What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DT: Ens of Drama for Smith

caylo

Bench
parra pete said:
I'd like to buy him at the value I place on him, and sell him for your assessment of him. I'd make a big quid....
And no, I'm not fickle, just practical. It's great to see life through rose coloured glasses but when you take them off, sometimes you get a big shock. Next time he plays, sit down and just watch him. How he reacts to things, where he hides himself in defence, where he is when someone needs to put their hand up. The options he takes. How many times he kicks the ball straight down the throat of a fullback...Don't take my word for it..Judge for yourself. Tape a game and watch it after the performance. Count how many times he runs the ball and how soon he passes it BEFORE he gets to the defensive line...
Finch has led NSW around the park in two SOO wins. Went very close to man of the match efforts in both games

first is first, timmy does have a running game, a very good step... he did use it in 2005, where he ran to the line and gave short ball off to runners. this is timmy at his best, he is very skillful, and for you to say otherwise simply illistrates either 1, your lack of knowlage of the game, or two your bais against timmy... you also believe you have a great knowlage of the game, so which one is it. Plus id like to ask have you every put the boots on in a competative game at all.
Your comment on finch, well in game one he took so many wrong options, lead a team that should have won buy about 30 points to a last minute field goal victory. He has so many good player around him, he should have done better... but anaster is alot to blame to. Finch does have skill, just not the ability to lead a team around the park, something i have not seen crock as yet do either... i would like to see him without a experianced partner to make my assessment 1st.

parra pete

Referee
caylo said:
[/b]

first is first, timmy does have a running game, a very good step... he did use it in 2005, where he ran to the line and gave short ball off to runners. this is timmy at his best, he is very skillful, and for you to say otherwise simply illistrates either 1, your lack of knowlage of the game, or two your bais against timmy... you also believe you have a great knowlage of the game, so which one is it. Plus id like to ask have you every put the boots on in a competative game at all.
Your comment on finch, well in game one he took so many wrong options, lead a team that should have won buy about 30 points to a last minute field goal victory. He has so many good player around him, he should have done better... but anaster is alot to blame to. Finch does have skill, just not the ability to lead a team around the park, something i have not seen crock as yet do either... i would like to see him without a experianced partner to make my assessment 1st.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

caylo

Bench
parra pete said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
its funny how you laugh, do you have a comment, or are you just speachless... it just shows how spinless you are. when you have no comment you meerly laugh, in a futile attemp to mark your defeat.
And it should have been obvious to you that the comment you highlighted was to say your bias against timmy, not that you have no knowlage of the game, which you obviously have. read things carfully next time.

cardinal

Juniors
caylo said:
its funny how you laugh, do you have a comment, or are you just speachless... it just shows how spinless you are. when you have no comment you meerly laugh, in a futile attemp to mark your defeat.
And it should have been obvious to you that the comment you highlighted was to say your bias against timmy, not that you have no knowlage of the game, which you obviously have. read things carfully next time.

Probably time to chill caylo, pete is allowed his opinion and if we don't agree it does not mean we have to get personal and question his football knowlege. I actually enjoy pete's posts and when he is not bagging Tim find him insightfull. Most parra fans will back there players till the end, hell a lot of us were prepared to forgive Lyon, but pete dances to a different tune as he does not rate Tim and says so. Let's wait till Tim put's the performances on the park and then remind Pete of his ability.

Bazal

Post Whore
caylo said:

Dude, regardless of his opinion, Pete is one of the more knowledgable posters on here, and unlike some he at least sticks to his guns and presents rational arguments for his opinion *looks pointedly at jayjay*. That, along with his knowledge, is to be respected.

As for Timmy, it's great to see he has beefed up a little, maybe it will give him the confidence he needs to take the line on more often. He has a killer step when he wants to use it, maybe with a bit more bulk on his frame he'll be more inclined to try it...

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
I can't believe people would lay into Tim before a balls been kicked. Then to suggest Brett Finch of all people should take his place, at least Tim has shown he can do something. Finch is a proven failure and if he didn't sign with us I'm sure most people here would be saying the same thing.

I can't see a player with the vision and kicking game of Tim Smith disappearing off the scene. He'll bounce back.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Funny how Pete hasn't been seen since the semi final, yet, the first thread about T smith he's in here faster then a turd heading out to Bondi.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Ron Jeremy said:
Funny how Pete hasn't been seen since the semi final, yet, the first thread about T smith he's in here faster then a turd heading out to Bondi.
:lol:

parra pete said:
I'd like to buy him at the value I place on him, and sell him for your assessment of him. I'd make a big quid....
And no, I'm not fickle, just practical. It's great to see life through rose coloured glasses but when you take them off, sometimes you get a big shock. Next time he plays, sit down and just watch him. How he reacts to things, where he hides himself in defence, where he is when someone needs to put their hand up. The options he takes. How many times he kicks the ball straight down the throat of a fullback...Don't take my word for it..Judge for yourself. Tape a game and watch it after the performance. Count how many times he runs the ball and how soon he passes it BEFORE he gets to the defensive line...
Finch has led NSW around the park in two SOO wins. Went very close to man of the match efforts in both games

some interesting points. i have to disagree on one. early in the season, i remember that timmy was leading the stats for number of kicks finding open space. so not all that many were finding the fullback immediately. However i do believe the main reason he was struggling to find form was that he didnt make the defence think at all. it was catch and pass stuff. go back to 2005, he'd draw a defender, setting up the next play and create the holes himself, rather than hope a teammate is running into an often non-existant hole.

caylo

Bench
Bazal said:
Dude, regardless of his opinion, Pete is one of the more knowledgable posters on here, and unlike some he at least sticks to his guns and presents rational arguments for his opinion *looks pointedly at jayjay*. That, along with his knowledge, is to be respected.

As for Timmy, it's great to see he has beefed up a little, maybe it will give him the confidence he needs to take the line on more often. He has a killer step when he wants to use it, maybe with a bit more bulk on his frame he'll be more inclined to try it...

i specificly said
"And it should have been obvious to you that the comment you highlighted was to say your bias against timmy, not that you have no knowlage of the game, which you obviously have. read things carfully next time."

i myself enjoy how insight full pete is, and it may have come across as me being agressive, or going over the top... BUT i hate how he continues to bag out timmy, and its my opinnion that he is bias against him... its bloody obvious as hell... and that my opinnion not a personal attack

parra pete

Referee
Ron Jeremy said:

You obviously don't read all the forums....

caylo

Bench
eeelectroshooting? said:
some interesting points. i have to disagree on one. early in the season, i remember that timmy was leading the stats for number of kicks finding open space. so not all that many were finding the fullback immediately. However i do believe the main reason he was struggling to find form was that he didnt make the defence think at all. it was catch and pass stuff. go back to 2005, he'd draw a defender, setting up the next play and create the holes himself, rather than hope a teammate is running into an often non-existant hole.

yep i remember in the first few weeks we saw timmy with a long, more accurate boot than he had in 2005. he wasn't paying badly early on, but we kept lossing... no bodies in motion, no go forward, it wasn't happening, he thought ive got to take control, i have to throw the miricle ball, or a 30meter cut out pass... he pushed the bounderies... but i think its because nothing was working, and he wanted it to work so bad. Although its not all timmys fault... tim wont go anywhere, he believes he is a Eel through and through, he never considered playing for anyone else when i knew him... and im sure not much has changed. He has so much passion for this club, why would you want to loss that with the amount of skill he has aswell

Eelementary

Post Whore
parra pete said:
The huge following he has on this forum is based on HOPE rather than what he ACTUALLY displays. People are HOPING he is as good as what THEY think he is. It is not actually based on facts..

...Where were you in 2005, mate?

caylo

Bench
parra pete said:
Same place as I was in 2006.......

pete if you are unbias as you say you are, then you must agree you can consider 2005 form, just as much as you are willing to consider 2006 form. They are both the past... timmy was good, then bad... hasn't been consistant at either yet (well a year of each, and his bad form had more good in it than his good year had bad) so you can't call him bad, just hope he finds consistancy preforms as we know he can.
so please stop being so irritating...

Pazza

First Grade
lets put him behind a forward pack that goes forward and lets see what happens.

Praying for a injury free year for Tsoulos and Cannings. These 2 hold the key 2 a successful season

parra pete

Referee
FMD....One swallow doesn't make a summer. Its 2007 season NOT 2005.
Consistency is needed. In my opinion the bloke is OVER RATED. If he comes back and leaves me with egg on my face...you beauty.....:clap:

parra pete said:
FMD....One swallow doesn't make a summer. Its 2007 season NOT 2005.
Consistency is needed. In my opinion the bloke is OVER RATED. If he comes back and leaves me with egg on my face...you beauty.....:clap:

But you did admit that he had the skills.