What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eric Grothe Is No Good!!!!!

Fathead

Bench
Considering you did ask ... Hazem is always up for the game, Doesnt daydream. Is an excellent finisher. Hardly ever loses the ball. Can catch a high ball. and to add to all that is probably the best goalkicker the game has ever seen !

Hes a lot like Luke Patten. Very underrated except by the blokes he plays with.

Parra Guru

Coach
Fathead said:
One thing we have to agree on is that he probably will never reach his potential. If the club is willing to pay his X amount then good on him.

When hes on - there is no better ball runner around.

Absolutely agree and it's so disappointing.... It's been almost 8 years to the day that he made his debut and we're still left wondering when he's really going to turn it on.

In his defence though, in a way I don't think he's being used properly. His dummy half running is great, but it'd be so good to see a cut out ball go out his way and put him on the outside shoulder where he has some space to run.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Fathead said:
Actually Eela I was told that it was a little more than 250K ;-)

well the person I spoke to said it was a complete fabrication and flatly dismissed the fact that he was on about 250K, infact I didn't even raise the subject with him he just told me and found it rather amusing that people in the media were throwing that figure up in the papers.

Fathead

Bench
eelavation said:
well the person I spoke to said it was a complete fabrication and flatly dismissed the fact that he was on about 250K, infact I didn't even raise the subject with him he just told me and found it rather amusing that people in the media were throwing that figure up in the papers.

You may be right
I may be crazy

;-)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
join the bandwagon said:
Eric Grothe Jr. Worst defensive player in the NRL. Most clumsy player in the NRL.

Eric Grothe Jr is NO GOOD!
Did Eric run over your dog or something????? Almost as bad as Jay Jay with Tim Smith. That reminds me where is Jay Jay......................;-)

What did he do wrong? Let me tell ya that those tries that get let in down our right flank pretty much aren't his fault, at least most of the time.

Yes, he is known to be a bit slow on the turn and chase, but over the last few weeks he has quite simply been forced in field or forced to make decisions based on the fact that his inside men have moved first. If he stays on his man he would get blamed for letting the centre in, and if he comes in to cover the gap he gets blamed for letting the winner in.

Damned if you do, I guess...

And don't give me that SBW sh*t, either. It was a deliberate knock at the ball after Eric had read the kick quite well and defused a dangerous situation.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he showed pretty good hands to take that pass for his try last night

strider

Post Whore
benny has been making some bad decisions in defence of late - bad benny!!! ..... eric does make some bad decisions of his own, but he's still kicking arse

Parra Guru

Coach
join the bandwagon said:
Eric Grothe Jr. Worst defensive player in the NRL. Most clumsy player in the NRL.

Eric Grothe Jr is NO GOOD!

and you are just a dumb f*ck, can u just disappear for a while?

Utey

Coach
Finchy hasn't been helping either. The problems are more complicated than blaming it on Eric G.

Nikki

Coach
strider said:
benny has been making some bad decisions in defence of late - bad benny!!! ..... eric does make some bad decisions of his own, but he's still kicking arse

:lol: :lol: Not hard to tell who you sit with at the footy... "Bad Benny. Thats a bad, bad Benny"

Parra Guru

Coach
Utey said:
Finchy hasn't been helping either. The problems are more complicated than blaming it on Eric G.

I actually think Finch has been good in defence if that's what were talking here.

Benny had a rare bad night I thought on Friday..... going low on (I think Millard) right on the line was silly and drew Eric in to wrap up the ball, allowing the flick pass.

Utey

Coach
He has been when we are pushing up and he needs to make a one on one tackle. It's where he gets in a situation and gives his opposite too much room, he needs to really push up and cut the play off. Instead it makes Benny and Grothe look bad. Go back and watch the tapes and you'll see what I mean.

goboggo

Juniors
Utey said:
He has been when we are pushing up and he needs to make a one on one tackle. It's where he gets in a situation and gives his opposite too much room, he needs to really push up and cut the play off. Instead it makes Benny and Grothe look bad. Go back and watch the tapes and you'll see what I mean.

I disagree. I think there have been times that Ben has come in when Finch has had his man covered. It may look like his man is going to get around him, but they rarely, if ever, do. Ben needs to trust Finchy.

At the very least Finch will hold them till our backrowers - who are never far away - get there.

strider

Post Whore
i'm wondering if we are being coached a bit different in defence or something lately .... cos earlier this year Bens side of the field was as safe as a bank .... but now he seems to try and rush .... I wonder if they have been trying to go a bit more up and in and its not really working ..... I think it was better when they hung back a bit ..... i dunno - maybe i am talking sh*t? :lol: