What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Even this early, is there only 3 who can win?

Danny-Boy

Juniors
You might want to revisit the major semi against the Tigers and the GF v the Roosters to see what the Dragons do when they fall behind in a big match. Won both under pressure, we'll be fine if we fall behind.

True.

I have to say, all the saints supporters have been great in this thread except for that one dimwit. :D

Mong

Post Whore
With full strength teams they both won comfortably in 2010. Given the chance come semi-final time this year at a neutral venue, I'd favour M & M's. Saints would crumble if they fell behind on the scoreboard.

Only a prediction, can't wait for this years semi's.

Illiterate...smart ass. :roll:

So it's a prediction based on hope and no actual fact to speak of?

Fair enough.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Melbourne I could believe. They truly own us, and probably still will, even with a team of nuffies and the Big Three. Manly, well they certainly got themselves fired up at Brookvale last year, but it was a performance they were unable to duplicate for the rest of the season, so I'm not too worried about a repeat. If you were arguing based on their good form thus far this year, well that's a different story.

seaeagle sam

:lol:

Good one mate. Just about every team owned Illawarra over the 17 years we existed as a standalone entity. Not exactly something to crow about. We were almost as bad as Lol@Souffs have been the last 20 years.

Illawarra do have a good over Souths and the Roosters. That's something to be happy about :)

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Without the massive assistance by My Archer the Roosters would be 2010 premiers.

The Dragons just seem to be able to get the big calls, same as Melbourne. But when it comes down to a tight contest in a finals game I would think the Dragons would come out on top. The only way I could see anyone beating the Dragons would be if it was Melbourne or if the Dragons get blown away early because if they are within range in the last quarter of the match, they would win a large percentage of the time.

thommo4pm

Coach
Without the massive assistance by My Archer the Roosters would be 2010 premiers.

The Dragons just seem to be able to get the big calls, same as Melbourne. But when it comes down to a tight contest in a finals game I would think the Dragons would come out on top. The only way I could see anyone beating the Dragons would be if it was Melbourne or if the Dragons get blown away early because if they are within range in the last quarter of the match, they would win a large percentage of the time.

I love how Archer won the 2nd half 26-0 last year in the GF.

juanfarkall

Coach
Not sure why anyone is suggesting that Saints are one of the three.
Renowned Social Commentator and Rugby League expert Mark Geyer made a statement recently that they woud not make the eight.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If I recall correctly he retracted the statement 6 days later when the Dragons beat the Warriors...

Hutty1986

Immortal
True.

I have to say, all the saints supporters have been great in this thread except for that one dimwit. :D

Nothing dimwitted about it, you're the one throwing around biased statements. The Saints have an excellent record against Manly and while they are a quality side and capable of knocking off anyone on their day, a team like the Storm on their day would be just as capable of knocking us off (as shown by their incredible record v the Dragons)

As for Archer winning the Chooks the GF :lol::lol: One bad call each directly leading to tries for both sides (Gasnier's try and Anasta's try) and Saints thoroughly outplayed the Roosters in the second half to deservedly win the game.

isaiah

Bench
With full strength teams they both won comfortably in 2010. Given the chance come semi-final time this year at a neutral venue, I'd favour M & M's. Saints would crumble if they fell behind on the scoreboard.

Only a prediction, can't wait for this years semi's.

Illiterate...smart ass. :roll:

broncs outclassing bulldogs last night adds to their pedigree for finals success

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Bloody broncos, ruining everyones lives again! One last massive effort for darren of lockyer is what it smells like from here.

ONe thing though, if they get a few injuries and take a bad loss will all the young blokes crumble under the pressure?

eaglefan64

Juniors
As a Manly fan I would like to think we had
a chance to win the comp, but realistically
know it wont happen this year. We have
overachieved at this point and even though
we will give it our best we will struggle to
beat the top sides.
Anyway the side I think will win it is the tigers.
Once they have their full strength side back
they will be hard to stop in attack and their
defense will get better as the season
progresses

isaiah

Bench
Bloody broncos, ruining everyones lives again! One last massive effort for darren of lockyer is what it smells like from here.

ONe thing though, if they get a few injuries and take a bad loss will all the young blokes crumble under the pressure?

i think we can cover a few injuries. we have had a few already, having used about 25 players, and all seem to be up to nrl standard.

not as if the same 17 have won 7 straight and we have no depth, mitchell frei has yet to be trotted out

RedVDave

First Grade
Way to early in the seaon to be talking up or writing off anyone just yet, anything can happend in regards to SOO, injuries, some board decision that pisses of the whole club, coach sacked mid-season etc.

it's still up in the air as far as I am concerned.

LunarPark

Juniors
I wouldn't say there's only 3 teams that can win it but there's at least 3 or 4 teams already who won't be winning it. Broncos will hit a bad patch at some point, probably when they get a few injuries.

And of course as usual someone will make a late run, be bigged up by the media and then fail epically.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

The big difference from the Broncos of 2011 and previous years is
1) No Wayne Bennett
2) A group of younger players who have less big match experience than that of Broncos teams of the past

They'll make the 8 but I believe will falll short of the big one. Warriors are my dark horse this year.

bottle

Coach
Game was gone by then. It is the momentum swings in the first half that decided that game.

Absolutely right. Roosters had a possession and territorial advantage in the first half but couldn't overcome a superior defence. That defence swung the momentum in Saints favour, Roosters had nothing left in the second half. Class won the day.