What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Even this early, is there only 3 who can win?

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
That game was played at Kogarah against a Manly team that had half their squad missing due to injury and suspension. Last time Saints played a full strength Manly at Brookie they got smashed 24-6. Can't remember if it was 2009 or 2010.

Neither team was at full strength that night, it was 24 hours after the test match last year.

Round 23 2010
St George 32
Manly 10

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
We get a glimpse of the future with Boyd set to miss a few weeks.

Nightingale to fullback, Peni Tagive to wing? Bronx Goodwin?

Who knows. We've got plenty of options.

isaiah

Bench
Still early in the comp but you'd think the top 6 at the moment will go on and make the semi's.

I'm fairly confident that at a neutral venue both Melbourne and Manly would beat St.George comfortably.

Saints to choke in a real premiership race this year.

Manly or Melbourne to win it.

Broncos to put up a fair fight.

Bulldogs and Cowboys will ask a few questions but fall short.

Forget the rest bar a late surge like parra 2009.

funny you write off stg, its melb struggling for a home win as we speak

Noa

First Grade
storm are away nearly every week after the soo series.

We cant afford too drop these

thommo4pm

Coach
That game was played at Kogarah against a Manly team that had half their squad missing due to injury and suspension. Last time Saints played a full strength Manly at Brookie they got smashed 24-6. Can't remember if it was 2009 or 2010.

:lol:

How is Kogarah a neutral venue?
The game the other poster was referring too, about a "neutral ground" for a semi was the SFS, when Saints beat Manly 28-0.

And last year at Brookvale we had several players missing, and were hardly smashed.

Slackboy72

Coach
storm are away nearly every week after the soo series.

We cant afford too drop these

We're the opposite.
Dragons now have 11 of 17 at home from here on in.
To be 6 and 1 after only having one 'home' match in the first 7 weeks is unbelievable. :cool:
For that 1 loss to be at the hands of cronulla is also unbelievable. :oops:

BM1979

Juniors

How is Kogarah a neutral venue?
The game the other poster was referring too, about a "neutral ground" for a semi was the SFS, when Saints beat Manly 28-0.

And last year at Brookvale we had several players missing, and were hardly smashed.

When the Dragons are winning I assume the well played Illawarra argument , so if their not playing at WIN its neutral

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Missed this gem. Was 2010, and the Dragons were most certainly not full strength. My recollection had them losing Weyman and Nightingale pre-match, with a host of players backing up from 24hours earlier with CvC and Test duties.

But don't let facts get in the way of reality, eh?

Garts

Bench
Missed this gem. Was 2010, and the Dragons were most certainly not full strength. My recollection had them losing Weyman and Nightingale pre-match, with a host of players backing up from 24hours earlier with CvC and Test duties.

But don't let facts get in the way of reality, eh?

Think we had 5 backing up as well 2 teams Timmah.

Irrespective of that the last neutral semi was when we got towled up 28 to 0 in 2006. Kennedys last game.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Still early in the comp but you'd think the top 6 at the moment will go on and make the semi's.

I'm fairly confident that at a neutral venue both Melbourne and Manly would beat St.George comfortably.

Saints to choke in a real premiership race this year.

Manly or Melbourne to win it.

Broncos to put up a fair fight.

Bulldogs and Cowboys will ask a few questions but fall short.

Forget the rest bar a late surge like parra 2009.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Is this spastic for real??????

The Dragons were clearly the best side in 2010-deserved premiers capped off with a sensational finals series; no points conceded in any of the second halves. We have consistently beaten Manly for years, the rare losses being that finals loss in 08 and that abherration at Brookie (24-6) last season.

My god, I wonder how nuffies like this are allowed internet access.

BM1979

Juniors

The Dragons were clearly the best side in 2010-deserved premiers capped off with a sensational finals series; no points conceded in any of the second halves. We have consistently beaten Manly for years, the rare losses being that finals loss in 08 and that abherration at Brookie (24-6) last season.

What has any of that got to do with 2011, you do know he is allowed to have an opinion different to yours dont you.

seaeagle sam

St George Illawarra have beaten Manly 12 times in 17 meetings. You own us. But Manly own Illawarra with a 75% win rate so if you put just the Illawarra portion of your side against us we'd go all right I reckon.

Danny-Boy

Juniors

:lol: Still trying to figure out if you are either an illeterate moron or just a sensitive prick.

You seem a bit slow so take your time, read my comments and then read your response.....slowly now..slowly.....ah f**k it, IT'S A PREDICTION YOU TOOL.

Mong

Post Whore
Difficult to read past your claim they will choke given last years success with the premiership and wcc.

When are they going to choke exactly and what do you base your prediction that manly and melbourne will do them comfortably on?

Jason Maher

Immortal
St George Illawarra have beaten Manly 12 times in 17 meetings. You own us. But Manly own Illawarra with a 75% win rate so if you put just the Illawarra portion of your side against us we'd go all right I reckon.

Good one mate. Just about every team owned Illawarra over the 17 years we existed as a standalone entity. Not exactly something to crow about. We were almost as bad as Lol@Souffs have been the last 20 years.

Danny-Boy

Juniors
Difficult to read past your claim they will choke given last years success with the premiership and wcc.

When are they going to choke exactly and what do you base your prediction that manly and melbourne will do them comfortably on?

With full strength teams they both won comfortably in 2010. Given the chance come semi-final time this year at a neutral venue, I'd favour M & M's. Saints would crumble if they fell behind on the scoreboard.

Only a prediction, can't wait for this years semi's.

:lol::sarcasm::lol:

Illiterate...smart ass. :roll:

InThatNumber

Juniors
. Saints would crumble if they fell behind on the scoreboard.
You might want to revisit the major semi against the Tigers and the GF v the Roosters to see what the Dragons do when they fall behind in a big match. Won both under pressure, we'll be fine if we fall behind.