What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons rumours

Steel Dragon

Bench
If I had to read about it in the Sunday Tele - it must be old news, but...

Apparently the Dragons are interested in Craig Wing.

Now that would be a good signing! F*ck Woolford off, Wing would be good at either hooker or halves.
He is exactly who we need to bolster the positions we need help with.

Come on Dousty! Grab that chequebook and head round to Wingy's!!!

parra pete

Referee
Simon Woolford has SIGNED with the Saints. He will be a terrific polayer for you. Wished he was an Eel. He has passion. He was a passionate Dragon supporter before linking with the Raiders, if that is any help for you coming to terms with his signing

Steel Dragon

Bench
parra pete said:
Simon Woolford has SIGNED with the Saints. He will be a terrific polayer for you. Wished he was an Eel. He has passion. He was a passionate Dragon supporter before linking with the Raiders, if that is any help for you coming to terms with his signing

Awesome! How good is it gonna be with Woolford bolstering the premier league ranks. :roll:

Godz Illa

Coach
Just to clarify, the article linking Wing to Saints was in the Bec & Buzz column, i.e Rebecca Wilson & Phil Rothfield, i.e bullsh*t.

Steel Dragon

Bench
Godz Illa said:
Just to clarify, the article linking Wing to Saints was in the Bec & Buzz column, i.e Rebecca Wilson & Phil Rothfield, i.e bullsh*t.

Thought it was too good to be true - typical Dragons management - waste money on rejects like Woolford and pass on decent talent like Wing.

This Year?

Immortal
Godz Illa said:

LMAO I get plenty of laughs reading that page...

I heard Souths need a tough old second rower.....Gus to come out of retirement???:lol: :lol: :lol:

There's something for this sunday's tele...:D

brokendigit

Juniors
The Preacher said:
I don't know if Woolford has been signed, but if he hasn't, FORGET HIM and go for WING. :)

The Saints want to spend only 'reasonable' money on a player prepared to sign for 1 year - in order to free up significant money to snatch a Premiership hooker & dummy-half.

Wing - a good player, would be demanding (& will get) good money, & a longer-term deal.

I say: Hang onto Gorrell on incentives, use up Woolford for 12mths, then move on Farah & sign him for 3 years.

The Preacher

First Grade
With Woolford's record at the judiciary and the fact that he is now injured and it isn't known if he can keep his body together after so many years, why waste money on him when you don't know if he will be on the paddock from week to week. We've seen what can happen with these sort of players, look at Willie Leyshon and Nathan Long. They spent more time doing schools work than they did playing or training. You don't buy crocks or imbeciles.

Godz Illa

Coach
My cousin is a mate of Darryl Millard, he tells me that the Roosters are leading the race for his signature. Saints have him ranked behind Coops and Naiqama for the centres, so they aren't able to match the Roosters offer. The Bulldogs rumour was floated by Darryl's manager, trying to finagle a few more dollars out of Easts. Negotiations have been going on for a while - the cynical among us might suggest this would explain Gus Gould's lavish praise of Millard in recent commentary...

Dakink

Bench
Shame - I have him ahead of Wes - I love the way he plays center. Would be a mistake losing him IMO.

Corkie292

Juniors
A disturbing rumour regarding George Ndaira. I've heard from a very liable source connected with the Bunnies that he is a very good chance to be wearing Red & Green next year. Starts to make a bit of sense considering the signing of Woolford.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Suitable for this thread:
Lee TeMaari has signed a two year deal with the Bulldogs.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Its just something that's come in by email. Still waiting to get a confirmation.

Funny thing is that I'm sure I heard about Te Maari somewhere else as well... the power of suggestion perhaps.

Kingpin_311

Juniors
Willow said:
Its just something that's come in by email. Still waiting to get a confirmation.

Funny thing is that I'm sure I heard about Te Maari somewhere else as well... the power of suggestion perhaps.

LOL I prefer to call it the POWER of Confirmation...:lol::lol:

The Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs have today signed up Lee Te Maari from the Dragons.

The talented utility player (centre / forward) has played two NRL games for the Dragons and is a product of the WA rugby league system which has also produced Bulldogs Daniel Holdsworth and Jon Green.

Te Maari, 21, has joined the Bulldogs for the 2007 and 2008 seasons.

Commenting on the signing, Bulldogs coach said, "What attracted us to Lee was his versatility and he has been able to get into the first grade side at such a strong club as the Dragons.

"He also expressed a strong desire to play at the Bulldogs and push for inclusion in the first grade side over the next couple of years."

Oh and whilst I agree we have taken a lot of your juniors, you let this guy go... so I guess we can have him can't we...;-)