What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Memberships Onsale for 2015

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
There is plenty of evidence, Del. Maybe these guys want to avoid the awkwardness of admitting they kept it from you. Or maybe you're just not mates with the ones who knew.

Or maybe he isn't as tight with them as he thought. They were happy to share it with me.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
It's weird, you are good at having a whinge but not actually good at whinging. In fact you whinge like a whiny 8 year old girl. If you are gonna whinge do it like a man Toni

Exactly.

Needs more "f**ks" if he is going to be taken seriously in the whinge department. A few "merkins" wouldn't go astray either.

It ain't rocket surgery.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If there was no evidence I wouldn't believe it to be true. I certainly have no reason to protect Princess Hayne. I'm one of the few who is glad he's gone.

For the record the evidence is on TheFilthySpammers, including one member who scooped Hayne to NFL a month prior to its announcement and another who claims Junior Paulo told him that Hayne told the playing group of his plans in round 20.

EelsFan05

Bench
If there was no evidence I wouldn't believe it to be true. I certainly have no reason to protect Princess Hayne. I'm one of the few who is glad he's gone.

For the record the evidence is on TheFilthySpammers, including one member who scooped Hayne to NFL a month prior to its announcement and another who claims Junior Paulo told him that Hayne told the playing group of his plans in round 20.

I don't disagree that people at the club knew before hand but, with all the bullshit 'scoops' on that site someone was bound to luck out on one sooner or later.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Brett Morris to the Bulldogs would have been a reasonable guess, but Jarryd Hayne to the NFL? I thought it was a joke when I first saw it on Twitter.

Pugzley

Only $20 more than what I paid for the 2015 Black Hole membership this year. Tempting to be a duel fan.

Bigfella

Coach
So pou, assuming this "evidence" is true, what do you think it says about our club's ability to sign players that we don't have a replacement for hayne yet?

And by replacement I don't mean a fullback necessarily, I mean the use of his salary cap space to strengthen positions we were already weak in, to turn this situation into the boon that you argue it will be.

I accept that If we recruit strategically and effectively we could hypothetically improve our side.

But are we really going to pull it off?

And if players knew and key staff didn't, isn't that a massive concern?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't know what you're talking about mate. I believe we're finished recruiting and most of our cap is spent. We'll go alright.

bartman

Immortal
A lol :lol: moment from article about our incresed membership sales:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...embership-record/story-fni3fh9n-1227131768069

WHO needs Jarryd Hayne?

Apparently not the Parramatta Eels when it comes to selling club memberships for the 2015 season.

There was always a concern when the superstar fullback left to chase an NFL dream in the US that his army of fanatical supporters would be reluctant to sign up again.

Not so. In fact, it’s been the exact opposite.

As of Friday afternoon, the Eels were about to tick over to 10,000 members, a record number for November figures. At the same time last year they had just 5569.

“It shows the Eels are all about the club and not the individual,” CEO Scott Seward said.

“The day after Jarryd announced he was leaving, we had our biggest day for membership sales.
Our fans can see the board, the management the coaching staff and the players are heading in the right direction.”
See ya Jarryd :nwave:.

Bigfella

Coach
Yes I imagine that jarryd's form in winning the dally m and almost dragging us into the semis, then the worldwide publicity he attracted with his announcement, including trending in the top 5 worldwide on Twitter, didn't have anything to do with the membership increase.

Yes I imagine that jarryd's form in winning the dally m and almost dragging us into the semis, then the worldwide publicity he attracted with his announcement, including trending in the top 5 worldwide on Twitter, didn't have anything to do with the membership increase.

Why would that make someone want to join the club?

I haven't felt a strange attraction to fly Malaysian Airlines this year.

Bigfella

Coach
Pissweak analogy.

For a start - no one died in this case.

The club achieve massive positive worldwide publicity. A local junior produced by our club becomes the first potential direct code swap from nrl to arguably the biggest sport in the world. A secondary factor that this publicity tapped in to loyalty for the club among supporters who perceived that the club needed support in jarryd's absence.

And it also ignores what Scott "self-promoter" Soward and Bart "the phantom" ignored - that the increase from last year to this can't possibly be divorced from hayne's contribution either.

To claim that the membership increase over the year, or after his resignation, has been achieved without hayne is disingenuous and driven by cheap agendas.

In soward's case it's blowing his own trumpet and covering his arse for f**king up the resigning, and in bart's it's that he has bagged hayne since 2009, either because he bagged daniel Anderson or nearly won us a premiership while 3p were in charge.

Latest posts