What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifa 12

online be a pro is still nice, my VP is almost 80

the graphics, camera angles have been improved.

career mode player progression is what I'm testing out now, then hit up UT, but I'd like to not always play against people who spend 100's of dollars buying plat packs :/

HowHigh

Coach
Im just waiting for the tv in the loungeroom to free up.....cmon 8:30 lol
(1 in my room is too shit cbf playing ps3 on it)

I like the tactical defending, but I find it annoying when i want to play aggressive in D rather then be on the back foot all the time by holding A (I'm not an aggressive A/B abuser btw, but their are times when it's nice to play aggressive when you need the ball). Coming in for the tackle by aiming at them is kinda difficult when you come up against a skilled dribbler.

The tactical defending is really handy around the in goal area though and it's probably stopped the bombarding of long chipped passes a bit online because you aren't rushing up in their face as much and leaving space behind your defenders..

Getting the ball back can be a motherf**ker of a problem.

Drawing the defender on the angle then hitting a 360 spin seems to be the tactic of choice online and it's burning me every time.

Getting the ball back can be a motherf**ker of a problem.

Drawing the defender on the angle then hitting a 360 spin seems to be the tactic of choice online and it's burning me every time.

try this. stay away from the ball and control another defender blocking a lane or man marking. set tactics pre match to pressing 70+

wait for attacker to lose ball

profit

boxhead

First Grade
The career mode is much better, I don't know how the growth and youth systems work yet though.
I think that growth must be much better in this game though, for example, I looked up forwards to sign that were overall 80+ and between 17 and 24 years of age, the second most expensive result behind Messi was Neymar with an overall of 84, compared to the other players his 44 million pound price tag was astonishing. I could only surmise that potential has a greater influence in this one.
Of course though, it could be because he is 19.

try this. stay away from the ball and control another defender blocking a lane or man marking. set tactics pre match to pressing 70+

wait for attacker to lose ball

profit

That works better. Timing the tackle is difficult but f**k it feels good when you pull it off and stop a counter attack.

All those people who cranked up pressure and the defensive line to 100 and held down B on defense are f**ked now :lol:

I like the subtle differences from Fifa 11 like when you play against the AI instead of constantly booting the ball out when they're defending they manage to find a player and hit you on the counter attack which is good so you can't constantly camp in the AI's half.

It's a much better effort than Fifa 11 I'll give them that.

The career mode is much better, I don't know how the growth and youth systems work yet though.
I think that growth must be much better in this game though, for example, I looked up forwards to sign that were overall 80+ and between 17 and 24 years of age, the second most expensive result behind Messi was Neymar with an overall of 84, compared to the other players his 44 million pound price tag was astonishing. I could only surmise that potential has a greater influence in this one.
Of course though, it could be because he is 19.

was the biggest gripe last year for people who played Career mode, no player growth what so ever. I'm about 7 games in and have not seen anyone go up or down so not looking good so far.

That works better. Timing the tackle is difficult but f**k it feels good when you pull it off and stop a counter attack.

All those people who cranked up pressure and the defensive line to 100 and held down B on defense are f**ked now :lol:

I like the subtle differences from Fifa 11 like when you play against the AI instead of constantly booting the ball out when they're defending they manage to find a player and hit you on the counter attack which is good so you can't constantly camp in the AI's half.

It's a much better effort than Fifa 11 I'll give them that.

I tried to play UT and it hung as it was loading (was able to get into XBL control panel) twice, so it might be a bug.

you will still get ameritards playing 100 pressure/line sending the whole team at the ball lol, but I pass it around and frustrate them then find an open man or switch flanks with X then its good game.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
was the biggest gripe last year for people who played Career mode, no player growth what so ever. I'm about 7 games in and have not seen anyone go up or down so not looking good so far.

I tried to play UT and it hung as it was loading (was able to get into XBL control panel) twice, so it might be a bug.

you will still get ameritards playing 100 pressure/line sending the whole team at the ball lol, but I pass it around and frustrate them then find an open man or switch flanks with X then its good game.

Growth was good for me?

Within a few months The Szcz, Gibbs, Mertesacker, Wilshere, RvP, Gervinho and Vermaelen had all gone up 1-3 points.

Growth was good for me?

Within a few months The Szcz, Gibbs, Mertesacker, Wilshere, RvP, Gervinho and Vermaelen had all gone up 1-3 points.

they fixed it a bit in the later patches of Fifa 11 but it wasn't good enough for most people, maybe +1-3 a year

Now after a month I'm seeing improvements in my Brewers side, looking good now.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Fifa 12 is the best sports game I've ever played, by a mile.

Also, Fifa 12 is better than real life. Vermaelen and Wilshere aren't broken, unlike Wenger I got Gotze, Hazard and Cahill, and Arsenal is on top of the table where we belong.

boxhead

First Grade
I'm starting to get exceedingly frustrated with this game, it is almost impossible to keep a clean sheet and almost every conceded goal is a result of either cheap defensive AI or some bullsh*t call. What irks me even more is that I am playing on professional, whereas I'm used to world class and legendary.
Also, the transfers seem to be almost scripted, I kept repeating transfer deadline day and I always received an offer of 9 million for BAE from PSG regardless of whether he was listed or not. In the ten times I did it, no matter who I listed, I only ever got two other offers; both for Modric from Chelsea for 35+ million.
It's a great game but this "tactical defending" crap is bollocks, especially when the AI pulls your players out of position or deliberately auto-switches to players nowhere near the ball so that the nearest defender can't stop a goal.
I also don't accept having to change game tactics so I can get possession back, no matter what team I play I am almost always on the wrong end of the possession statistics, whether it be QPR, Everton, Wolves, Wigan, and etcetera. It's unrealistic and it's quickly becoming a game breaker for me.

Of course, it could just be I haven't adjusted yet :D

Last edited:

boxhead

First Grade
I also forgot to mention injuries. Apparently they are more 'realistic'. That does seem to be the case, but Brad Friedel and Chiellini both got anterior cruciate ligament injuries five-ten matches in at TRAINING and will miss the whole season -____-

The one thing that is the same like real life is your mediocre central european league is a glorified feeder comp. Schweinsteiger and Gotze look good wearing the #7 and #10 for Arsenal. A pretty decent midfield pairing...

A video game is the only way your team becomes relevant and it says a lot that you go out of your way to sign Götze and Schweini

Why you bother with football when you know less about that game than you do RL is beyond me

boxhead

First Grade
A video game is the only way your team becomes relevant and it says a lot that you go out of your way to sign Götze and Schweini

Why you bother with football when you know less about that game than you do RL is beyond me

I had to laugh when he said the Bundesliga was a mediocre feeder league but signs Gotze from BvB and Schweinsteiger from your "average" team. Bunniestool being a moron as always.

Incidentally, I am over my rant :) The defensive system does take getting used to.
For those inquiring about player growth; as far as I can tell it doesn't pop up with player growth/decline messages anymore, you have to keep an eye on their overalls. It is a much better system so far; in two-three months of the season, Kyle Walker, Gareth Bale, Adebayor and Defoe have all grown by 1. Compare that to FIFA 11 where the best growth in a season I ever managed was Sergio Ramos and Casillas growing by 1.
Walker is a beast in the game, just like in real life :D

I'm starting to get exceedingly frustrated with this game, it is almost impossible to keep a clean sheet and almost every conceded goal is a result of either cheap defensive AI or some bullsh*t call. What irks me even more is that I am playing on professional, whereas I'm used to world class and legendary.
Also, the transfers seem to be almost scripted, I kept repeating transfer deadline day and I always received an offer of 9 million for BAE from PSG regardless of whether he was listed or not. In the ten times I did it, no matter who I listed, I only ever got two other offers; both for Modric from Chelsea for 35+ million.
It's a great game but this "tactical defending" crap is bollocks, especially when the AI pulls your players out of position or deliberately auto-switches to players nowhere near the ball so that the nearest defender can't stop a goal.
I also don't accept having to change game tactics so I can get possession back, no matter what team I play I am almost always on the wrong end of the possession statistics, whether it be QPR, Everton, Wolves, Wigan, and etcetera. It's unrealistic and it's quickly becoming a game breaker for me.

Of course, it could just be I haven't adjusted yet :D

you just have to get used to it man.

try switching players with the right analog stick, containing and constantly switching keeping your shape in defence. Also don't be so aggressive and only make a tackle in and around the box or unless you know you can time the challenge well.

switch to more defensive tactics until you keep a clean sheet then slowly get more attacking.