What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fantasy Leagues

aussies1st

Staff member
Sorry guys just remembered I have to do something Wednesday at 6pm, I'll be online before then so hopefully can get some of my picks out of the way. Should be back around 8.30pm though.

Franko

Juniors
1. How NRLCEO works is that if you have coaches who know what they are doing then all teams should be fairly even on paper. Then it is just up to who performs each week. Obviously some teams will be stronger due to coaches knowing players better in terms of scoring potential but generally, coaches will pick these types of players first up in the draft. The talent therefore ghets spread across all teams.

2. It is up to the individual coach to draw up a list of players they want. However, you won't get your top 25 because other coaches will take them in their draft pick before it is your turn so you will need some back up players in case. eg Brett Stewart scores plenty of tries so will be one of the first backs picked....Sometimes you may have to impulse buy depending on who is left....

3. I have played NRLCEO for 6 years and am one of the founding members with Cappo - I say this only to let you know that in my opinion, good goal kickers are great for a team. However, the key for a coach is to try and forecast which team will give their kicker the most opportunities to kick points throughout the whole season....Of course if you like you can cut a kicker but with 12 teams in the comp, your options may be limited....

4. And finally, transferring players (called cutting and recruiting players) can be an intense time. How NRLCEO works is that the site locks come Friday afternoon 6pm so no one can make any changes to their squads over the weekends. Teams must obviously be locked in before this time. When the site unlocks after the Monday Night Game (about 9.30pm), coaches are free to cut and recruit any available players until the next lock out time (on the next Friday). If a player (like Jordan Atkins last year) has a massive weekend and no coach has him, you will find that the race will be on to sign him on Monday Night when the site unlocks.

Hope this helps.....

Sorry this has probably already been asked. But are you able to only pick one goal kicker per game? And if you have say Orford as a kicker he also plays as the half back yes?

aussies1st

Staff member
Sorry this has probably already been asked. But are you able to only pick one goal kicker per game? And if you have say Orford as a kicker he also plays as the half back yes?

Yea only the one, don't know if they have a reserve goal kicker option for when the main kicker doesn't kick. You pick 17 players and then choose a goal kicker from that lot.

briggsy1980

Juniors
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko

Yea only the one, don't know if they have a reserve goal kicker option for when the main kicker doesn't kick. You pick 17 players and then choose a goal kicker from that lot.

Hi guys - i have been playing NRLCEO for a few years now. With your kicker you are only allowed ONE kicker per round which you must nominate when you name your team. The kicker is named in his playing position (ie Orford at halfback) then you select him as your kicker. IF you do have another kicker named in your side but he is not your nominated kicker - he can not score you kicking points.
If your kicker is out due to injury or doesn't kick etc and you have named him as your kicker, thats bad luck.
I hope this helps.

griffo346

First Grade
so briggsy its best to name ur kickers in ur short list in the positions in the short list
so orford in both lists kicker and halfback

Monk

Referee
how do i make it so that a player gets automatically picked by my team if my pick comes up before i get home?