What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifa 12

does this years version actually have licensed teams from lower leagues?
Npower/Seria B etc
last year I was more into getting the lower teams promoted/building a powerhouse as opposed to starting with $100 Million, but it doesn't excite me when most clubs dont even have the real kit/badge.
just some generic badge with the letter on it..

any change this year?

boxhead

First Grade
No worries,

I couldn't be bothered to type it so I took a photo of the starting 11, the substitutes and the reserves.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/photo3cjmhn.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/844/photo2or.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/photoztw.jpg/

photoztw.jpg

photo2or.jpg

photo3cjmhn.jpg

Cheers mate, thanks :)
First XI: Walker is under-rated, Lennon is overrated, Modric and VDV and Bale are extremely debatable.
Bench: Gomes is overrated, Sandro is way underrated, King is underrated as well.
Reserves: All debatable but Livermore at 64 is embarrassing, he should be 73-75.

Thanks again mate. Overall I am happy with the ratings, Walker, Sandro and Livermore arent given due praise, and I can see why the big three are causing a lot of hysteria.
In the end though, as long as the game plays well it doesn't natter :D

Last edited:

nöyd

Staff member
nah, i'll be returning this and picking up pro evo on pc, even without most licenses it is still superior imo, especially after the patch and mod sites are finished with it, i can see why i never bought a fifa game for so long, the game just doesnt flow, and it looks too "cartoony" for mine...

boxhead

First Grade
I'll probably end up with PES 2012 at some point, it largely depends on how well FIFA 12's manager mode ages. Of the two demos I was actually more impressed with PES.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Pes over FIFA? Maybe 5 years ago.

I've actually played a promotional copy of pes and after an hour the game began to feel quite boring and very mechanical.

boxhead

First Grade
PES has the far superior management and player-career modes, and its gameplay is fantastic if you know what you are doing. A lot of people don't like the arcade-style feel and visuals though, which is understandable. Having played a lot of both PES 2011 and FIFA 11, my biggest criticisms of the former comparatively were the lack of weight in any of the actions and the licensing issues. The first issue of the two appears to have been fixed, what I loved about the PES '12 demo was the weighted precision behind everything.
It comes largely down to opinion with those two, PES is still better than most give it credit for.

11 sucked, I borrowed it off a mate for a while and I couldn't even get the 50 hour accomplishment. Played 2 seasons of manager mode and was done with it.

If 12 is as good as c2k makes it out I'll get it, does anyone do UT?

Lol

PC androtrop has to play one of the biggest online games on XBL coz ain't no one on the PC :lol:

I'm getting it on PC too, cause I got my jew money, you mad nazi? :lol:

CC_Eagle

First Grade
I'm getting it on PC too, cause I got my jew money, you mad nazi? :lol:

:crazy::crazy:

I played PES once..

After ten minutes I put it back in my drawer and never played it again. Each to their own.

Am off to pick up my copy in a bit. Watching Arsenal V Olympiakos this morning screwed with my "go get it at 9am like a true fanboy" plan.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
The first year since Fifa 08 that I've wanted PES more then Fifa. I'll be buying both games though, PES 2012 for offline play and Fifa 12 for online play like clubs, H2H etc.

I'm not really sure about the full game (haven't got it yet) but the Fifa 12 demo felt the same as Fifa 11, besides the dribbling and defensive system, I didn't notice a lot different. All the Fifa games have improved dramatically from Fifa 08 to Fifa 11 every year IMO, but this demo of Fifa 12 has felt a little disappointing.

I personally prefer the Fifa games to PES, but the PES 12 demo was really fun and addictive. It just feels very realistic and I know the other ones are suppose to be too, but this one just felt different, it's hard to explain lol.

boxhead

First Grade
I know what you mean, I think PES just isn't given the credit it deserves, probably because FIFA has already ensnared the majority.

Arsenal's were pretty spot on imo.

Scz : 79 - should be higher.
Sagna - 83
TV - 83
Mertesacker - 82
Gibbs & Santos - 75
Song - 82
Arteta - 82
Wilshere - 82
Gervinho - 84
Walcott - 82
RvP - 86

Benayoun - 82
Chamakh - 81
Arshavin - 83
Djourou - 77
Ramsey - 77 - should be higher.
Koscielny - 78 - should be higher.
Diaby - 77 - should be higher.
Park - 77
Squillaci - 77 - too high.
Fabianski - 77

Think Vermaelen and van Persie should be at least 2 points higher as well.

lol@Arshavin, wasn't he like 89 in '11?

I cant even see the stats ffs. they are in coloured boxes now and you cant see the number. which goes along with the rest of the game where all text is written so small that i cant see shit.

Just got back from the gamesmen, played 1 game and it's no different to 11 really.

I'm getting in to this UT thing though, I've got all these gold strikers if anyone wants to trade, preferably Crespo and If anyone gets the Allianz Arena want to trade it for the Amsterdam Arena.

What do the managers do? I received Fergie in a pack but as far as I can it does nothing.

I can see the tears about tactical defending in ranked games now, makes it harder but its a good thing, defending used to be press and hold 2 buttons.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I like the tactical defending, but I find it annoying when i want to play aggressive in D rather then be on the back foot all the time by holding A (I'm not an aggressive A/B abuser btw, but their are times when it's nice to play aggressive when you need the ball). Coming in for the tackle by aiming at them is kinda difficult when you come up against a skilled dribbler.

The tactical defending is really handy around the in goal area though and it's probably stopped the bombarding of long chipped passes a bit online because you aren't rushing up in their face as much and leaving space behind your defenders..

Last edited:
I like the tactical defending, but I find it annoying when i want to play aggressive in D rather then be on the back foot all the time by holding A (I'm not an aggressive A/B abuser btw, but their are times when it's nice to play aggressive when you need the ball). Coming in for the tackle by aiming at them is kinda difficult when you come up against a skilled dribbler.

The tactical defending is really handy around the in goal area though and it's probably stopped the bombarding of long chipped passes a bit online because you aren't rushing up in their face as much and leaving space behind your defenders..

yeah and for that reason tactical settings come into play. I guess you can have a decent press across the park (I have not seen fatigue really be taken into account yet other than sprinting) in settings and the AI will press for you while you stick to an attacker or close a lane.

It will take alot of getting used to for most

as for dribblers changing direction f**king up the jockey, I find just moving most of the time without jockying helps as you can change direction better. Also committing to the tackle helps if you time it well. I use jockey/sprint jockey alot less, but like I said it will take time to perfect.