What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DT: Cheating Storm scum

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Grail said:
I think everyone who watches the game and understands it can appreciate good play. But there is a difference between appreciating good football and deciding to change allegiance, even temporarily, and root for the other team.

Do you cheat on your partners as well when you see a younger, more attractive model and yours isn't up to it anymore?

Pfffft.

I joined in Storm chants at last years GF. It doesn't mean i changed allegiance, it just meant i was yelling at a different set of jerseys. Am i allowed to support the Auckland Lions and the Warriors? They're different teams. Can i support Wellington Phoenix and the Warriors?

If your hypothetical partner was dead (like all but four teams are now), would you move on?

drake

First Grade
Dr Crane said:
Pfffft.

I joined in Storm chants at last years GF. It doesn't mean i changed allegiance, it just meant i was yelling at a different set of jerseys. Am i allowed to support the Auckland Lions and the Warriors? They're different teams. Can i support Wellington Phoenix and the Warriors?

If your hypothetical partner was dead (like all but four teams are now), would you move on?
The dead argument is silly... unless your partner does a Lazarus every year.
More like, if your partner was overseas, would you f**k someone else in the meantime?

pantherz9103

First Grade
The Colonel said:
The best team at the end of the season is the one holding the trophy....... would you have been happier had the Roosters won in 03?

We were the minor premiers in '03 and won more games than the Roosters. We beat them in the Grand Final so we were better than them. People might say the Roosters were hot favourites and we upset them and they had a stronger team :roll: but its all about winning games. The Storm has won 3 more games than the next best team this season.

pantherz9103

First Grade
The Colonel said:
However as a bandwagoner you'd look better letting the real Storm supporters stick up for their team.

I plan to. There aren't many of them in here but they'll come in soon enough I guess. I'm leaving.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
drake said:
The dead argument is silly... unless your partner does a Lazarus every year.
More like, if your partner was overseas, would you f**k someone else in the meantime?

Not really.

The club is dead in the context of the year. They aren't going to hop on a plane and surprise you at the Grand Final.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
What a low act.

This should be the new logo for the Mexicans:

Logo_Scumbag.gif

Charlie124

First Grade
They should make Parramatta wear the Warriors black jerseys now that they wont be using them anymore.

pantherz9103 said:
You do not know me and have never met me. So how would you know?
I'm always a Penrith supporter but I also appreciate the good play of other teams. Even when we won the comp in '03 I still liked the storm as a 2nd team. I love the game of rugby league (not just my club :roll:), so while Penrith will always be number 1, when they are out I am still interested in other teams. I want Storm to do well and the game to grow in Melbourne. So sorry I'm not some insular 'i hate all other teams' fan :roll:

Sorry champ, no excuse. You are now the forums biggest 'official' bandwagoner.

:lol:

Posted amongst the Hate Poll thread, but applicable here, I think it all comes down to how accurately this has been reported:

If they asked, were denied, and made an attempt to do it anyway, as appears to be reported, they should be heavily fined in my opinion. If this is true (and I don't know for sure) then they are an underhanded, pathetic organisation. If they asked and were told no, and took no further action - fair play to them.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Dragonsforthewin said:
Sorry champ, no excuse. You are now the forums biggest 'official' bandwagoner.

:lol:

Whatever. Atleast I don't support two teams at the same time. Like Cowbittoh or Lotti.

Ice777

Bench
KaboobieGarfunkelShazam said:
Posted amongst the Hate Poll thread, but applicable here, I think it all comes down to how accurately this has been reported:

If they asked, were denied, and made an attempt to do it anyway, as appears to be reported, they should be heavily fined in my opinion. If this is true (and I don't know for sure) then they are an underhanded, pathetic organisation. If they asked and were told no, and took no further action - fair play to them.

You make some fair points. It may have been reported by the Tele but i hardly think if the Storm asked and were denied they'd still go ahead and do it despite the NRL whatever people might think of them. I don't know either way what happened but i highly doubt they would've went ahead with it anyway after being told not to.

Ever since i've been coming to LU i've seen literally hundreds of posts in regards to how many lies the paper tells, how they make up stories, how disreputbale they are etc etc yet as soon as a story like this comes up about the Storm making them look bad then all of a sudden everyone takes what the Telegraph says as gospel :roll:

Dani

Immortal
So Craig Bellamy was just on SEN.

He said that for the past 2 seasons the width of the pitch has been the same as every other NRL ground, making the only difference the in-goals.

Take it as you will, but Bellamy is a man of integrity.

Ice777 said:
You make some fair points. It may have been reported by the Tele but i hardly think if the Storm asked and were denied they'd still go ahead and do it despite the NRL whatever people might think of them. I don't know either way what happened but i highly doubt they would've went ahead with it anyway after being told not to.

Ever since i've been coming to LU i've seen literally hundreds of posts in regards to how many lies the paper tells, how they make up stories, how disreputbale they are etc etc yet as soon as a story like this comes up about the Storm making them look bad then all of a sudden everyone takes what the Telegraph says as gospel :roll:

Just saw Ten news - it appears they only asked and were refused.

No problem.

You'll never get what you don't ask for, so it was worth a shot.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Dani said:
Bellamy is a man of integrity.

Are you talking about the same Craig Bellamy that intentionally fed the Rugby League world a red herring by saying that his team weren't putting their arms around opposition player's necks any more than any other team, knowing full well that they were doing something much more dangerous - the crusher?

Bellamy's integrity ends when it comes to winning football games.

Face it, the Storm tried to get away with it, and failed.

Ice777

Bench
B-Tron 3000 said:
Face it, the Storm tried to get away with it, and failed.

Can you read or are you just a bit slow? They didn't try and get away with anything, they took the right avenue and requested if they could have the same dimensions as Olympic Park and they were denied. End of story. If they tried to "get away with it" they would've marked the field in the hope that nobody would check it. You're hardly trying to get away with something if you ask permission to do it :lol:

pantherz9103

First Grade
The Cowboys 'got away' with making the warriors wear black jerseys in 35 degrees. Perfectly legal but hardly charitable. What are the Storm supposed to be doing, help the Eels?

Latest posts