What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expected crowds for the tournament

thommo4pm

Coach
Back on topic,
3 venues are sold out, 62000 tickets sold for the final, 50,000 sold for Wembley and other venues selling well with around 40,000 people a day visiting the official world cup website.

Let's enjoy our sports time in the limelight instead of resorting to petty cheap shots

Agree, great crowds looming by the looks of it. :D

Harrigan

Juniors
Just been told by someone sat next to me(who has previously been mentioned on this thread as a good source by someone else) 68,000 have been sold for the final,

Avignon have now sold those 15 tickets to sell out

46,000 at Cardiff next week.

Close to 8,000 sold for both Workington games too.

newman

First Grade
Just been told by someone sat next to me(who has previously been mentioned on this thread as a good source by someone else) 68,000 have been sold for the final,

Avignon have now sold those 15 tickets to sell out

46,000 at Cardiff next week.

Close to 8,000 sold for both Workington games too.

Ticket sales have been fantastic and you have to tip your hat to the marketing team, but only 46k for the opening ceremony? Millenium stadium with a capacity @ 70k will look half empty.

hutch

First Grade
Ticket sales have been fantastic and you have to tip your hat to the marketing team, but only 46k for the opening ceremony? Millenium stadium with a capacity @ 70k will look half empty.

Or half full depending on how you look at things. Either way, it will be bigger than Sydney in 2008 and by far the biggest international rugby league crowd in Wales.

newman

First Grade
Or half full depending on how you look at things. Either way, it will be bigger than Sydney in 2008 and by far the biggest international rugby league crowd in Wales.

Half full/half empty I'm not fussed. I'm perplexed at why they would've picked such a gigantic venue. 40k in plenty of other stadiums could have been sensational.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Half full/half empty I'm not fussed. I'm perplexed at why they would've picked such a gigantic venue. 40k in plenty of other stadiums could have been sensational.

After the 2000 WC, the RFL thought it cheaper to hire out a stadium with a roof instead of building every supporter an arc.

Harrigan

Juniors

Actually, if you want me to be pedantic it'll actually look about 63.448% full. ;-)

That's with a weeks worth of tickets still to go. If they can get it to around the 70% mark (around 50k tickets) then I think it'll look pretty good on TV.

Springs

First Grade
It will likely be bigger than any crowd in the 2000 and 2008 tournaments, the biggest crowd for league in Wales and the biggest crowd to an England international since the end of the Kangaroo Tours.

I cannot see how a 50,000 crowd could possibly be a failure.

deluded pom?

Coach

You'd need to be psychic to know how big the venue needed to be before a ticket has been sold. Isn't it better to be able to accommodate the audience that does want to turn up rather than turning potentially ten thousand people away?

Last edited:

newman

First Grade
It will likely be bigger than any crowd in the 2000 and 2008 tournaments, the biggest crowd for league in Wales and the biggest crowd to an England international since the end of the Kangaroo Tours.

I cannot see how a 50,000 crowd could possibly be a failure.

When you put it like that..... I'll shut up then.

Latest posts