What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

f**k Off Extra Time

Do you like having extra time in the NRL?

• Total voters

Master Vippo

Juniors
I like having a draw, i think at the end of 80 mins, one point each is fair enough.

Though i like excitement of watching it.

Hedging bets a bit there, but i think my anti-GP side won out since i voted against it.

Iafeta

Referee
eels_fan_01 said:
You say a ref can decide golden point but there is no different if its 20 all with 2 mins to go and he awards a try that was a knock on etc so theres no different.

The final 5 mins of a 20 all match is a field goal shoot out aswell, so your points why dont like it happen in every game.

You're right, the ref can decide a game in 80 minutes. The chances are great he can blow a game.

But now you want to give him 90 potential minutes to f**k it up? :lol::lol: It's like an alco, yeah, he can get smashed off 24 Tooheys New, but could it be worse if you gave him 50? I reckon so.

Iafeta

Referee
fourplay said:
^^^

People would not even be talking about the roosters/warriors game if it didn't go to golden point, we would of already forgotten about it.

Exactly... even Wayne Bennett can't help but jump up and down during a golden point win, such is the intensity and excitement of it and the feeling of jubilation and triumph that comes with a golden point victory.

Look at the Sharks fans in the crowd after the field goal on Sat night vs the eels, do you really want to take that away from the game ? and replace it with a boring draw ?

The first 80 minutes of that game was quality. If people weren't talking about it, tough sh!t, the people that were there know different as do the 34 players. I don't think rugby league is in that sad a state that we need to find an artificial stimulator for it. From what you are saying, you're making golden point sound like a dildo, and quite frankly, all the ladies I've known prefer the real thing.

Golden point is sh*t. Further americanisation of the game.
80 minutes is enough, if the team's have battled it out for 80 and can't be separated then a point each is enough

Monk

Referee
idk... ask the players....
they are the ones playing...
Gp is lyk a taste o finals footy...
even for the sharkies...

plus every one loves it... espesially the players....
if your playing and your six or four or one behind you dont think
" lets get (however manny points) to get a draw"
you think
" lets get the points to get to Extra time"
its become a part of our game... if u cant hold out 4 GP, your fault

keep it...

In theory I don't support it because it's not consistent, but...

I've found myself enjoying the exta few minutes of the recent games. A close game is a good one and the first scorer wins nature gives the end of the game a really intense atmosphere. In fact a close finish can turn an average game into a good one and we need more good games after a season of fairly uninspiring footy. Plus the people who cry about it are usually the ones who have just lost a game in golden point. It's called sour grapes.

ozbash

Referee
no , a draw is a result. the warriors and roosters got a point each a couple of weeks back with the result of that game,, a draw !!

brooksy19

Bench
Hate it.

5 mins each way.

What other sport in the world uses this ridiculous method of determining a winner after a tied score at regulation time.

Soccer ? No
NFL? No
AFL? No
Rugby? No
NBA? No

f**k it off.

eels_fan_01

Bench
brooksy19 said:
Hate it.

5 mins each way.

What other sport in the world uses this ridiculous method of determining a winner after a tied score at regulation time.

Soccer ? No
NFL? No
AFL? No
Rugby? No
NBA? No

f**k it off.

That is the reason they brought it in you halfwitt, an edge on other sports.

ozbash

Referee

an edge ?

Iafeta

Referee
eels_fan_01 said:
In your opinion.

If a draw is indeed a result then there would be draws in finals.

That's drawing a very long bow, and you are so misinterpreting ozbash's comments its not funny.

A draw is a fair result in normal r1-r25 competition. In fact, I'm sure I see a column for it in the NRL table. That's because there's no need to split the two teams, because they can live to fight another day and it's a turbo drive for the top 8 spots.

In the finals, of course you need a separator. That's how the thing works. Both team can't advance. It isn't like professional wrestling where in a tournament you book in a mandatory draw to get both men through for another week of scripted action.

I agree with a comment above, caught the eye of the focus of this perfectly. It's Americanisation. Quite frankly, our game p!sses all over their games before we circumvent the wheel to be more like the dawgs up north.

Iafeta

Referee
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
soccer used to use golden goal for some time. you can't compare it though since it's the only scoring method

Absolutely. In soccer, there is one form of scoring. A goal. In league, there's drop goal, penalty goal, try, conversion. A drop goal is a basic form of scoring, you'd hate to see your whole season go by the wayside because of one in artificial extra time.

Iafeta

Referee
eels_fan_01 said:

Yeah, like we needed it. If this isn't the best sport going already, you're tugging yourself.

Latest posts