What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK II

How many pages in 24 hrs

• 1-15

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 16-30

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 31-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45+

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delboy

First Grade
What if they stripped the licence, kept the coach and the team and the colours, but relocated the team to Perth?

Trying to stay indifferent to all this crap until any sentence is handed down, I was doing quite well, until the blog went off the rails completely and ended up like this.

Oh dear, we have the ability to go too far without any reason, particularly when things get difficult.

The Sharks stuck behind their club better than we are currently , when they were getting hammered in the media. We actually need to stay firm and support the club, not digging deeper and deeper holes for the fun of it, we have enough doomsayers as it is:crazy::crazy:

Trying to stay indifferent to all this crap until any sentence is handed down, I was doing quite well, until the blog went off the rails completely and ended up like this.

I agree that we need to wait till any sentence is handed down. But when people who are in the know are writing us off of getting out of this one, its hard to stay strong.

I think investigation continuing helps our cause, I don't think they have found a smoking gun yet, no matter what the News Limited Jurnos think they have got. You have to wonder how this was not uncovered during the last audit of the club before the massive fine and suspended points finding last year. If these are leaks, I am quite sure the would have sent them to the NRL last year if it helped to "Achieve" their goals.

84 Baby

Referee
The Sharks stuck behind their club better than we are currently , when they were getting hammered in the media. We actually need to stay firm and support the club, not digging deeper and deeper holes for the fun of it, we have enough doomsayers as it is:crazy::crazy:

Some people at our club just get herded like sheep

Chipmunk

Coach

Oh dear, we have the ability to go too far without any reason, particularly when things get difficult.

I'm not suggesting that should or will happen, my post was in relation to Stagger and what he would actually be prepared to support, if Brad Arthur and the players were still left intact.

Suitman

Post Whore
We are going to lose 8 points according to 7 news.

Yep, he had word "from a source".

But also said that the NRL may wait to issue the penalty until after our "blockbuster" against the Bulldogs next week.
Seriously, do these people think this is just a big game to play?

This whole scenario has been a joke, and has been played out in the media without ONE word from the NRL.
If we are guilty, I will want to know the exact details of any infractions and the evidence they had to convict us.
If we are not, I will expect a strongly worded statement from the NRL condemning the media coverage.

Gronk

Staff member
1461054510431.jpg

Parramatta Eels members invited to movie screening on same night as club AGM

t's expected to be the most fiery annual general meeting in Parramatta's history - and club officials are inviting members to go to the movies instead.
In what might be interpreted as an oversight by some and a diversion by others, Eels members have been sent an offer to "meet and mingle" with players before viewing a screening of the film Broke at Event Cinemas Parramatta on Monday, May 2.
That just happens to be the same evening as the Parramatta Leagues Club AGM where club chairman Steve Sharp and the rest of the Eels board, if they're still in power, are expected to be grilled from the floor about the salary cap scandal threatening to bring the team's encouraging season to its knees.
By that point it is likely to be abundantly clear just how seriously the NRL is taking the club's series of alleged third-party payment breaches, with a penalty involving a loss of competition points tipped before the end of next week.
If that is the case and Sharp and co are still clinging on, the AGM shapes as living up to its colourful recent history, even though it is not an election year. At the 2014 edition, the chairman's former premiership teammate and factional enemy Terry Leabeater was ejected from the auditorium after throwing his voting paddle in front of Sharp in disgust. On that farcical night a motion for a code of conduct for directors was even voted down.
On the agenda this year are resolutions that include a protection for members against privatisation and constitutional amendments including a rule that would prohibit ex-employees from running for the board for at least three years after they finish working at the club.
For those who brush the movie offer and opt for the AGM, though, the salary cap saga is sure to be a hot topic.
Broke, the fictional account of an ex-North Sydney player who in retirement struggles with alcohol and gambling, is apparently a fine drama.
The Parramatta AGM might well be filed on the 'action' shelf.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-leag...=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz46GEz4dH9
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

yy_cheng

Coach
How about noone goes to the dogs game to show them what it will be like and all go to the swans game instead

hindy111

Post Whore
8 points is just enough to kill our season id say.
6 would be tough. But wouldnt the cowboys go lets do same lose 8 points for one year but be able to keep our squad together for 3?

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
Yep, he had word "from a source".

But also said that the NRL may wait to issue the penalty until after our "blockbuster" against the Bulldogs next week.
Seriously, do these people think this is just a big game to play?

This whole scenario has been a joke, and has been played out in the media without ONE word from the NRL.
If we are guilty, I will want to know the exact details of any infractions and the evidence they had to convict us.
If we are not, I will expect a strongly worded statement from the NRL condemning the media coverage.

I agree. Maybe the NRL is all for the daily telegraphs click bait tactics. It ain't fcking hard, if they've made a decision they should hand down the penalty. Waiting till after the Bulldogs blockbuster is a disgrace if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.