What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DT: Ens of Drama for Smith

Ron Jeremy

Coach
parra pete said:
You obviously don't read all the forums....

I read the Parramatta forums, your input has been next to non-existent untill this thread.

I see your still representing the minoirty?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
parra pete said:
FMD....One swallow doesn't make a summer. Its 2007 season NOT 2005.
Consistency is needed. In my opinion the bloke is OVER RATED. If he comes back and leaves me with egg on my face...you beauty.....:clap:

Hmmm, didn't see you in the Ben Smith threads earlier this year....

parra pete

Referee
Ron Jeremy said:
Hmmm, didn't see you in the Ben Smith threads earlier this year....

I don't rate Ben Smith that highly either when it comes to that.... But I think he shows more POTENTIAL than Tim Smith..
I can't fathom how Tim Smith has the WOW factor on this forum. Didn't anyone else see how he performed in 2006? Did he live up to your expectations? Was he crook..is that the reason? Did he take responsibility for his actions on and off the paddock?
Is it his haircut, strange tattoo's or wobble head that makes him an UNTOUCHABLE...or is it his ability? I can't work it out. He was the messiah in 2005. In 2006 he was just a naughty boy.
I don't care if I am in the majority or the minority on how he is rated.
I am in the majority in my heart, and when I look in the mirror, the bloke looking back at me is the only person I have to convince. If that bloke is still my friend, I am happy.
Tim Smith has a lot of work to do before he'll convince me he is of NRL standard.
2007 will be the litmus test for him. Is he good enough to lead a first grade team around the paddock? or will he break supporters hearts again, as he did in 2006?
Time will tell......
Remember this, it is ONLY a game of football. Difference of opinions is what makes the world go around. It is difference of opinions that make horse racing so popular. It is difference of opinions that makes democracy such a great thing. Let's all have opinions..It is pretty boring if we all agree on everything.

caylo

Bench
parra pete said:
I don't rate Ben Smith that highly either when it comes to that.... But I think he shows more POTENTIAL than Tim Smith..
I can't fathom how Tim Smith has the WOW factor on this forum. Didn't anyone else see how he performed in 2006? Did he live up to your expectations? Was he crook..is that the reason? Did he take responsibility for his actions on and off the paddock?
Is it his haircut, strange tattoo's or wobble head that makes him an UNTOUCHABLE...or is it his ability? I can't work it out. He was the messiah in 2005. In 2006 he was just a naughty boy.
I am in the majority in my heart, and when I look in the mirror, the bloke looking back at me is the only person I have to convince. If that bloke is still my friend, I am happy.
Tim Smith has a lot of work to do before he'll convince me he is of NRL standard.
2007 will be the litmus test for him. Is he good enough to lead a first grade team around the paddock? or will he break supporters hearts again, as he did in 2006?
Time will tell......
Remember this, it is ONLY a game of football. Difference of opinions is what makes the world go around. It is difference of opinions that make horse racing so popular. It is difference of opinions that makes democracy such a great thing. Let's all have opinions..It is pretty boring if we all agree on everything.

can i have the opinnion your a moron?

caylo

Bench
you don't have to be able to spell to have an opinnion, just comprehend that while your entitled to an opinnon, it does not have to dominate everythign you say, and everything everyone else said. You claim everyone opinnons are unsubstantiated (there it is again, i cant spell, oh well!!), it seems your are more waked than anyones... and the trail of grabage you call an opinnion has become real irritating

Ron Jeremy

Coach
parra pete said:
Time will tell......

Pete, you ask any forum member on this board and they'll tell you i can be pretty critical, sometimes even boardering on insane. Like you i have my opinions, fair enough, we are all entitled to them, however, the rationale you seem to be emphasising (Tim Smith in 2006) is just unfair, when you consider the series of circumstances this year which would've made it hard on any young half back.

For an example, our lack of go forward earlier was diabolical to say the least, how can you expect a half to produce miracles when he is constantly kicking from his 40 metre line. And when we did go on the attack, players outside him many a time didn't read his plays like 2005 or the support play was non-existent. I put it down to two factors earlier on, lack of motivation and team harmony.

We were in a situation earlier where the player swere uncertain and this obviously affected the team as a whole, and certain fundementals went out the window as a consequence. This then in turn affected Tim Smiths game, i won't patronise and say he had a great year, however, i won't say he had the year you percieve him to have had, definately mixed, but in reality, he was hardly given the options from his team mates which he had in 2005 which made him the NRL's top try assists player.

Players who top a category like top try assists obviously has genuine raw abilities, this cannot be ignored. But even players like Peter Sterling still needed players going forward, and the likes of Brett Kenny and Eric Grothe to finish the works. This year, earlier we had ther likes of Matt Petersen and a seriously out of form Ben Smith and to a lesser degree Eric Jr and John Morris.

Pete i noticed you mention Tims running game often, yeah it would be nice if he had one, just like it would be nice if Hindmarsh learnt to be a better attacking forward these days instead of emphasising on tackling or Eric Grothe to develop a better positional game and basis one on one tackles instead of getting caught out often. Players all have there individual strong and low points. I won't get up Tim as like Sterling, Stuart, Johns they tend to rely on kicking as there main weapons. He didn't need a runing game in 2005,i don't think he needs it now. What he does need however is better support play, another creative half as a contingency, and backs showing initiative to be in the right place at the right time eg 2005.

2006 was obviously tough for Tim Smith, he would've learnt alot, but his teammates more so, if they were to have given him the platform and support alas 2005, the talents would've come to fruition.

Tim Smith is NRL standard, just look at 2005, however before you lable him like this, just see if he's given the luxeries which i've discussed in 2007 like 2005 before you critisise him.

parra pete

Referee
You have convinced me. He is MIGHTY.. Walks on water. Now I am part of the majority..Can I be a friend of the forum.?
Pity I can't get my heart - or the way I assess Rugby League players -to see it that way

Ron Jeremy said:
Pete, you ask any forum member on this board and they'll tell you i can be pretty critical, sometimes even boardering on insane. Like you i have my opinions, fair enough, we are all entitled to them, however, the rationale you seem to be emphasising (Tim Smith in 2006) is just unfair, when you consider the series of circumstances this year which would've made it hard on any young half back.

For an example, our lack of go forward earlier was diabolical to say the least, how can you expect a half to produce miracles when he is constantly kicking from his 40 metre line. And when we did go on the attack, players outside him many a time didn't read his plays like 2005 or the support play was non-existent. I put it down to two factors earlier on, lack of motivation and team harmony.

We were in a situation earlier where the player swere uncertain and this obviously affected the team as a whole, and certain fundementals went out the window as a consequence. This then in turn affected Tim Smiths game, i won't patronise and say he had a great year, however, i won't say he had the year you percieve him to have had, definately mixed, but in reality, he was hardly given the options from his team mates which he had in 2005 which made him the NRL's top try assists player.

Players who top a category like top try assists obviously has genuine raw abilities, this cannot be ignored. But even players like Peter Sterling still needed players going forward, and the likes of Brett Kenny and Eric Grothe to finish the works. This year, earlier we had ther likes of Matt Petersen and a seriously out of form Ben Smith and to a lesser degree Eric Jr and John Morris.

Pete i noticed you mention Tims running game often, yeah it would be nice if he had one, just like it would be nice if Hindmarsh learnt to be a better attacking forward these days instead of emphasising on tackling or Eric Grothe to develop a better positional game and basis one on one tackles instead of getting caught out often. Players all have there individual strong and low points. I won't get up Tim as like Sterling, Stuart, Johns they tend to rely on kicking as there main weapons. He didn't need a runing game in 2005,i don't think he needs it now. What he does need however is better support play, another creative half as a contingency, and backs showing initiative to be in the right place at the right time eg 2005.

2006 was obviously tough for Tim Smith, he would've learnt alot, but his teammates more so, if they were to have given him the platform and support alas 2005, the talents would've come to fruition.

Tim Smith is NRL standard, just look at 2005, however before you lable him like this, just see if he's given the luxeries which i've discussed in 2007 like 2005 before you critisise him.

Great Post mate!!!

cardinal

Juniors
parra pete said:
You have convinced me. He is MIGHTY.. Walks on water. Now I am part of the majority..Can I be a friend of the forum.?
Pity I can't get my heart - or the way I assess Rugby League players -to see it that way

Stick to your guns pete you may well have the last laugh, but I don't know if laugh is the right word if it means one of our players are not performing. After last year I am not sure either if Tim will step up in 07 but I am hopeing like hell he does and after Hagan has announced him as our first choice half I think we all have to get behind him. I am not as sure as caylo that Tim will be an eel for a long time, if he performs at the start of the year he is bound to get big money thrown at him and it might be in his best interest to get out of sydney. With Blake Green however I think we have a ready made replacment anyway, as I think he is a born 1/2 not a 5/8, and is almost a match for Tim on a skill level. What is your assesment of Blake Pete ?

strider

Post Whore
Just for the record - after seeing Timmy on the news last week, I reckon he's in for a big year - he was oozing confidence the way he spoke (not what he said but the way he said it) .... i think we forget he's still very young and it takes something to click in your head that you are infact good and capable of steering a team around the park - I think there were too many other things in timmy's head last year ... but I expect it to click this year ... just my gut feeling

Suitman

Post Whore
strider said:
Just for the record - after seeing Timmy on the news last week, I reckon he's in for a big year - he was oozing confidence the way he spoke (not what he said but the way he said it) .... i think we forget he's still very young and it takes something to click in your head that you are infact good and capable of steering a team around the park - I think there were too many other things in timmy's head last year ... but I expect it to click this year ... just my gut feeling

If our fowards click, Timmy will go alright. If they don't............

Suity

parra pete

Referee
cardinal said:
Stick to your guns pete you may well have the last laugh, but I don't know if laugh is the right word if it means one of our players are not performing. After last year I am not sure either if Tim will step up in 07 but I am hopeing like hell he does and after Hagan has announced him as our first choice half I think we all have to get behind him. I am not as sure as caylo that Tim will be an eel for a long time, if he performs at the start of the year he is bound to get big money thrown at him and it might be in his best interest to get out of sydney. With Blake Green however I think we have a ready made replacment anyway, as I think he is a born 1/2 not a 5/8, and is almost a match for Tim on a skill level. What is your assesment of Blake Pete ?

Me too. I hope to hell that he can recapture what he showed EARLY in 2005.
I don't think he recovered from the shellacking he got in the preliminary final loss to the Cowboys. but I have my doubts as I don't think he is up to it..
Unfortunately I have not seen enough of Blake Green to form an assessment. But there is a big difference between schoolboy, premier league and NRL. Huge gap. Being a star at the school level and PL doesn't necessarily assure success at NRL.
A good mate of mine (Peter Lord at Titans) was Manager of Blake Green..and his assessment about three years ago of Blake was that he was the 'next big thing'. Lordy is no longer in player management..moved onto better things, believe it or not.
(Player managers work very hard for their clients..it is not as cushy a job as it is made out)

strider

Post Whore
Suitman said:
If our fowards click, Timmy will go alright. If they don't............

Suity
If they don't we'll have Finchy to tell em where to go :lol: :lol:

parra pete

Referee
Here is a scoop.
There will be NO Premier League in 2008. It will be replaced by a National Under 20 competition.....
YOU READ IT HERE FIRST

Eelementary

Post Whore
With a pack containing a fit and healthy Moimoi and Cayless, an in-form Riddell and Marsh, hopefully Mateo off the bench and an in-form Cordoba and Tsoulos/Cannings/Fa'aoso, we shouldn't have trouble going forward...

Eelementary

Post Whore
parra pete said:
Here is a scoop.
There will be NO Premier League in 2008. It will be replaced by a National Under 20 competition.....
YOU READ IT HERE FIRST

What does this mean for Jersey Flegg and the other comps?

The Colonel

Immortal
parra pete said:
Here is a scoop.
YOU READ IT HERE FIRST

Sorry pete. Not much of a scoop. The Dragons have chosen not to run a Flegg side for that very reason next year....... its been done and dusted for quite some time..... also the very reason why Seven Hills Demons will be fielding a side in the Jim Beam Cup in 2007.