What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elimination Final - Roosters vs Rabbitohs: Sunday 11th September 4:05pm @Allianz Stadium

Rabbits20

Immortal
545F1112-FB7A-484D-A19F-521D69C0F7DF.png

View attachment 230

Well the regular season is over it’s been a roller coaster but the boys have managed to finish 7th and we get a chance to knock those filthy rotten scummy Rorters out!

We need our members and fans to all turn out in force next Sunday at 4pm let’s turn Allianz into a sea of red and green scream our lungs out, clap our hands red raw and urge the boys home!

We were outnumbered the other night let’s make sure we do not let the Rorters outnumber us again!

Everyone get your tickets tomrrow and Tuesday! LETS f**kING GO

Last edited by a moderator:

callmack1

Staff member
This is it. That's right, this is it. This is the moment, the business end of the Season. The moment where the outcome is decided by moments. This is what we have been working all year for. We're there and we deserve to be. Every win, every loss, every bit of joy, every bit of heartbreak, every moment over this Season years has led to this, to the 2022 NRL Telstra Premiership Finals Series. That's right, Finals Footy is here and its business time.

The stakes could literally not be any higher as we take on our arch-rivals once again, the Roosters, in an Elimination Final on Sunday afternoon. It doesn't get much bigger than that for a Finals game that's for sure. Sudden-death Footy for two teams who absolutely hate each other. In fact, that is not even a strong enough word to describe how I feel, how our club feels, about these wankers from Bondi. I find it hard to put into words my hatred for them. There's certainly no love lost right now, in fact, I don't think the animosity between our two clubs has ever been more intense than it is right now. When you consider everything that's happened between us in the past two years, and now throw in the fact this is Finals, the animosity has never been greater.

This is tough to say because I do despise them, but you do have to admit, the Roosters have a good side and are no doubt one of the form teams of the competition. Beating them this week to progress is going to be a massive challenge and it's going to take everything we can muster. They got us last week, but I feel we really kept our powder dry in that one and this week will be completely different. Hopefully that result lulls them into a false sense of security and they come in overconfident and arrogant. They do have stars all across the park that we need to do a better job on, but I think the main battle comes through the middle. We were belted through there on Friday, and we can't afford to do that again with everything on the line. Get physical, lift your levels and we can win that battle. Do that, and it will go a long way to us progressing.

For us, it's about finally putting it all together and not holding back. As I said before, I think we held back last week and well, now is the time to explode. It's Finals time, there's no second chances, so we need to go out there and go hard. I'm confident that on our day, if we get it right, no one can beat us, and we can give this comp a real shake. It's just a matter of whether we beat ourselves. Senior players need to stand up, particularly Latrell in his first ever Finals game for Souths. He is the key; he can carry us to glory if he wants to. I'm also looking for more physicality and more emotion this time out. It's fair to say we were pretty flat, hopefully by design last week but now is the time to unleash the beast. We need to be up for this emotionally too, not over-do it, but play with emotion as we always should against the Chooks. As I said, it's going to be a big challenge, but we can do it!

I'd love nothing more than to knock our neighbors out and give them a big up yours!! Whatever happens, another chapter in the Book of Feuds will be written and 114 years of hate and animosity will grow even stronger. Let's goooooo!!

I guessed the Easts one but missed 4 tix in Souths bay but am in the one next to it. Wanted the freebie flags that came from sitting in that bay.

'Typical Roosters' - Why the booing of Latrell Mitchell will be quieter: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ty...mitchell-will-be-quieter-20220903-p5bf45.html

Well, after what happened with tickets today, I'm not sure this will be the case now. What a disgrace,

Rabbitohs fans fuming over Finals ticketing error: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/south-...er-error/1408041d-15c2-468a-a1ca-f3068335ac68

Only thing with the ticketing snafu, the comment in the WWOS article about seating on the 50 metre line, as a Roosters member, I couldn't get seating there either. So it wasn't just Souths fans it effected us both in that regard.

Also I would blame the NRL for the issue, as they handle ticketing arrangements for finals games, not the clubs involved. They clubs would just forward on what they were supplied with by the NRL.

Yeah.
The club emailed to apologise etc.
It’s actually happened before once where the password was incorrect.
I don’t blame the clubs. I’m just lucky I guessed the roosters version as I got my tickets probably ten minutes before the correct Souths one was emailed to me.

Rabbits20

Immortal
The apology from the NRL doesn’t cut it unacceptable getting it so wrong and many Souths members were disadvantaged and lots of good seats gone and families ended up having to get tickets in a bay they didn’t want!

callmack1

Staff member
Captain sensible - Murray's plan to 'play smarter' in big games: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/09/05/captain-sensible-murrays-plan-to-play-smarter-in-big-games/

Chill pills the key for Murray to avoid more first-tackle head knocks: https://amp.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/re...s-over-ticketing-blunder-20220905-p5bfhw.html

From Zero Tackle,

Murray provides update on concussion recovery

South Sydney Rabbitohs captain Cameron Murray has confirmed he has every intention of playing this weekend in the club's elimination final against the Sydney Roosters.

His participation in the fixture was thrown into doubt by a concussion that he sustained during the second play of last Friday's Round 25 loss to the Sydney Roosters.

The eight-day turnaround has likely helped Murray's cause, with it being his second concussion of the year after he was knockout out of the State of Origin decider in the opening minutes.

Still, he has passed through concussion protocols as quickly as it's possible to do so and is set to return to light duties with the men from Redfern tomorrow.

Speaking at the NRL finals launch on Monday morning, Murray said he "felt good."

"I feel good. I've had a couple days to chill out now so I feel good today," Murray told AAP.

"The long turnaround helps.

"There's not much you can do with these types of things. There's a lot out of your control.

"So you just got to hope and pray that you feel alright. I've just been manifesting, trying to believe it into reality."

The South Sydney captain has been pivotal for his team throughout the season and will look to play a big role in Sunday's elimination clash against the arch rivals.

Murray has longer-term problems to worry about with concussions, and said he believes he can get on top of the issues.

"There's a little bit of a trend now," Murray said.

"I've just been a little bit overexcited. A little bit reckless with my technique and stuff like that.

"So I just need to fix that up. I'm confident I can do it. I've done it before.

"You've just got to chill out a little bit. You're a little bit hyped when it comes at the start of the game. So just something to look at."

callmack1

Staff member
This is what Crawley has said about it,

A ROTTEN LOOK FOR THE GAME

It will be a terrible look given the spotlight on concussion injuries if South Sydney’s inspirational skipper Cameron Murray takes the field for the return grudge match against the Sydney Roosters.

The way Murray face planted into the Allianz Stadium turf after getting his head in the wrong position while attempting to tackle Kevin Naiqama was sickening.

But now we’re told Murray woke on Saturday with “full memory” and showing “zero concussion symptoms”.

It’s worth pointing out it was Murray’s fourth heavy knock in the past two months, two of those diagnosed concussions.

He also had one in last year’s grand final when he was smashed by teammate Junior Tatola in the very first tackle.

On that occasion Murray stayed on the field, even though it was blatantly obvious to all watching the TV replays that Murray was stumbling.

The fact Murray attended the post match press conference on Friday night was seen as a positive sign, although it has also raised questions if it was intentionally about setting the agenda for the week.

This is certainly not about accusing the Rabbitohs of any neglect because Murray will have to undergo an independent assessment to get the all clear.

But the fact Murray is even allowed to be under consideration surely raises some concerns about the NRL’s concussion protocols.

In boxing there is a mandatory three month stand down when a fighter goes down like Murray did.

callmack1

Staff member
Here's my predicted line up for the Elimination Final against the Roosters,

1. Mitchell
2. Johnston
3. Tass
4. Graham
5. Milne
6. Walker
7. Ilias
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Sele
11. Koloamatangi
12. Arrow
13. Murray (C)

14. Nikorima
15. Nicholls
16. Havili
17. Burgess

Will be great to hopefully have Graham, Cook and Murray back!! The side will be mostly unchanged, but I think Sele needs to start as Tom is far more effective off the bench. Milne retains his wing spot after his brilliance last week.

Can see JD keeping Nikorima in the side too. I don't necessarily agree with it, but this is what I think will happen.

Latest posts