What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 27 - Rabbitohs vs Roosters: Friday 1st September 8pm @Accor Stadium

I do pop into here from time to time. Where, over the back half of the season, Demetriou didn't do a good job with your squad is sending an underperformer or two back to NSW cup for a week or two to iron out deficicencies in their game or regain form. Without Latrell in the side, Souths really needed Illias to step up, and he was ineffectual. He may have the makings of a first grade halfback, but even the best of them go through growing pains which require going back down for a few weeks to work out their kinks.

I don't know if he (i.e. Demteriou) was worried it might negatively effect team chemistry, especially when your side was hit with injuries, but persisting with players who were down on form for much of the season rarely is the way to go. That is what might have lead to an attitude of lack of effort within the certain squad members as they may not have felt the need to give 100% every week as they could see there were no real consequences for not giving their all.

Last edited:

Thumper

Juniors
What a disappointment the second half of that season was.
They all looked tired
We had a lot of forwards with long term leg injuries. So all there pre season work went out the window.
1. Trell. Needs to lose 10kgs
2. Johnston contributes nothing when Cody isn’t on.
3. Tass. Lost interest when Jack signed.
4. Graham. Played injured for 15 rounds.
5. Munro/ Thompson/ Milne. 2 can’t catch all can’t defend.
6. Cody. Was flat after origin.
7. Illias. Can only defend him for so long. If he doesn’t learn to kick and kick long he’s a waste of time.
8. Tatola. Injured all year. Never got going
9. Cookie. Always tries
10. Tom. Let him go to Warrington
11. Host/ chee kam. Weak links
12. Keaon. Same as Cody.
13. Skipper. Always tries. He looked cooked too
14. Arrow. Like tatola injured all year.
15. Tallis. Need to get those 10kgs off latrell
16 shaq. Was solid when he played.
17. Sele. Leaving who cares.
18. Davvy. Was ok when he played.
19. Saliva. Injured most of the year.
I watch Penrith storm and broncos play without their stars and they still turn out great performances. As soon as south’s have someone out they shit the bed.
Same thing happened to broncos last year with the fade out so i guess we can hold on to that during cricket season.

The sun has shined brightly on the bunnies for many seasons.

The great cycle of league turns another notch.

What will switch it back towards your 20th premiership?

I was skeptical about Wighton, but maybe he can help control Latrell.

Couldn’t control him at his 30th birthday didn’t they get arrested in canberra
Yeah, they are the good and best of mates.

Initially I thought Wighton he would be a bad distraction.

But Lats keeps on doing silly things on his own anyway.

So you need a circuit breaker or change of circumstances to help get Lats out of the misbehaviour rut.

I am sure there will be some holidaying times at the start, but hopefully some knuckling down.

The reports of a “deep review” are worrying if it’s going to prolong the apparent animosity.

As an avid SGI watcher, I know they haven’t recovered from their own review a few years ago.

@Gareth67 and I were anxious to see some kind of benefit extracted out of it, but it wasn’t to be.

In that case, there was an appeal to the DNA and essence of the club and the transmission of that to the players, but it didn’t materialise or if it did, it couldn’t improve the clubs fortunes. That was the one Gus volunteered to do. It was very dissatisfying.

So i think the review should be upbeat and meaningful with genuine solutions. Outsourced in confidence so people can speak their minds. Even if their perceptions are wrong, it’s good to know what they are thinking. No witch hunt. And please no spin that everything is fixed. Only time will answer that one.

It might be traumatic, but any review that doesn’t seek the opinions of Sam and John is half done and a farce. And for the good of Souths and their reputations, they should participate. Sam owes Souths a lot, you pulled his arse out of the fire many times. it’s not a one way street.

No Karening on.

I think John may be coaching the Tigers by mid 2024. He’s our insurance policy. Apparently we were trying to lure him away from you guys for awhile, so his departure is very fortunate for us as we see it. I think he’s our best option, much better that Benji. But we are slow learners unfortunately.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
It wasn’t meant to be and I knew it was all but over deep down well before I got to this game. The rot set in and we could not respond.

JD will be under enormous pressure next season that’s for sure.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Losing to the roosters to miss a finals berth is about as bad as it gets in bunny world.

Good v Evil for you lot and the devil stands triumphant tonight.

They’ll live on this win for years.

Nick is cracking the champers, all the rooster old boys pissing on your backs telling you it’s raining.

It’s horrendous.

No greater indignity and humiliation can be suffered. Even by us spooning ratbags who dream of coming 16th.

Take comfort that their finals campaigns will be pretty short, nasty and brutal.

@callmack1, the pride of the mods, he will be f**king shattered.

You lads will need to gather around and look after him.
Well we got them last season at the death they got us this season.

Callmack is ok we regularly send text messages to one another. He will be right.

blue bags

First Grade
What a disappointment the second half of that season was.
They all looked tired
We had a lot of forwards with long term leg injuries. So all there pre season work went out the window.
1. Trell. Needs to lose 10kgs
2. Johnston contributes nothing when Cody isn’t on.
3. Tass. Lost interest when Jack signed.
4. Graham. Played injured for 15 rounds.
5. Munro/ Thompson/ Milne. 2 can’t catch all can’t defend.
6. Cody. Was flat after origin.
7. Illias. Can only defend him for so long. If he doesn’t learn to kick and kick long he’s a waste of time.
8. Tatola. Injured all year. Never got going
9. Cookie. Always tries
10. Tom. Let him go to Warrington
11. Host/ chee kam. Weak links
12. Keaon. Same as Cody.
13. Skipper. Always tries. He looked cooked too
14. Arrow. Like tatola injured all year.
15. Tallis. Need to get those 10kgs off latrell
16 shaq. Was solid when he played.
17. Sele. Leaving who cares.
18. Davvy. Was ok when he played.
19. Saliva. Injured most of the year.
I watch Penrith storm and broncos play without their stars and they still turn out great performances. As soon as south’s have someone out they shit the bed.
Same thing happened to broncos last year with the fade out so i guess we can hold on to that during cricket season.
What about teamwork. Spirit. Heart
The Want's. The desire
Grittyness. Persivience