What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elimination Final - Roosters vs Rabbitohs: Sunday 11th September 4:05pm @Allianz Stadium

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Everyone on the team owns a piece of this, but IMO, aside from the bashings we dished out, Cody was outstanding, both in attack - waiting for his moments and space to deliver assassin like plays, but also very strong in defence.
Campbell was like Superman, the hits he was putting on their biggest thugs, and the hitups into the teeth of their thuggery, and carrying dudes. I reckon he's earned the label of one of the toughest.
Tom got targeted and hammered from the beginning of his game, but he channelled his brother Sam, and dished it back out with double helpings on top. He turned tide.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Tom Burgess MOM for mine. They were threatening to bully us early and he almost single handedly brought out his inner merkin and took them on. Tom was outstanding.
Hey brother, welcome back!
Yeah I just typed a post about him.
It was like watching Ben Te'o and the way he bashed the Rorters in the 2014 semi.
Tedesco was just collateral damage. Oh well........😎

Travitoh

First Grade
Hey brother, welcome back!
Yeah I just typed a post about him.
It was like watching Ben Te'o and the way he bashed the Rorters in the 2014 semi.
Tedesco was just collateral damage. Oh well........😎
Thanks bro. My initial thought was Sam v SBW but Te'o is a great shout. Tom changed the game. Even when he came back from the bin and ran through Glass Jaw Crichton, it pulled the team with him.

That was one hell of a game of footy. All my group chats were lighting up in admiration of the contest by neutrals. Even my partner and my sister were in awe and they don't usually care for sport at all. I couldn't take my eyes off the contest. Thoroughly enjoyed watching Latrell get cheeky too. He came up with some huge defensive plays when the game was on the line.

That win seals what i belive has been a good year considering the experience we lost and the obstacles we faced along the way.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Thanks bro. My initial thought was Sam v SBW but Te'o is a great shout. Tom changed the game. Even when he came back from the bin and ran through Glass Jaw Crichton, it pulled the team with him.

That was one hell of a game of footy. All my group chats were lighting up in admiration of the contest by neutrals. Even my partner and my sister were in awe and they don't usually care for sport at all. I couldn't take my eyes off the contest. Thoroughly enjoyed watching Latrell get cheeky too. He came up with some huge defensive plays when the game was on the line.

That win seals what i belive has been a good year considering the experience we lost and the obstacles we faced along the way.
"Glass Jaw Crighton" - I love it!
Totally agree. I has them pegged at 6-8th, and 1st rnd out. Considering the loss of their no1 playmaker, kicker, FG king and captain, Latrell out, what, 10-12 weeks and Campbell out, what, 8 weeks, loss of a HOF coach, replaced by a rookie - it was a damn good effort. Exceeded expectations.
And Illias is getting better, bit by bit, and Tass has been a really good find.
I'll definitely take that in what was supposed to be a "rebuilding" year.

Travitoh

First Grade
"Glass Jaw Crighton" - I love it!
Totally agree. I has them pegged at 6-8th, and 1st rnd out. Considering the loss of their no1 playmaker, kicker, FG king and captain, Latrell out, what, 10-12 weeks and Campbell out, what, 8 weeks, loss of a HOF coach, replaced by a rookie - it was a damn good effort. Exceeded expectations.
And Illias is getting better, bit by bit, and Tass has been a really good find.
I'll definitely take that in what was supposed to be a "rebuilding" year.
Ilias is growing into a good little player and Tass has been a hell of a find. I've been impressed by all the kids this year really. They've all shown than they can succeed i believe.

Agree, start of year i though top/final 6 would be a good result and we got it. I wouldn't have been too upset if we'd just missed the 8 given it's a transition year after the talent and leadership that we lost.

I know we play again next week but the next few years excite me.

Gareth67

First Grade
Great game and tremendous fighting spirit shown by your blokes . One of the most enjoyable games that I have watched for many a season .

You won both the fight and respect of those teams still remaining in the hunt for the silver trophy - well done !

Apologies gents , the page has jumped and unfortunately I have posted this on your injury thread .

Last edited:

Latest posts