What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Memberships Onsale for 2015

Jodeci

Bench
Pissweak analogy.

For a start - no one died in this case.

The club achieve massive positive worldwide publicity. A local junior produced by our club becomes the first potential direct code swap from nrl to arguably the biggest sport in the world. A secondary factor that this publicity tapped in to loyalty for the club among supporters who perceived that the club needed support in jarryd's absence.

And it also ignores what Scott "self-promoter" Soward and Bart "the phantom" ignored - that the increase from last year to this can't possibly be divorced from hayne's contribution either.

To claim that the membership increase over the year, or after his resignation, has been achieved without hayne is disingenuous and driven by cheap agendas.

In soward's case it's blowing his own trumpet and covering his arse for f**king up the resigning, and in bart's it's that he has bagged hayne since 2009, either because he bagged daniel Anderson or nearly won us a premiership while 3p were in charge.

This might be a silly question Bigfella, with the article that Phil Rothfield wrote, did he mention that we had 21,000 members last year and with the cut off date this week, only 10,000 have rejoined?

We are at 10,000 when this time last year we only had 6,000?

We had a lot of new-comers jump on board early in the season when we started well and Hayne was on fire, let's hope we start strong again so those members jump back on board.

Pissweak analogy.

The club achieve massive positive worldwide publicity. A local junior produced by our club becomes the first potential direct code swap from nrl to arguably the biggest sport in the world. A secondary factor that this publicity tapped in to loyalty for the club among supporters who perceived that the club needed support in jarryd's absence.

And it also ignores what Scott "self-promoter" Soward and Bart "the phantom" ignored - that the increase from last year to this can't possibly be divorced from hayne's contribution either.

To claim that the membership increase over the year, or after his resignation, has been achieved without hayne is disingenuous and driven by cheap agendas.

Agree entirely with the bit in bold. But the article doesn't claim that Hayne's performances and the Dally M stuff were irrelevant. What would you expect any CEO to say when promoting a membership drive?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pissweak analogy.

In soward's case it's blowing his own trumpet and covering his arse for f**king up the resigning, and in bart's it's that he has bagged hayne since 2009, either because he bagged daniel Anderson or nearly won us a premiership while 3p were in charge.

Another one desperate to see us fail without Hayne. You death riding merkin you make me sick.

You reckon all the extra people who have bought memberships because of Hayne don't know he's gone?

strider

Post Whore
these membership tallies are a pointless joke anyway

maybe 1000 parra fans have bought a new dog since last season and signed it up?

Bigfella

Coach
Another one desperate to see us fail without Hayne. You death riding merkin you make me sick.

You reckon all the extra people who have bought memberships because of Hayne don't know he's gone?

I'm not desperate to see us fail without him at all.

I'd love to have him back, no doubt. I've said several times that theortically we could establish a stronger and more competitive squad without him.

There's one thing I can't cop about supporting this club. It's being told bullshit by people who are more interested in looking after their own interests than the club's.

That statement from Seward was bullshit.

The answer to your question is "of course not all the people who bought tickets knew about hayne leaving you gibberer"

The article refers to increase since last year. Not all of those were made since his announcement.

No doubt a small percentage of the signups the day after the announcement also didn't know. Some would have made the decision prior, or somehow missed the announcement. The sales ten months prior certainly didn't know.

Gronk

Staff member
these membership tallies are a pointless joke anyway

maybe 1000 parra fans have bought a new dog since last season and signed it up?

I asked my dog if he was interested and he told me to bark off.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm not desperate to see us fail without him at all.

I'd love to have him back, no doubt. I've said several times that theortically we could establish a stronger and more competitive squad without him.

There's one thing I can't cop about supporting this club. It's being told bullshit by people who are more interested in looking after their own interests than the club's.

That statement from Seward was bullshit.

The answer to your question is "of course not all the people who bought tickets knew about hayne leaving you gibberer"

The article refers to increase since last year. Not all of those were made since his announcement.

No doubt a small percentage of the signups the day after the announcement also didn't know. Some would have made the decision prior, or somehow missed the announcement. The sales ten months prior certainly didn't know.

Fair points.

spiderdan

Bench
given our club had a highest ever membership by a fair way last year you would expect that at this time around at this point in time we would have more members given it's renewal time.

Chipmunk

Coach
Although we have roughly 90% more members signed up now than what we did last year, I doubt one of these 10000 total members were not already members in 2014.

Did the Club have some sort of incentive in place to rejoin early for 2015 memberships?

Although we have roughly 90% more members signed up now than what we did last year, I doubt one of these 10000 total members were not already members in 2014.

Did the Club have some sort of incentive in place to rejoin early for 2015 memberships?

And when did the auto renewals roll over in 2014, compared to 2013?

strider

Post Whore

renew by this coming Friday or lose your seat :D

Delboy

First Grade
Gee, we can find a way to moan and bitch, the CEOS job is to talk the club up, not satisfy people who blog to amuse themselves

Sometimes we need to get over ourselves, and accept its all about advertising. You don't have to actually believe that Energy Australia will actually turn up on time for an appointment , but they advertise as though they do :)

Haynzy

First Grade
Just got home from work to discover my non-ticketed member's pack has arrived but unfortunately my son's junior pack hasn't arrived, it was part of the same order.
I also assume our polo shirts will arrive sometime soonishly as they were part of the same renewal too.

Very happy with the hat and the surprise travel mug (I hope it doesn't leak) The key ring seems a bit cheaper quality than the last couple of years. The cooler bag will be useful.

All in all I'm happy enough but will be happier when my son's pack and our shirts arrive.

Utey

Coach
Can't hack that one player would result in someone not renewing their membership. Can accept it for other reasons, but Hayne isn't Parra. Looking forward to 2015 and the following years to see how we can recruit to fill a gap. I would now expect to see us consistently stronger across the park.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Pissweak analogy.

Hayne not being here next year has nothing to do with Seaward 'f**king up the resigning' - he's walked out on us when he was still contracted for another year. I doubt there would be many blaming Seaward for that. I don't believe he's a self promoter either. We hardly hear a word from him in the media and when we do he's talking up the club or our memberships etc to show the club in a positive light - which is his job.
I think another reason for early membership numbers being up is the automatic rollover of renewals for those that signed up for it, how early they have got the membership packs together this year (which would have been earlier if someone didn't need to be edited out of the brochures) and the payment plans that are available. The more telling figure on how the princesses departure has affected us will be the numbers we have at the start of next season.

byrner

Juniors
FYI my son received his baby membership again today.
assuming someone fkd up and sent it twice, and hoping im not charged twice.