What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels snare Poore and Shackleton

the_eel

Juniors
I agree that Gaba is a fool.

But Latimore has been great for us when he's played. I could happily say goodbye to Hauraki and Lowrie.

I totally agree, he and Mannah have been great improvers to our pack and a success so far in their development as 1st graders. Hauraki and Lowrie though are terrible and should be shown the door to clear more salary space.

I am pretty stoked with the massive improvement of both Latimore and Mannah from last year to now. Certainly good signs for both for the future.

Dymock

Juniors
I totally agree, he and Mannah have been great improvers to our pack and a success so far in their development as 1st graders. Hauraki and Lowrie though are terrible and should be shown the door to clear more salary space.

Cheers.
I think in two years I have seen Hauraki make one good tackle and one good hit-up. Lowrie tries hard ... but that is probably the worst thing you can say about a professional athlete.

With Latimore and Mannah being tutored by Hindmarsh, Cayless, Moi Moi, Poore and Shackleton we will be a top 4 team next year.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I agree that Gaba is a fool.

But Latimore has been great for us when he's played. I could happily say goodbye to Hauraki and Lowrie.

Yeah I agree, Latimore has been great, but I dont see a spot for him in 1st grade with Moi Moi, Cayless, Poore and Mannah in top grade.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Personally i always thought the eels were always overrated and they have proven it, the players they have in that list hayne the only attacking player in there.

Mind you he is good

Like i said if it is true poore has made the biggest mistake in his career ,
You are without doubt the biggest dickhead on LU. Hopefully for you're sake you are a pisstake.

lol at the Dragons fans who have been in this thread talking Poore down.

If you pop on over to the Dragons forum and look over the past couple of weeks, there are about 97 threads full of Dragons fans pissing their pants about the prospect of Poore leaving and now that their is actually ink on paper with the Eels, their here saying "he's reserve grade standard" and "another Dragons reject" lol!

Good on you Eels!

Dragons_#1

Bench
yeh good on u eels... u bought 2 players!! wooooooo still dont think it will be enough to get u a top 4.. maybe a top 8, only time will tell i guess!!

we dont need poore... we proved we can beat top teams (broncos) with saffy starting!
When we sign cutie with poores money all will be better!!

Pazza

First Grade
Yeah I agree, Latimore has been great, but I dont see a spot for him in 1st grade with Moi Moi, Cayless, Poore and Mannah in top grade.

lats wont be in the top 17 but with injury, suspension and rep duty im sure he and maybe mitchel johnson will see plenty of FG next season!

Congratulations Eels on both signings, Fantastic news. Especially when one of the best roosters leaves the farm and makes them even up more of a sh*t creek.

The Colonel

Immortal
They’ve also signed Poore from StGeorge-Illawarra to a three-year contract and I know of a HUUUUGE name they are also negotiating with. I don’t want to be rude but I can’t name the player here because Herald journalists read this blog every day. I’m hopeful we’ll be able to reveal the name in tomorrow’s newspaper. Let’s just say they are being far more active in recruitment since Denis Fitzgerald left.

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailyteleg...race_for_top_eight_spots_still_wide_open/P20/

Maybe the same bloke planet was talking about? :lol:

benoir91

Juniors
I wouldnt be surprised if its true , i dont think $80,000 difference would sway him to the eels if the dragons were offering him $275 to the eels $350 he would have stayed at the dragons

225,000 over 3 years is a lot of money

Pazza

First Grade
if it took 400K then thats fine with me! you build teams off guys like poore, just like the dragons did off the go forward of Poore and Weyman

Latest posts