What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels snare Poore and Shackleton

Ladmate

Bench
Maybe thats all the cap space they could afford?

Petro And Price would be on more then 350k a season btw

Maybe, but I would believe Bennett, a guy who knows him well and has coached him.

Petero and Price may be on more than 350k, but to suggest Poore is nearly on par with them is stupidity.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Its reality. It's not ruining anything. If you think Poore is worth 350k then I think you are the ones with problems. Wayne Bennett knows more about him than you do and if he believes that he is worth 275k tops, then guess what? You payed overs.

Its like an auction. You end up paying in the end a hell of a lot more than the item is actually worth.
What are you crapping on about???? Don't you follow the club that is paying a nuffy like Morris a mint???? Prince's replacement :lol::lol::lol:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Maybe, but I would believe Bennett, a guy who knows him well and has coached him.

Petero and Price may be on more than 350k, but to suggest Poore is nearly on par with them is stupidity.
Yes it would be stupidity, Price and Petro are in their mid 30's while we are getting Poore at his peak. I know who i would prefer in the long term.

Ladmate

Bench
Yes it would be stupidity, Price and Petro are in their mid 30's while we are getting Poore at his peak. I know who i would prefer in the long term.

Poore can only go downwards without Bennett. This is his peak. You can only slide.

Ladmate

Bench
What are you crapping on about???? Don't you follow the club that is paying a nuffy like Morris a mint???? Prince's replacement :lol::lol::lol:

Funny because I thought we were talking about Poore. Can't think of anything to say now? I'm not denying my club has made wrong decisions, but you clearly are.

Y2Eel

First Grade

But the Dragons could also extend him a $275,000-a-year deal because of salary cap constraints.

They had no cap space to go near the eels deal...

Yeah prob A little overs but Poore is still better then Galloway, and the eels dont really have a plethora of Forwrds so paying a little extra for a NSW rep isnt too bad... And i couldnt care less now cos you have to use the cap may aswell pay for a rep player dont you think?

Y2Eel

First Grade
Poore can only go downwards without Bennett. This is his peak. You can only slide.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Petro was coached by Bennett when he went to the panthers And he was older then Poore.... How is Petro going again?

Eelementary

Post Whore
You keep saying Poore is nothing without Bennett...Yet 2009 is the best season in First Grade Moimoi has ever had to date. And it's under one Daniel Anderson.

I see no reason why Anderson can't do the same with Poore.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Funny because I thought we were talking about Poore. Can't think of anything to say now? I'm not denying my club has made wrong decisions, but you clearly are.
He hasn't even put on a Parra jersey, how can i say the club made the wrong decision??? FFS if we win a comp in his time here it will be massive unders. We had to start somewhere and a state of Origin prop is a pretty good start.

Ladmate

Bench
You keep saying Poore is nothing without Bennett...Yet 2009 is the best season in First Grade Moimoi has ever had to date. And it's under one Daniel Anderson.

I see no reason why Anderson can't do the same with Poore.

Correction: I said Poore hasn't proved himself without Bennett in my first post.

I'm not saying he will slide. It is just more likely under DA than Bennett. You could have said this no matter who Poore signed for. But 350k is a lot, especially for a 24 year old that has played only one origin.

Bazal

Post Whore
He hasn't even put on a Parra jersey, how can i say the club made the wrong decision??? FFS if we win a comp in his time here it will be massive unders. We had to start somewhere and a state of Origin prop is a pretty good start.

He's just got his back up cos I told him Galloway was a hack...remember this merkin and the Farah/Ennis argument :lol:? He's just a biased sook who is pissed we don't believe Galloway is better than Poore :lol:

strider

Post Whore
I think its probably true - we likely did pay overs for Poore ... but thats the situation we are in - we are going sh*t and paying more is the way to entice decent players to our club

no need for parra fans to arc up over it if others say it - just accept it and move on .... its no different to 2005 where we had to pay big $$$s to the likes of tahu, riddell, morrison

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Correction: I said Poore hasn't proved himself without Bennett in my first post.

I'm not saying he will slide. It is just more likely under DA than Bennett. You could have said this no matter who Poore signed for. But 350k is a lot, especially for a 24 year old that has played only one origin.

Tbh mate, i think he is worth every cent. Parra need a forward like poore, one who is not scared to do the dirty work, take that hit up when we are sturggling to get out of our own end.
He is going to improve this team so much, usually its moimoi who takes the hit up at full pace and thats our only go forward all set, you get moimoi and poore one after each other and watch the platform it lays for the halves. Not to mention hindy and shackleton making metres outwide and hayne feeding off them.

He was also far better than kite and bailey in origin 1 and yeah he took galloways spot, but i think he has earned his spot for game 2 ater that performance.

Ladmate

Bench
Here are some quotes that is reality:

"350k a year for Poore? I bet he hasn't stopped laughing that he's been offered so much. What's the bet that investment turns out to be as succesful as Ben Ross at the sharks. Parramatta."

Congratulations eels you have signed the next Jason Ryles, the most overated forward running round in 2009! What ever this guy does i would like to know??? $350 K, this from the same team that paid $450 for a useless Cayless. MORONS!!!! (maybe not this one)

"lmao, he has not played any good until Bennett got there. Now all of a sudden he thinks he is a superstar, Eels will become the new roosters over paid and over rated." (THIS IS THE BEST ONE) (except for the roosters part, you are not there yet.)

"i don't think any of the dragons that have ended up at parra in recent years have done much to enhance their position in the game. good luck JP, you're going to need it."

"To all you numpty Roflmatta fans, big name prop forwards don't win you the comp. Decent halves win you the comp. Have a look at the pack of forwards the Tigers won the comp with (and i don't follow them). You numpty's aren't going to look like winning a comp without a decent 6 and 7 (plus a good hooker for that matter). But feel free to continue being delusional until then." (this is a good quote for bias fans, some here are, some aren't)

"I am a Dragons fan deluxe but Poore just hasn't got it. He clearly got Wayne Bennett's message when he said he was overpaid at $275,000. Smart move Eels, you've replaced a donk named Cayless with Poore who is more of the same old, same old. Bennett should now focus on developing Dan Hunt and slot Poore onto the bench for the rest of the season. Poore should never have played Origin as he's only an average first grader." (from a dragons fan)

"350k for Justin Poore lol............no wonder Parra are at the tail end of the competition."

"Parra would be better off worrying about keeping albert kelly then throwing all that money at someone who I just cant see is worth it." (Brilliant quote)

Ladmate

Bench

How does winning a comp make it unders? It's still 350k.

lewiscook

Juniors
Here are some quotes that is reality:

"350k a year for Poore? I bet he hasn't stopped laughing that he's been offered so much. What's the bet that investment turns out to be as succesful as Ben Ross at the sharks. Parramatta."

Congratulations eels you have signed the next Jason Ryles, the most overated forward running round in 2009! What ever this guy does i would like to know??? $350 K, this from the same team that paid $450 for a useless Cayless. MORONS!!!! (maybe not this one)

"lmao, he has not played any good until Bennett got there. Now all of a sudden he thinks he is a superstar, Eels will become the new roosters over paid and over rated." (THIS IS THE BEST ONE) (except for the roosters part, you are not there yet.)

"i don't think any of the dragons that have ended up at parra in recent years have done much to enhance their position in the game. good luck JP, you're going to need it."

"To all you numpty Roflmatta fans, big name prop forwards don't win you the comp. Decent halves win you the comp. Have a look at the pack of forwards the Tigers won the comp with (and i don't follow them). You numpty's aren't going to look like winning a comp without a decent 6 and 7 (plus a good hooker for that matter). But feel free to continue being delusional until then." (this is a good quote for bias fans, some here are, some aren't)

"I am a Dragons fan deluxe but Poore just hasn't got it. He clearly got Wayne Bennett's message when he said he was overpaid at $275,000. Smart move Eels, you've replaced a donk named Cayless with Poore who is more of the same old, same old. Bennett should now focus on developing Dan Hunt and slot Poore onto the bench for the rest of the season. Poore should never have played Origin as he's only an average first grader." (from a dragons fan)

"350k for Justin Poore lol............no wonder Parra are at the tail end of the competition."

"Parra would be better off worrying about keeping albert kelly then throwing all that money at someone who I just cant see is worth it." (Brilliant quote)

Why don't you worry bout your team?
Your just dribbling and tbh its going in one ear and coming out another.
We have signed a couple of class players get over it and go comment on how over-rated more then 50% of the tigers pack is...

Ladmate

Bench
Why don't you worry bout your team?
Your just dribbling and tbh its going in one ear and coming out another.
We have signed a couple of class players get over it and go comment on how over-rated more then 50% of the tigers pack is...

Overpaid class players. Nothing you can say will change that.

If you wanna be like that, failures since 1986.

Bazal

Post Whore
The funniest thing about this Tigpies troll, is what some of his clubs nuffies are on :lol:

Latest posts