What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifa 12

boxhead

First Grade
you just have to get used to it man.

try switching players with the right analog stick, containing and constantly switching keeping your shape in defence. Also don't be so aggressive and only make a tackle in and around the box or unless you know you can time the challenge well.

switch to more defensive tactics until you keep a clean sheet then slowly get more attacking.

Cheers mate. The problem is though, those strategies you advise are the ones I use. As you said though, it takes getting used to. I've also since come to the realization that the game is staying true to football; Spurs cant keep a clean sheet, especially when Gomes is in goal! In all actuality though, I've kept the equal most clean sheets in the season I'm playing between Gomes, Friedel compared to Hart.

Cheers mate. The problem is though, those strategies you advise are the ones I use. As you said though, it takes getting used to. I've also since come to the realization that the game is staying true to football; Spurs cant keep a clean sheet, especially when Gomes is in goal! In all actuality though, I've kept the equal most clean sheets in the season I'm playing between Gomes, Friedel compared to Hart.

you are right, it really is the most realistic fifa game to date.

compared to last years ice hockey barge everyone off the ball with no foul hold two buttons down style of play, it really is enjoyable.

boxhead

First Grade
Agreed, last year's defensive system was so unrealistic.

Bloody Huddlestone got injured for three months in training just as I switched the game on, I did the sensible thing and restarted the game :D

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I'm playing both career and online as Newcastle united.

Best fun I've ever had on a sports video game. I decided to sell Leon Best, in the hopes of building ben arfa. Good idea, however two games in arfa is injured and tried replacing him before the deadline, unfortunately I decided against throwing 3-4mil and used my depth. Massive gameplay changes required but so far I'm not getting enough goals, however still competing.

HowHigh

Coach
Playing career mode with Oxford Utd (npower 2). Today is the first time I've actually played it properly...still can't get used to the tactical defending and finding it harder to scorer than fifa 11

you are right, it really is the most realistic fifa game to date.

compared to last years ice hockey barge everyone off the ball with no foul hold two buttons down style of play, it really is enjoyable.

It's been like that for a few years.

It's mighty hard to defend online I'm getting destroyed something fierce, embarrassing scorelines.

Has anybody messed around with the sliders?

f**k that tactical defending shit. I swapped to legacy defending two games in.

Going through at the moment with Arsenal but just playing juniors like AOC and Ryo and going alright. Pretty enjoyable i must say. Defending is a lot more about positioning then throwing yourself in which is nice to see.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Fifa 12 is the best sports game I've ever played, by a mile.

Also, Fifa 12 is better than real life. Vermaelen and Wilshere aren't broken, unlike Wenger I got Gotze, Hazard and Cahill, and Arsenal is on top of the table where we belong.

Where have you been playing Hazard?

I opted to stick with Gervinho on the left rather than bring someone else in. He's a a machine!

Also picked up Khedira from Madrid for 10m and Otamendi from Porto for 7.

HowHigh

Coach
World Class. Too scared to try legendary yet, maybe after i've won the league.
Yeah same, I got pumped when I tried legendary

After a few hours this afternoon I started winning majority of the the games on world class.....getting used to the tactical defending...its pretty f**kin annoying sometimes when u can't get the ball back for ages though

CC_Eagle

First Grade
What's your starting lineup when everyone is fit?

One season down, didn't win the league as I simmed too many games. :sarcasm: Arteta is getting on, so I brought in Gourcuff for 17m.

Bremen offered 20m for Chamakh which was too hard to say no to, so I brought in Cisse from Freiburg for 10m as a replacement.

Scz (82)

Gibbs (79), Vermaelen (84), Per (84), Sagna (83).

Song (84), Wilshere (85)

Gourcuff

Gervinho (86), RvP (89) Walcott (80something).

Fabianski
Otamendi
Ramsey
Cisse
Khedira
Arshavin

boxhead

First Grade
Player growth in this game is insanely good, even compared to PES.
My personal experience; by the January transfer window in my first season, Walker is up by 2, Bale is up by 2, Neuer (yes I managed to buy him) has gone up by like 4-6 to now be 91, a whole heap of others have gone up by 1 and 2, etc.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Where have you been playing Hazard?

I opted to stick with Gervinho on the left rather than bring someone else in. He's a a machine!

Also picked up Khedira from Madrid for 10m and Otamendi from Porto for 7.
I sold Gervinho because he annoyed me in yesterdays game.

My 1st 11:
Hazard - RVP - Walcott
Schweinsteiger-Wilshere
Busquets
Baines-Vermaelen-Cahill-Sagna
szc

Beckford, Miyaichi, Ramsay, Milner, Gibbs, Samba, Phil Jones

mongoose

Coach
My last experience was with Fifa 10 (didn't bother getting 11). I think Fifa 12 is vastly better in every way. Career mode has improved alot, the information is presented a lot better and is more relevant. There is a lot more focus on transfers and its easier to manage them. I havent tried the career player, or career player manager mode yet.

The game play is more realistic, however I have trouble keeping a clean sheet as well. I seem to win a lot of games 3-2. You really have to time your tackles too as the AI just steps around you a lot. Hasn't disappointed so far thoough.

Playing career mode with Oxford Utd (npower 2). Today is the first time I've actually played it properly...still can't get used to the tactical defending and finding it harder to scorer than fifa 11

don't give up keep trying, you will get there, it will feel unreal when it all finally clicks, trust me.

It's been like that for a few years.

It's mighty hard to defend online I'm getting destroyed something fierce, embarrassing scorelines.

Has anybody messed around with the sliders?

watch this it should help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=talBIzfcvIA

World Class. Too scared to try legendary yet, maybe after i've won the league.

play ranked online, vs ai is nothing to be proud of. and learn to use TD.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
I sold Gervinho because he annoyed me in yesterdays game.

My 1st 11:
Hazard - RVP - Walcott
Schweinsteiger-Wilshere
Busquets
Baines-Vermaelen-Cahill-Sagna
szc

Beckford, Miyaichi, Ramsay, Milner, Gibbs, Samba, Phil Jones

:lol:

Miyachi and Oxe are guns on this. I should start using them beyond cup games tbh. Beckford?