What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finch

Phillips

Referee
Ron Jeremy said:
Finch was what 20? when he was halfback at Canberra, he played very well when he was down there, something happened though?

agreed, i also thought he went well at Canberra

Yep. Just look at how the Roosters have declined since Stuart got there. He won a Grand Final with a team handed to him by Graham Murray - but since he has had the opprtunity to sink his claws into the Club..............well, the results speak for themselves.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I thought he had a great 2004 playing inside Freddy..I guess who wouldn't, but I really believe that sticky put alot of pressure on him to take control of a team chocked full of super stars and couldn't handle it..I think it's got to a stage in Finch's career where he needs a team like us to get his confidence back on track..we can only benefit from it.

let's see what happens.

Utey

Coach
Am I the only one who wouldnt welcome the bloke? I think he could go well here, a fresh start is all he needs.

yy_cheng

Coach
I would actually give him a run as long as the contract is a 1 year + 1 year option OUR WAY.

However, I wish we could sneak green in there somewhere and give him a taste of 1st grade just to see how he handles it. If he is overawed, then he can work on those aspects of his game. But if he takes to 1st grade like Hayne. The WooAh !

If he doesn't get a run this year, I hope they play him in the trials like they did with Timmy

Look, if Timmy comes back out next year and plays like he did in 05, Finch could be a very good acquisition.

The thing is, he is not a guy to be the foremost leader of the team. Give him a chance to be an important support player and he could excel. Too much is expected of him at the Roosters because Anasta is a stronger runner than ball-player and so Finch has too much on his plate.

If Tim gets back to form, then Finch can sit back and ride his coat tails. If Tim doesn't, too much will be left to Finch and we'd be screwed.

Hollywood Jesus said:
Yep. Just look at how the Roosters have declined since Stuart got there. He won a Grand Final with a team handed to him by Graham Murray - but since he has had the opprtunity to sink his claws into the Club..............well, the results speak for themselves.

100% Agree with that.

Also Sticky has gradually seen his forward stocks decline, and replaced them with no one.

Cayless,
Ricketson,
Crocker,

Leaving Morely and Fitzgibbon to lay the platform, and Fitzgibbon is out of form at this time.

cardinal

Juniors
Hollywood Jesus said:
Look, if Timmy comes back out next year and plays like he did in 05, Finch could be a very good acquisition.

The thing is, he is not a guy to be the foremost leader of the team. Give him a chance to be an important support player and he could excel. Too much is expected of him at the Roosters because Anasta is a stronger runner than ball-player and so Finch has too much on his plate.

If Tim gets back to form, then Finch can sit back and ride his coat tails. If Tim doesn't, too much will be left to Finch and we'd be screwed.

Agree 100% finch cant steer a team around on his own, but if he is allowed to pick his time to be involved he could be a good player for us. I think he brings more with his game than morris.

Stagger eel

Staff member
cardinal said:
Agree 100% finch cant steer a team around on his own, but if he is allowed to pick his time to be involved he could be a good player for us. I think he brings more with his game than morris.

absolutely, but there's no doubting that if he comes..Hages will need to work over time in the summer months to get these 2 to click..but it could happen.

dazeely

First Grade
my biggest concern is if he comes and doesn't work will Hagan be smart enough to drop him to PL or will he persist with him like BS did for so long with his favourites. Just because he is Brett Finch means jack sh*t to me. Lets hope Hagan thinks the same. If he is good enough great otherwise f**k him off and give the likes of Blake a shot etc...

jayjayselmes

Juniors
why are we endosing the finch signng? are you guys serious?

Jese we must be realr really desperate to even aim for finch what a total pathetic non performer to sign.

Id feel embarrassed to say we have finch and smith in the halves next year. look at the rossters with ansata and finch absolute rubbish!!! and supposed to be world beaters

I just cant beleive we are this desperate because i guess there is no one else to sign, i mean lets scrpape the absolute bottom of the barrel to sign brett finch

The Colonel

Immortal
Not sure people are endorsing it jayjay. I think people are just coming to terms with what looks like the inevitable.

lucablight

First Grade
Finch has been tried at five eighth already and it didn't work. Why the hell would you want to play two halfbacks in the halves? It didn't work with Allan Langer + Ricky Stuart or even more recently for Gower and Kimmorley and they had an australian forward back in front of them.

lucablight

First Grade
It seems to me people are desperately clutching at straws to try and justify this. Good forbid we actually have opinions of our own and question the decisions of the club.

Latest posts