersey as a souvenier of copping one in the back a few years back.

redvscotty

First Grade
slammin, you were fortunate not to be at Lang Park for the Saints v Brisbane semi-final in 2009. That night the garbage was literally raining down from the upper terrace onto the supporters below. Drunken Broncos supporters, must have been dozens of them involved. I use the word 'supporters' loosely as I wonder how many went there for the football.

Sadly, it's not the only time they've done it. Every game I've been to at Suncorp you get the usual idiots on the next tier up throwing shit down on the away supporters bay.

Broncos fans are feral, however I use the term 'fans' loosely as its usually the merkin in the QLD Reds jersey trying to give you shit if they win.

Titans fans are the exact polar opposite imo though, never had any problems from their fans, most likely due to all the wins there!

lets not forget the classy dogs fans who always used to start fights on the hill and even around the tunnel (after the cage came in).

redvscotty

First Grade
Slammingsam, it may very well of been me who was involved in the altercation on Sunday, if the incident you are talking about happened to the right of the hill. Dragons fans are the lowest * in existence, to be perfectly frank. All bark, no bite and standing on the hill on Sunday only solidified what I already knew. Utter cowards. You'd see more spine in an earthworm than in your average Stain fan.

And no, I'm not trolling. That is just the way it is.

Or you could have the SS fan base and get a solid 3k to all home games for the year.

Last edited by a moderator:

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Slammingsam, it may very well of been me who was involved in the altercation on Sunday, if the incident you are talking about happened to the right of the hill. Dragons fans are the lowest merkins in existence, to be perfectly frank. All bark, no bite and standing on the hill on Sunday only solidified what I already knew. Utter cowards. You'd see more spine in an earthworm than in your average Stain fan.

And no, I'm not trolling. That is just the way it is.

steela

Juniors
you know jack shit, throwing your 2 cents with no knowledge, i've stood with these guys many times, and they don't carry on like that, maybe get your facts right before posting next time, disgruntled steela.

I admit the DA is heaps better now they have come to terms with watching the dragons at WIN, fantastic supporters, great for atmosphere... but I have seen bad apples as recent as the newcastle game where a few projectiles were tossed at one vocal newcastle supporter sporting girly glasses and a beanie... remember that bloke? he was having a go in good spirits.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
lol at 'i'm not trolling'.

No, you're not trolling, you're just talking utter garbage.

What the f**k would you know, Willow? Everything I stated is 100% true. Yet with 60 something thousand posts and you want to tell me what goes on in the real world?

:lol:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
lol. Emoticons at 10 paces now.

Read your own post "I'm not trolling...."

Dragons fans are the lowest merkins in existence, to be perfectly frank. All bark, no bite and standing on the hill on Sunday only solidified what I already knew. Utter cowards. You'd see more spine in an earthworm than in your average Stain fan.
Definitely the words of a dickhead spoiling for a fight.

What is with some 50uff$ supporters? You win the game and still manage to sound like a loser.

100% true? Get a grip, troll.

Rexxy

Coach
If you cant back up your claims, you shouldn't make them here. If you did it on TV or radio you would have the plugged pulled on you.

Hyperbole aside, this is how the media make bad headlines for rugby league.

Unless there is a photo or video, or another collaboration SSTID's claims should simply treated for what they are - trouble making lies designed to bring the game into disrepute.

I guess the reference to concentration camps in your location probably says more about you than anything else.

Latest posts