What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels snare Poore and Shackleton

PARRA_FAN

Coach
When I first heard it about, I was like, what?? Surely not?? :shock::crazy:\\\\:D/

I couldnt be more happy, and I reckon there's more to come for 2010. :clap:

Two props, just what Parramatta needs, two quality front rowers.

New CEO, New coach, new players, new era.

Dragons_#1

Bench
I love it when a whole bunch of fans from another team walk around thinking that they will not only win the comp this year, but that this year is the beginning of a dynasty... In June!

Talk about setting yourself up for a fall.

Come September, that Dragons forum is going to be full of irony imo.

Parramatta and St George have somthing to look forward to next year! when ur team is winning the comp (2099) maybe then u will be celebrating!
Eels ahve pulled off 2 great signings but they still have work to do! Unlike souths there onto better things next year tho!

Avenger

Immortal
Oh yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p:p:p

The people I told that this would happen can thank me later. :D:D

BD5733

Juniors
We definitely can't have them now? Lining up against the Tigers on Monday?

Have we had someone check over the rules just in case we can?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
this great news next year looks bright. I think some peoples love of horo could be little dangerous he has not even played nrl. I prefer to keep tauti he is younger has more nrl experience and I reckon is starting to show some good form. he is also a big boy. I would hate for everyone to be bagging horo because he is not a superstar after 2 games.

also to all the dragons supporters on here posting negative stuff f**k off this is our win for the year and let us enjoy the moment

ParraFan09

Juniors
great news for parra a huge bolster to our pretty average forward pack looking good for 2010.
but with the two signings (poore & shackleton) are we going to lose player like moimoi now??

Gazzamatta

Coach
Gee,

It only seems a few weeks ago when the word was the Club had managed its "salary cap" poorly and there was little money to buy players for 2010.
So whats changed?
Are there contracted players prepared to leave, or did the post Fitzgerald audit find a few bucks?
In DA we trust. Go the Mighty Eels.

Fan since 1964
Gazzamatta

Pazza

First Grade
Gee,

It only seems a few weeks ago when the word was the Club had managed its "salary cap" poorly and there was little money to buy players for 2010.
So whats changed?
Are there contracted players prepared to leave, or did the post Fitzgerald audit find a few bucks?

Fan since 1964
Gazzamatta

nothing has changed, the club has still managed the cap very,,.. poorely!

oldmancraigy

Coach
Gee,

So whats changed?

Fan since 1964
Gazzamatta

There was only a very brief moment of crying 'salary cap poor' - it was around the time that Fitzy was trying to salvage his job I think.

There was always going to be close to a million and a half bucks to spend to cover the final 10 players positions for 2010. Factor in 6 at around 50k each, and you're talking about a million amongst 4 players.

So far Parra have spent around 550k of that on 2. Which means they'd have roughly 400k left to splash around with - 1 HUUUUGE name, or 200k on 2 more 'Shackleton' type players.

The 'salary cap poor' stuff quickly turned into 'chasing Poore' talk - and since then we haven't heard the "we're broke" lie. Possibly that was a journalist misreading the bottom line....

Latest posts