What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Draw 2015

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Dave Smith can't come to release the draw knowing the great Jarryd Hayne won't be playing this season,he's trying to hold it off as long as possible in the hope he wakes up one day and see's the news that Jarryd Hayne is returning to the NRL.

paulmac

Juniors
I'd imagine once the next TV rights are done and the NRL will be able to sort out the draw a lot quicker, then the TV stations can fight over what games they want to televise.

My hope is from 2017 onwards, is fox will broadcast every game live.Then a FTA tv network will simulcast 3 games a week into the various markets.So for example the Storm would be shown live on FTA in Victoria every week regardless of what time slot they're in.This will make the draw less complicated and the release date of the fixture list earlier.

txta2

Bench
This is unbelievable. It's almost December and the draw still isn't out. I like to do a trip to QLD every year to catch up with family and watch a Raiders game, and can't start sorting that out 'till I know which weekends the Raiders are playing up there. Do they not want away fans to go to games?
Qld as in Brisbane? It will be a Friday night.

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
Seems they have mucked up the draw as far as TV Goes - Some how Channel 9 didnt notice that 2 of the Brisbane games they want to show(a Sunday Live game and one a Frday night game) are actually rounds when the Broncos have their bye's. Never mind they will show them anway. :roll:

NRL SUNDAY LIVE GAME - Brisbane v the Bye

images

images

pHyR3

Juniors
My hope is from 2017 onwards, is fox will broadcast every game live.Then a FTA tv network will simulcast 3 games a week into the various markets.So for example the Storm would be shown live on FTA in Victoria every week regardless of what time slot they're in.This will make the draw less complicated and the release date of the fixture list earlier.

sounds great to me!

i'd also like a nice option for digital distribution. Need to stay with or ahead of the curve in terms of technology. Maybe $60 a year for every game live, full screen HD (no laggy crap) on your laptop and iOS/android device. And $100 a year for the same thing, but with DVR options. So you can rewind, pause etc. And a $30 addon for all rep footy (incl SOO) being played in the year.

Kirky

Juniors
If it comes out mid December like last year - you at least get 2.5 months to organise your trip. Are you planning on walking up here?

It's not just me, it's also family from across QLD and NSW, all of whom have their own lives and schedules. The earlier we can lock the weekend in, the less likely someone has to miss out due to a scheduling clash. Also the longer you wait the more expensive flights and hotels are. It's a first world problem i'll grant you, but it's annoying and inconvinient nonethless.

Card Shark

Immortal
and before 2 seasons ago it wasn't a fixed draw and most of the games didn't have a date.

Every year they make stuff-ups with fixtures clashing or teams not getting a 5 day break.

I'd imagine a fixed draw incorporating Mondays /Thursdays & annual games such as ANZAC day, must be a nightmare to get right.

cooko

Juniors
NRL website says the draw will be out mid December to give fans time to plan the season. What a wank.

innsaneink

Referee
We will be releasing a fan-friendly fixed schedule draw for the 2015 #NRL Telstra Premiership season after it is finalised in mid December.

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors