What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eric Grothe Is No Good!!!!!

Utey

Coach
They are certainly holding a different defensive pattern. Previously in the year, they pushed up in a line and just about nothing got past them.

Seems like they've been told to stick back and slide, but the opposition simply gets numbers across and creates the overlap.

Up and in defense doesn't suit well for finals games, a weakness of a Brian Smith coached side IMO. Sticking back when suited and knowing when to come in, thats what wins GF's.

Parra Guru

Coach
it's catch 22 aswell.... eric is defending great and on the other hand the inside boys are struggling

neeknitsuj

Juniors
Finch has been your best buy this year by far!!!!!!! Congratulations he has been playing exceptionally well. Krisnan Inu on the other hand has been playing terrible you guys should release him and send him over to the Roosters.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ok...

(1) That try-saving tackle against Souths at Parramatta this year.

(2) That crunching tackle on Fitzhenry in 2005 whereby he regathered the ball and scored a great try.

'Nuff said.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
neeknitsuj said:
Finch has been your best buy this year by far!!!!!!! Congratulations he has been playing exceptionally well. Krisnan Inu on the other hand has been playing terrible you guys should release him and send him over to the Roosters.
No.

Hellsy

Immortal
Hollywood Jesus said:
What did he do wrong? Let me tell ya that those tries that get let in down our right flank pretty much aren't his fault, at least most of the time.

Yes, he is known to be a bit slow on the turn and chase, but over the last few weeks he has quite simply been forced in field or forced to make decisions based on the fact that his inside men have moved first. If he stays on his man he would get blamed for letting the centre in, and if he comes in to cover the gap he gets blamed for letting the winner in.

Damned if you do, I guess...

And don't give me that SBW sh*t, either. It was a deliberate knock at the ball after Eric had read the kick quite well and defused a dangerous situation.

Well said :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Someone else mentioned it, but I actually blame Mateo. He is not communicating properly in defense, so Finchy is coming in to help, which pulls Benny in, which leaves Guruju isolated against more than one opponent to mark.

Hellsy

Immortal
Yup have noticed that to.

Defence is something the whole team have to gel on at the one time... or else tries are scored on us easily

Eelementary

Post Whore
And who cops the blame? Guruju. :fist:

I mean I love Mateo - sensational talent. But I just feel he needs to trust his defenders. Finchy has been on fire this year defensively - don't worry about him. Trust him. And the men defending inside Mateo are generally solid defensively, too.

So as soon as Finchy and Mateo gel in defense, I believe "Benric" will be sweet and people will stop blaming them so much.