What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 27 - Rabbitohs vs Roosters: Friday 1st September 8pm @Accor Stadium

Steenson123

Juniors
Well yous aid
As Geoff Toovey once famously said “there needs to be an investigation” !

Tonight’s result was a surer thing than the sun coming up tomorrow morning but I can never back against my team.

The biggest capitulation by a team in NRL history….
Well YOU said it. 4-9 in our last 13 after starting 8-3. Honestly Easts were IRRELEVANT for most of this season yet here we are Finito and behind a team that was poor most of the year. Further we defeated ALL TOP 4 squads while Easts were BELTED by almost all of them!!!.
Two assistant coaches were sacked recently and Walker assuredly stated he and Mitchell receive no preferential treatment.
Arrow looks a beaten up player, he looks done.
Taaffe is never going to be a FB yet Demetriou persisted and persisted. Ditto for him selecting Hawkins TWICE at 5/8 alongside Kennar against low teams.
Where are the new young talents? We hardly have any and again this is on the Head Coach!!

assess5

Juniors
So many errors, Walker threw two passes over the sideline, then looked disinterested for the rest of the night.
Cook was lost, the whole game like a stunned mullet no clue.
Taafe finally made a post contact metre - one metre. Then, he looked like he might make the try line and a Roosters guy grabbed him and he went off head injured.
Is Demtrwhatever still here next year?
I mean, the Roosters had nothing, absolutely nothing and still handled the Rabbits no problems. Even Cory Allen looked good. Thats how bad the Rabbits were.

What a disappointing year.

Steenson123

Juniors
At least you guys wont have to worry about losing another prelim.
That is not the point.
We defeated ALL TOP 4 squads and three by 13+.
Obviously we have been mismanaged and poorly coached during the 4-9 collapse. Poorly coached by a Novice.
This collapse is mainly on Demetriou.
Continual unforced errors, poor defense, no enthusiasm every game for 3 months. Most of these players will put very little into any off-season program run by a HC in over his head.

Steenson123

Juniors
Unf
So many errors, Walker threw two passes over the sideline, then looked disinterested for the rest of the night.
Cook was lost, the whole game like a stunned mullet no clue.
Taafe finally made a post contact metre - one metre. Then, he looked like he might make the try line and a Roosters guy grabbed him and he went off head injured.
Is Demtrwhatever still here next year?
I mean, the Roosters had nothing, absolutely nothing and still handled the Rabbits no problems. Even Cory Allen looked good. Thats how bad the Rabbits were.

What a disappointing year.
Unfortunately Demetewhatever is here for seasons to come!!
Just think: he has created the next Bulldogs and Dragons. And you are correct. Easts did little great and the quantum of UNFORCED ERRORS points to one thing: The Head Coach is a charismatic free dud who will drive the club into the dirt.

Eric the great

Juniors
Has been a disappointing second half of the season every team seem to put player from the Reggie’s into first grade and they star souths don’t seem to have the players to step up pressure now on coaching staff and we have a trip to Vegas next year to start the season so I really think it will stuff our season

soc123_au

Staff member
That is not the point.
Obviously we have been mismanaged and poorly coached during the 4-9 collapse. Poorly coached by a Novice.
Continual unforced errors, poor defense, no enthusiasm every game for 3 months. Most of these players will put very little into any off-season program run by a HC in over his head.
I was just being a dick, not insightful.

I think whoever mentioned ego pretty much nailed it. Too much reading their own press and believing they could just flick the switch and win the comp whenever they could be f**ked having a dig. You are right about the coach pretty much, his biggest job is to nip that thinking in the bud.

Runrabbit14

Juniors
That is not the point.
I am waiting for the spin on resting players throughout the season for the big games at the end of the year ???

We created our own little “Contiki Club”.

What a joke and this is what Sam B could not stand. For him to walk before the most important game of the season.

Gutted beyond words !!!!

Steenson123

Juniors
Hey guys where are you all calling me out ...on magic mushies or whatever. Well where are you ??
Think I'm stupid or a clown!
I know football and I know when the HC is done.
Seen it in NFL teams I follow and with SSFC.
Continual unforced errors, constant turnovers of the football slack play and poor defense are all portents that the squad needs a new HC. The Coach is done.
Even Ryan Carr would be better than Dopey Demetriou!! At least Carr got the lowly Dragons to play with aggression and spite to play with some heart and fire. Carr coaches with agg. We cannot say the same about our lazy layabouts or Demetriou for the past 3 months.

Eric the great

Juniors
We have players who just don’t improve they reach a level that’s not really first grade and then stay at that level Lachie for example just can’t go to the next level we need a half back that can take pressure off walker who can break up a defensive line like rorters halfback takes pressure off keary I don’t think tass is the answer to play on the wing next year either we are in for a long six months least graham will be able to fix his injury

hunters

Juniors
You can thank Fathead for another willing contribution to a lost season.

Stupid cheap shot donut eating flip.

He couldn’t give a f**k about Souths, it’s all about him.
What a load of crap, he was out injured for most of our slide. I have more question marks on Graham (great defensive centre my ass), Keaon and surely we start to phase out Cookie sometime next year. His service is ordinary and he just doesn't look like he knows what to do. Need a kicking coach urgently too or I'm going to start thinking Kyle Flanagan is a better option at 7!!

If there is a silver lining, perhaps this is a better wake up call then stumbling into the finals in 7th or 8th place and doing nothing from there.

What a load of crap, he was out injured for most of our slide. I have more question marks on Graham (great defensive centre my ass), Keaon and surely we start to phase out Cookie sometime next year. His service is ordinary and he just doesn't look like he knows what to do. Need a kicking coach urgently too or I'm going to start thinking Kyle Flanagan is a better option at 7!!

If there is a silver lining, perhaps this is a better wake up call than stumbling into the finals in 7th or 8th place and doing nothing from there.

He was out injured for most of your slide means the side goes better when he’s playing.

He’s not playing because he was suspended for harming and snotting Frizz when he didn’t have to.

He’s a selfish idiot.

Grogging on during his recovery, entitled prick and JD is on his knees to him and it seems Cody.

There’s no “Latrell” in the word “team”

Rusty has backed the wrong horse.

Last edited:
Losing to the roosters to miss a finals berth is about as bad as it gets in bunny world.

Good v Evil for you lot and the devil stands triumphant tonight.

They’ll live on this win for years.

Nick is cracking the champers, all the rooster old boys pissing on your backs telling you it’s raining.

It’s horrendous.

No greater indignity and humiliation can be suffered. Even by us spooning ratbags who dream of coming 16th.

Take comfort that their finals campaigns will be pretty short, nasty and brutal.

@callmack1, the pride of the mods, he will be f**king shattered.

You lads will need to gather around and look after him.

Last edited:
Lol no we won't.

Unlike souffs we don't hang our hats on winning this fixture. We have bigger fish to fry then celebrating for too long about beating a sub par team.
Fingers crossed behind your back!

Your evil heart is first rate.

No children to eat alive, visit the Souths forum and hate on.

ffs!