What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRAGONS team vs knights

dragonv

Juniors
Who in their right mind, let alone a professional coach, replaces Soward with out worst performing back way out of position.

If Stanley runs out onto the field as our five eight I am going to lose it.

dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

nrlnrl

First Grade
Hmmmm, Stanley at 6 is an interesting choice - is that purely because Johns said so? I personally would have thrown Drinkwater into the halves, not going to get much more of a chance to bring him in...

Good to see Green getting a run...

yeah, give Green a few matches there, not just 1 or 2

nrlnrl

First Grade
Maybe somehow it's KYLE Stanley and he's had a miraculous recovery at the Steven Dank Rehab centre?

that's what our team needs - laughter the best medicine ( well one of them )

on a related matter, how happy does the team look ? They look so tense & serious, they need to loosen up & enjoy playing. A lot of the basic mistakes are caused by being too scared of making a mistake.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Rein put in one kick last Friday.

Fien and Soward put in about the same number of kicks. Soward gained about an extra 100 metres over all.

http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiersh...bid/10999/Default.aspx#matchid=3374&tab=Stats

It is the quality of the kicks that count. Soward found the turf more often. One of his kicks downfield was a gem. The chase was excellent and we forced a line drop out.

One of the biggest issues we have is controlling posession. We struggle to get a repeat sets and build pressure. Kicking is crucial to this. The lack of grubbers into the in-goal has been a concern of mine before today.

There is a general lack of creativity in the overall kicking game, but Soward has been the best of a bad lot.

yep, agree with that. The only problem for Soward is over using the chip to the wing. He did it twice in a row last week when running ( I know ), passing or a well placed grubber for a repeat set would've all been better options. Against Parra he threw 2 cracking long cutouts that led to tries. Sure it was only Parra, but a lot of teams are vulnerable against a well thrown cutout. Even Souths highly rated defence has 2 wingers who continually wander in off their wing.

As you mention, getting repeat sets is crucial. Our attack lacks plenty at the moment & patience is a huge problem

Last edited:

FlameThrower

Bench
Who in their right mind, let alone a professional coach, replaces Soward with out worst performing back way out of position.

If Stanley runs out onto the field as our five eight I am going to lose it.

dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

Jezzzzzzz, ppl threatening to cancel Red-V membership, ppl on edge of madness, it's all happening here in Dragonland!

For months we've had complaints about Price not making changes ...he makes changes and experiments and is shot down even before a ball is kicked....

Long shot, but at least there is movement with Cutters team, blooding some f the forums favourites.
Go the Dragons!

mmap dragons

Juniors
No Cooper again. Geez that toe of his must be bad. If he was a horse it would be off to the Knackery for old Coops.

rasaint

Juniors
So Sowie is dropped and soon to be gone. Great. Last week he scorched out a good try, drilled over the sideline conversion, kept us in the game with great field position kicking which squeezed Barba, Stopped Pritchard grounding the ball with a front smoother tackle to prevent a try and hooked over a quick overhead ball for Prior to score. Absolute rubbish wasn't it.

hardbaby

Coach
So Sowie is dropped and soon to be gone. Great. Last week he scorched out a good try, drilled over the sideline conversion, kept us in the game with great field position kicking which squeezed Barba, Stopped Pritchard grounding the ball with a front smoother tackle to prevent a try and hooked over a quick overhead ball for Prior to score. Absolute rubbish wasn't it.

There were some slightly less positive aspects as well.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Extraordinary, isn't it?

That saved try got no mention in the mainstream media. Soward was one of our best.

There are other reasons of course.

I always thought that football was a mental game... proof was in the pudding this week.

Last edited:

rasaint

Juniors
Thanks Willow, I just do not get this situation. Sowie isn't at his absolute best but dropping the guy who was one foundation pillar to our 2010 premiership when he was probably best on the field last week is cruel.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
If the goal was kicked and we won in extra time, then we'd have a completely different state of view.

It just shows how close we are sailing to the wind.

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
I have a feeling Stanley will be ok @ 5/8 he will at least run & that can't be said for soward.I think once he signed with Penrith he checked out.Whilst he has been good for us it is time to move forward,it seems that he has spat the dummy & is refusing to play to prices plan of running the f..kin ball.Without the big aggressive pack the style of standing back like in the past & kicking deep is no longer relevant to the team.I also have a feeling cooper will play.It is safe to assume that dw is not yet ready for NRL.

dragonv

Juniors
I have a feeling Stanley will be ok @ 5/8 he will at least run & that can't be said for soward.I think once he signed with Penrith he checked out.Whilst he has been good for us it is time to move forward,it seems that he has spat the dummy & is refusing to play to prices plan of running the f..kin ball.Without the big aggressive pack the style of standing back like in the past & kicking deep is no longer relevant to the team.I also have a feeling cooper will play.It is safe to assume that dw is not yet ready for NRL.

Chase's passing game?
Chase's kicking game?
Chase's ball handling skills?

It does not augur well.

dragonv

Juniors

I don't think Jamie is playing as good or as bad as anyone else in the team I think it is his attitude (most of the things we don't see and some we do) that has got him the axe. Let's remember he is one of the highest paid players in the team and he needs to have the right attitude. The whole thing stinks no matter how you look at it.

Mr Red

First Grade
Jezzzzzzz, ppl threatening to cancel Red-V membership, ppl on edge of madness, it's all happening here in Dragonland!

For months we've had complaints about Price not making changes ...he makes changes and experiments and is shot down even before a ball is kicked....

Long shot, but at least there is movement with Cutters team, blooding some f the forums favourites.
Go the Dragons!

changes...what changes???
after 2 embarassing efforts he drops Soward, and not because of form or because of the teams poor showings, he drops him because they personally dont get on...and then has the stupidity to move an average centre who cant tackle into an organising role where he will be required to do even more defence...

not a single player has been dropped due to poor form ... Price is still clueless. so really not sure what you mean by Price making changes..

Latest posts