What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels team vs. Manly

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think the team at the end of the year will look something like this:

1. Hayne
2. Radradra
3. Tonga/Morgan
4. Hopoate
5. Toutai
6. Norman
7. Sandow
8. Mannah
9. Peats
10. Lussick
11. Tanginoa
12. Ma'u
13. Edwards

14. Whomever
15. Loko
16. Mossop
17. Paulo Jr

Obviously, that isn't allowing for injuries. And guys like Moimoi and Smith deserve some kind of send off. Maybe.

But that doesn't necessarily mean we should be making wholesale changes for next week.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think the team at the end of the year will look something like this:

1. Hayne
2. Radradra
3. Tonga/Morgan
4. Hopoate
5. Toutai
6. Norman
7. Sandow
8. Mannah
9. Peats
10. Lussick
11. Tanginoa
12. Ma'u
13. Edwards

14. Whomever
15. Loko
16. Mossop
17. Paulo Jr

Obviously, that isn't allowing for injuries. And guys like Moimoi and Smith deserve some kind of send off. Maybe.

But that doesn't necessarily mean we should be making wholesale changes for next week.

No 14 looks a good long term prospect :sarcasm:

Joely01

Bench
Pou what is with this hatred you have developed for Fui?
I actually thought he was doing some good runs last night, as well as rd1.

Also it's team V manly, not team for the end of the year ;-)

Don't rate Smith, Kelly, Toutai, Allgood, Joseph Paulo but the coach has stuck his neck out and put faith in them. So I don't think he will change the team drastically after one loss. I believe they deserve another chance also. Even though those players named are just terrible.

IFR33K

Coach

I'm a big fan of fui, but f**k me he was dominated. His play the balls are a disgrace. Surely he could get up a bit quicker.

hindy111

Post Whore
Who else is the top 25 POU?
our 17 plus the 9 you mentions is 26 minus-Manu-Edwards radradra means 2 other spots yeah?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I don't hate Fui, I just think he's past it. And the odd good run against a broken defensive line doesn't make up for the fact that he contributes little else.

He only made 20 tackles in 46 minutes. Joe Paulo cops heaps of shit but he at least made 35 tackles in 50 minutes. Plus he made only a couple of metres less than Fui in the same number of runs. He played the ball quicker and added a couple of offloads.

The team for the end of the year was to illustrate that we shouldn't be making wholesale changes after just one game.

Delboy

First Grade
Fui running the ball is OK! Play the ball and wrestling in defence is sub standard. Then you have Joseph Paulo, I have no idea how to describe what he offers

Sandow should be a shoe in, but coaches rarely admit errors early in the season. B Smith is a servant, and should be serving drinks at half time

hindy111

Post Whore
MoiMoi is getting old.Maybe he can play a big game now and than but not very week.He should be limited to 25 mins a game off the bench.And rested every few games.

IFR33K

Coach
Fui running the ball is OK! Play the ball and wrestling in defence is sub standard. Then you have Joseph Paulo, I have no idea how to describe what he offers

Sandow should be a shoe in, but coaches rarely admit errors early in the season. B Smith is a servant, and should be serving drinks at half time

Maybe the answer for fui is off the bench. 20 minutes each half. His hit ups might be a bit more damaging, and could wrestle a little better.

I'd be happy if there's no Paulo named this week.

Joely01

Bench
There was one positive for the game last night, we kept SBW very quite. Great work in defense boys

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Arthur's just said on MMM that during tomorrow's video session we need to be 'honest' about the performance so maybe a bunch of merkins will get the arse?

Latest posts