What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Election 2012 PDRLFC

Tony Bongo

Bench
I wonder if it is possible for privacy reasons to have your name and address not listed on a "members list" that is circulated to another member but still be an eligible member?

There are heaps of members (hundreds of them in fact) on the list who have their name only with no address other than Australia. I thought this was quite odd actually. It would be surprising to have so many members with no where to live so maybe members can keep their addresses off the list?? There must be hundreds of people out there then that can answer this if that's the case.

eel4life

Juniors
This is awful news for fitzyfirst and especially the unofficial spokesperson jimmy from South Park

What do you have to say about it now jimmy?

BA HA HA AH HA HA

Hey i haven't had my question answered, WHY WAS A DRAGONS SUPPORTER RUNNING FOR THE BOARD ?????

i do not get it ... how has he got the best interest at heart ???

born an eel

Bench
The current admin still have hopes of moving the entire footy department over once the club like Souths don't need to rely on leagues club funding hence why Mr Edwards wants 20,000 members so its still a while off. It could be 5 years away that we crack that number.
is that what they are saying in private as their election material somewhat contradicts that
from the parra 4 ever - fact sheet
since we have been elected to the PDRL board, we have now had the opportunity to see why members decided back then to vote this way and we accept the unanimous decision. At this stage, we see no issues in keeping the current arrangement as it is. Unless the bulk of our members tell us there are inherent problems with the current arrangement, we do believe the Club should continue along the same path because having a PDRL board that is separate from the NRL and Toyota Cup sides has allowed for an even greater attention to be spent on our juniors and their development.........

Clearly the parra first ticket have failed to understand that having a strong Leagues club will always ensure that the funds directed to Football Club operations will NEVER be compromised. The "Parra First" ticket clai that the new TV broadcast deal negotiated by the NRL is enough to survive on because all clubs will get some cut out of the deal, however as we have already seen the NRL have not as yet been so forthcoming in directing those monetary funds back to the NRL club. For this reason, we must always work on the basis that oour club should never rely on NRL handouts to survive and prosper.
Unless our club decides to privatise like South's, the Warriors and the Newcastle Knights did where they are majority owned by extremely rich individuals, that is when you may not need to rely on a leagues club to survive. Our club is not in that position and nor does it want to be. In our view, the Parramatta Eels will always be and always should be a club owned by YOU THE MEMBERS!
So in order for us to remain a powerhouse, make no mistake that we must have a strong leahues club because it pretty much starts and ends there............

born an eel

Bench
There are heaps of members (hundreds of them in fact) on the list who have their name only with no address other than Australia. I thought this was quite odd actually. It would be surprising to have so many members with no where to live so maybe members can keep their addresses off the list?? There must be hundreds of people out there then that can answer this if that's the case.
if I remember correctly when getting season tickets only the main member's address details need to be entered as the tickets are sent to the one address for them to distribute

Tony Bongo

Bench
Good.
I wonder why his name wasn't on the members list though?

Suity

That's what I want to know. If he is a member, then how old is the list that myself and other candidates received? If it is an old list then how many of the addresses on that list are current? Can we take ourselves off the list for privacy reasons and if we can then why are we not all made aware of this?
The whole things raises more questions than it answers.

Tony Bongo

Bench
if I remember correctly when getting season tickets only the main member's address details need to be entered as the tickets are sent to the one address for them to distribute

I think that is the case for family memberships. Maybe EGS had a family membership and Junior was on that?

Kornstar

Coach
Done and dusted then.
He wouldn't lie about a thing like that.

Suity

Took a photo of his library card to prove it too.

Good.
I wonder why his name wasn't on the members list though?

Suity

Just wanted to say that my comment wasn't sarcastic in he slightest, I was just posting what he tweeted.

And from MITS post earlier about being an automatic member if you are a player, doesn't that mean he would have been a member for 8 years i.e. 2004 till 2012. Not disputing his membership, just an observation is all and how confusing it all is even for the players.......

Tony Bongo

Bench
You know what is really getting on my nerves, nospam46 including the Parra Fitzy Wankers as Stagger pointed out are going on and on about voting numbers and that the current admin has a lot of friends including myself who stick by them.

Little do these dopes on nospam46 realise, it was bloody hard to vote out the previous admin for so many years cause football club memberships were not as common as they are today.

If it wasn't for MITS, Stagger, Jess and Helen, I wouldn't even know that there was a $20 football club membership.

The current admin are trying to boost the amount of football club memberships so they decided to add it to BGA members and season ticket holders. Numbers have gone up and it's now become more noticeable.

The current admin still have hopes of moving the entire footy department over once the club like Souths don't need to rely on leagues club funding hence why Mr Edwards wants 20,000 members so its still a while off. It could be 5 years away that we crack that number.

They need to seriously let go of the fact they lost and move forward and start supporting the club rather bagging it.

EGJ has already tweeted that he has been a member for 4 years anyway.

Have you done the maths on how much $20 x 20000 is? It's 400k.
How much does the Leagues Club give to the NRL team at the moment and how much does it cost to process a $20 membership plus give everyone a $30 cap?
Also I couldn't care less what EGJ tweeted and I hope he is right and our members don't have to go to the polls again, but I still want to know why he wasn't on the list that ALL the candidates were given.

oldmancraigy

Coach
is that what they are saying in private as their election material somewhat contradicts that

Does it really contradict it?

Doesn't the word you highlight just fall in sentence that backs up the position that Jodeci stated??!!??
Ie: they will NEVER allow the football club funding to be compromised.

This does not mean that the football club shouldn't be looking to fully fund itself - but it may well mean that the arrangement is set up in such a fashion that the leagues club is a 'fall back' and the FC does better than break even, year on year.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Have you done the maths on how much $20 x 20000 is? It's 400k.
How much does the Leagues Club give to the NRL team at the moment and how much does it cost to process a $20 membership plus give everyone a $30 cap?
Also I couldn't care less what EGJ tweeted and I hope he is right and our members don't have to go to the polls again, but I still want to know why he wasn't on the list that ALL the candidates were given.

I think they just gave you a fake list to try and irritate you.

Seems to have worked?

born an eel

Bench
Does it really contradict it?

Doesn't the word you highlight just fall in sentence that backs up the position that Jodeci stated??!!??
Ie: they will NEVER allow the football club funding to be compromised.

This does not mean that the football club shouldn't be looking to fully fund itself - but it may well mean that the arrangement is set up in such a fashion that the leagues club is a 'fall back' and the FC does better than break even, year on year.
I never highlighted it, it was as it was written.

Jodeci argument was that parra4ever wanted the NRL side to eventually be run by the PDRLC, while it may as you said fund itself they do not intend on changing the arrangement unless a majority of fans jump up and down. The Leagues will continue to run the NRL side.