What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifa 12

BunniesMan

Immortal
:lol:

Miyachi and Oxe are guns on this. I should start using them beyond cup games tbh. Beckford?
Jermaine Beckford from Everton. Cheap, decent for a backup. With RVP playing every game he's not exhausted for I sold every other striker to help pay for my big buys, Beckford was a decent backup.

nöyd

Staff member
damn you sons of bitches with your enthusiasm for this game, you've made me keep it. what mode are we talking about here with player progression and what-not? manager?

boxhead

First Grade
Career mode, manager mode.
Currently in my first season with Spurs and undefeated in all competitions - I will move up to world class once I'm comfortable with the defensive system. The only reason I didn't start on world class was because IGN put a "beware" tag on it.

This deadline day in career mode was really cool. I usually don't sign players in the first transfer window but who could refuse that awesomeness? Xherdan Shaqiri come on down!

Good video that. I was doing pretty much that but not containing which makes a huge difference. So far I kept HSV to clean sheet until the 80th minute until the AI totally cheesed me and stole 2 goals and kept Kaiserslautern to 1 which was a f**king ripper of a goal it has to be said.

When you play on world class or legendary and you watch how the AI defend you that video is pretty much what they do, they cheese hard on the anticipation but I don't mind it.

nöyd

Staff member
Career mode, manager mode.
Currently in my first season with Spurs and undefeated in all competitions - I will move up to world class once I'm comfortable with the defensive system. The only reason I didn't start on world class was because IGN put a "beware" tag on it.

yeah thanks mate, just got home and played a couple of friendlies before going to bed, forgot who I played in the first one but I just done Osasuna 5-4 with Adebayor netting a hattrick, including the winner. Playing on the second highest difficulty at the mo, will probably bump it up once I see how I go against quality opposition.

Got straight into the transfer market, picked up Kaka, only because I love hearing Martin Tyler say: "Kaka. KAKA!!" lol Probably paid overs for him but I'm new at this, gimme a break. ;-)

Scum just offered me 31m for Modric, what to do, what to do...if I play against him I'll kick the f**k outta him guaranteed...

nöyd

Staff member
Scum just offered me 31m for Modric, what to do, what to do...if I play against him I'll kick the f**k outta him guaranteed...

Real just offered 38m, I took it but they are yet to get back to me...

boxhead

First Grade
You should have kept him mate! Trading Modric for Kaka does not compute lol :) You'll be able to buy a good, younger replacement though if you look around.
Personally, I'm using Modric at right midfielder because Huddlestone demanded selection and has been close to my best player, so his effectiveness is limited; I'm keeping him for when Parker retires though. I could easily sell him and buy someone that is much better in that role though.
Though their overalls aren't that high, Parker and Adebayor are absolute beasts. Parker doesn't stop working and strangely he has scored 7 goals in the league. Adebayor simply won't stop scoring, he scores in clumps generally.
My current Spurs outfit is (at full strength);
Neuer
Walker Chiellini Dawson Marcelo
Modric Parker Huddlestone Bale
VDV
Adebayor
However, Chiellini only played four games (I signed him on deadline day in the first window) and has missed the rest of the season through injury, Marcelo has been.....divisive and Neuer hasn't kicked on very well.
What's your line-up at the moment?
My next purchase will be a striker (depending on how much money I have) and then a focus on depth.

Last edited:

nöyd

Staff member
You should have kept him mate! Trading Modric for Kaka does not compute lol

really don't care whether it computes or not mate, I'm just getting a feel for the game, it is my first fifa in well over a decade as i said before.

boxhead

First Grade
Yeah I was just joking, don't worry :)
I was clueless when I first played FIFA 11 and I largely still am, I used to only focus on massive name signings or overly expensive players retiring in two years (Walter Samuel). It sucks that I can't buy Neymar in my first season anymore now unless I want to let go five-six quality players, the damn kid used to cost 15-20 million in '11 and now costs closer to 80 million!
I'm still getting used to 12 though, I've bought the best goalie in the world and two of the best defenders in the world in their respective positions, but my squad has really suffered; especially when I've had five games in eight days! Depth seems to be much more important now, especially with defenders.

Last edited:

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Jermaine Beckford from Everton. Cheap, decent for a backup. With RVP playing every game he's not exhausted for I sold every other striker to help pay for my big buys, Beckford was a decent backup.

True that. In previous FIFA's, Beckford was always one of my first buys when managing a lower table or league club.

Devastatingly quick.

:lol:

Miyachi and Oxe are guns on this. I should start using them beyond cup games tbh. Beckford?

Theyr both beasts. obviously super quick and has pretty decent shots despite how low rated they are. I play manual so their passing is irrelevant.

I play them both in my starting lineup and i'm midway through november and AOC has 7 goals and Miyaichi 5.

Frimpong is a monster in cdm as well, 76 shot power and something like 82 strength.

play ranked online, vs ai is nothing to be proud of. and learn to use TD.

What's there to be proud of. It's just a game. You're the one telling people what to do talking like you're hot shit and we should just do what you say.

I'm used to legacy defending, i don't see the benefit of switching to tactical. All it does is encourage you to jockey and call second defenders when necessary which any half assed fifa player would already be doing consistently.

nöyd

Staff member
keep at it mate, i detested it too at first but it's getting better each time i have a game, I'm just about to bump it up to the highest difficulty

Yeah, the defense on it is terrible and the game is purely designed for people with massive tvs. I cant see shit on my analog :( everything is so small.

What's there to be proud of. It's just a game. You're the one telling people what to do talking like you're hot shit and we should just do what you say.

I'm used to legacy defending, i don't see the benefit of switching to tactical. All it does is encourage you to jockey and call second defenders when necessary which any half assed fifa player would already be doing consistently.

I'm giving advice, if people want to take it thats fine by me, I have played fifa games for almost 20 or so years.

You sound like a androtrop crying about TD, its good that TD is on ranked because little androtrops like you who would hold and press A/B all game can no longer win by being cheap merkins and stick to Versus AI lol.

I'm giving advice, if people want to take it thats fine by me, I have played fifa games for almost 20 or so years.

You sound like a androtrop crying about TD, its good that TD is on ranked because little androtrops like you who would hold and press A/B all game can no longer win by being cheap merkins and stick to Versus AI lol.

I don't play online, my internet isn't fast enough so it just lags. I have a group of 8 friends who play pretty seriously so i play against real people more than enough so i don't think i'm missing out on much.

I can't remember the last time i pressed A/X in a game, jockeying and moving into the player has worked for me for since i learnt how to do it.

boxhead

First Grade
Unsurprisingly, FIFA 12 enjoyed the best debut of any game this year *and* any sports game throughout history, selling 3.2 million copies in it's first week.