What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah or Buderus?

Farah or Buderus

• Total voters

Balmain_Boy

Looking into the past is silly when Farah is only new to the game. It means there's no point in even bothering to do a comparison. Fact is that last year if he didn't, then Farah went very close to outplaying Buderus. In his 4 games this year he's been quality again, earning mom in 2 of them.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Balmain_Boy said:
Looking into the past is silly when Farah is only new to the game. It means there's no point in even bothering to do a comparison. Fact is that last year if he didn't, then Farah went very close to outplaying Buderus. In his 4 games this year he's been quality again, earning mom in 2 of them.

In the end longevity, plays a vital factor in analysing players. This is why I also believe Smith is better. Smith has done it at Origin level-something Farah is yet to do and has performed for longer. Farah is good and he is as good as Aaron Payne in terms of attacking flair but he is not as good as Buderus or Smith.

aqua_duck

Coach
Longevity is vital because you really can't take consistency for granted. Whenj Braith Anasta first came into the NRL who thought he was going to be an absolute superstar? I'll admit I did. % years on and he's done very little since.

Balmain_Boy

Well I don't think longevity should be taken into account until the conclusion of a career. Otherwise there is no point in ever making a comparison. The way I see it, the question should be who is playing better footy. At this stage Farah is doing things Buderus has NEVER been able to do.

Braith Anasta's problem isn't consistency. It's that he hasn't improved from when people thought he'd be an absolute superstar. It's not like he's gone backwards, just not forwards.

As for Payne being better than Farah, that's a laugh.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Balmain_Boy said:
Well I don't think longevity should be taken into account until the conclusion of a career. Otherwise there is no point in ever making a comparison. The way I see it, the question should be who is playing better footy. At this stage Farah is doing things Buderus has NEVER been able to do.

As for Payne being better than Farah, that's a laugh.

Longevity is important as people will rate someone who has done it for longer. Plus in my view I will always take a hooker that is probally a little less dominant in attack and who does not miss a tackle (Buderus) to Farah who is the opposite. Not saying he is not a good player, but Buderus has been Australia's hooker for 6 years and you want to say someone who is yet to even play Origin is better! As for Payne he is as good as Farah, I suggest you watch some Cowboys games!:D

aqua_duck

Coach
I don't think anyone is denying Farah can do things danny can't do but Owen Craigie could do alot of thing on a football field that no one else could, do you see my point?

Eddie.

Bench
aqua_duck said:
I don't think anyone is denying Farah can do things danny can't do but Owen Craigie could do alot of thing on a football field that no one else could, do you see my point?

No.

lockyno1

Post Whore
aqua_duck said:

I agree and at the start of his career, Owen was labelled as the "next big thing"! :lol:

Balmain_Boy

lockyno1 said:
Longevity is important as people will rate someone who has done it for longer. Plus in my view I will always take a hooker that is probally a little less dominant in attack and who does not miss a tackle (Buderus) to Farah who is the opposite. Not saying he is not a good player, but Buderus has been Australia's hooker for 6 years and you want to say someone who is yet to even play Origin is better! As for Payne he is as good as Farah, I suggest you watch some Cowboys games!:D

Obviously they'll rate higher. But it should be excluded where on player has not had the chance to do it for as long, as in Farah's case. Either that or don't bother comparing them at all.

Payne is not as good as Farah. But you're ridiculously biased toward QLD, so an appraisal by that Farah is as good as Payne suggests in reality he is far better.

Balmain_Boy said:
When was Craigie ever in the top handful of player in his postion? Useless, useless point.

Finals series 1997!

I have no recollection of him doing anything during the next few years. He was dropped to reserves during 99' before coming to WT.

He was one of the best chippers around.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Balmain_Boy said:
Obviously they'll rate higher. But it should be excluded where on player has not had the chance to do it for as long, as in Farah's case. Either that or don't bother comparing them at all.

Payne is not as good as Farah. But you're ridiculously biased toward QLD, so an appraisal by that Farah is as good as Payne suggests in reality he is far better.

You are the one that started this pointless thread not me. My opinions are that it is pointless even comparing them. 6 yrs down the track and then we'll see how Farah goes. My bet is that Smith will be the no9 not Farah.:D

aqua_duck

Coach
Balmain_Boy said:
When was Craigie ever in the top handful of player in his postion? Useless, useless point.
Despite his hungry jacks antics Owen was one of the best juniors that ever came though the Knights junior ranks and was considered by many as the next Mal Meninga. In anycase no one can deny he had talent.

I mean if Owen is a useless, useless point to you then I could name heaps more players, Ali Lauitiiti? Jason Ryles? Mick Vella? Brent Sherwin? CLinton Toopi?

Balmain_Boy

aqua_duck said:
Despite his hungry jacks antics Owen was one of the best juniors that ever came though the Knights junior ranks and was considered by many as the next Mal Meninga. In anycase no one can deny he had talent.

I mean if Owen is a useless, useless point to you then I could name heaps more players, Ali Lauitiiti? Jason Ryles? Mick Vella? Brent Sherwin? CLinton Toopi?
Toopi and Lauitiiti are both fair points. Of the other 3, Vella was never looking like a potential superstar, same with Sherwin and Ryles would still walk into the Australian team.

Farah will only end up like Toopi et al. if injuries cruel him. He's got class stamped all over him.

Stranger

Coach
Balmain_Boy said:

:lol:

Pot - Kettle - Black...

You're as bias to the tigers as RABK is to the knights.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Balmain_Boy said:
If you took a straw poll I would think very few people would come up with Payne as Farah's equal.

Maybe not, but he may well be equal to Farah who is no certainty to play Origin, after this year's Origin series!

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
aqua_duck said:

Yes.
When Robbie or Buderus can bust a tackle then throw a cut out all while not dropping a single piece of lettuce from the Big Mac they're holding in their mouth, they'll be as good as Craigie.
The challenge has been set, something to strive for boys.