What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFS! Quade Cooper in secret talks with Parramatta Eels

84 Baby

Referee
Would you kick your mates door down though?

I would say there is more to it.

As far as his playing ability goes, he is the go to man for the Reds, in both attack & defence.:lol: Much like Lockyer has been over the years.;-)
There was a rumour that the out of court settlement and reason Cooper stole the laptops was because they contained info & photos that Cooper didn't want released

sooperdooper

First Grade
as mentioned in this thread... berrick barnes would be a great player to approach as well.
currently out of favour with the wallabies...
currently living in Sydney.

Bigfella

Coach
The ARU offer may have been initially unpalatable but there is no way they will let him go without a fight.

He is the best talent to emerge in rugby since Steve Larkham. Frankly he is about the only player in the code with genuine playmaking ability and x factor. Matt Giteau was rugby's great white hope but proved to be possibly the most overrated sportsman of all time.

They will throw the entire treasury at him before he goes anywhere.

Can't tackle but would take him in a heart beat. But seriously can't see any league club competing finance wise to what the ARU will offer him.

Suitman

Post Whore
But seriously can't see any league club competing finance wise to what the ARU will offer him.

That's my thought as well.
The more League throws at him, the more the ARU will. And the winner is.................Quade Cooper.

If we are to get him, I'd be surprised if it were before the RWC anyway.

Suity

andrew057

First Grade
I havent read the whole thread, Im sure someones already said this.

What an absolute joke. No way does Copper leave before a world cup.

This is clearly posturing from the club as they now realise theyve cut so much cap space and there is nothing on the market to use it on. Theres been a massive oversight by the club and next season the eels will be paying the consequences on field.

meatloaf

Juniors
Quade was born in NZ, moved to Aus when he was about 11 or 12, lived and played all his football in QLD. Why the f**k would he ever play for NSW.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
when i heard the name Quade i straight away thought of the movie King Pin, and the bit where Dennis Qauade gets a beer from the fridge after the hot chick had been with her nipples showing all over the place.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Quade was born in NZ, moved to Aus when he was about 11 or 12, lived and played all his football in QLD. Why the f**k would he ever play for NSW.

Well if those simple criteria determined which state a player was eligible to represent, then you MAY have a point.

But since they aren't, you don't.

Hasn't played any rugby league anywhere, so IF HE WERE to play for Parra, that would make him eligible as a NSWelshman. That's the rules.

Gronk

Staff member
AAP
Australian Rugby Union boss John O'Neill and Wallabies coach Robbie Deans have shot down reports that star playmaker Quade Cooper is considering a shock defection to rugby league next season.
News Limited on Friday claimed Cooper had held secret negotiations with the Parramatta NRL club, but both O'Neill and Deans say the 22-year-old is going nowhere.
O'Neill suspects the report is typical of a player agent trying to bump up his charge's price tag at a time the ARU is in negotiations with Australia's reigning Super 14 player of the year.
"We woke up this morning to read the news and I'm not sure how accurate the reporting has been," O'Neill told reporters on Friday.
"We already had a meeting with his agent scheduled today. It may just be a coincidence that we wake up to a headline.
"Quade's a rising star ... a young man at the start of his career - why would you go to rugby league?
"He's got the world at his feet in our game, he's got a World Cup next year, he's a player we want to retain and we're confident in the coming week or so we'll have a satisfactory deal done.
"Negotiations are continuing. They have been underway for a little while now and we're confident Quade will be staying in rugby union."
Asked his thoughts on the reports, Deans said: "There is no dalliance with league".
"Quade's expressed to us that not only does he love what he does but he wants to continue doing it and personally I'm pretty confident that that will be the case," he said.
"This tends to happen. It's newsworthy, so to speak - maybe - but I'm confident in the long run (he'll stay)."
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/cooper-not-going-to-nrl-says-aru-boss-20100813-122f1.html

LOL - another Josh "exclusive".

Suity

Suity,

I don't know as I haven't gone back to the start of this thread, I am on a POS computer up here, but in the Holiday Inn, they have Paper (Courier Mail) Delivered every morning. The article is by Peter Badel.

Way back when Badel wrote for Blueandgoldarmy.com and then moved to Big League.

I can say I am quite sure this story has legs, but I can't say any more then Bless Saint Paul's.

Suitman

Post Whore
Suity,

I don't know as I haven't gone back to the start of this thread, I am on a POS computer up here, but in the Holiday Inn, they have Paper (Courier Mail) Delivered every morning. The article is by Peter Badel.

Way back when Badel wrote for Blueandgoldarmy.com and then moved to Big League.

I can say I am quite sure this story has legs, but I can't say any more then Bless Saint Paul's.

One of the guys on the site this morning told me about the article in The Telecrap. I asked who it was written by and he said Josh.

There you have it.

Suity